abdlexplorer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to regularly indulging my DL side, and have started wearing them more often recently. I've seen a couple people on here mention wearing with no medical need, but finding that over time, their ability to control their bladders when not wearing seems to have been lowered.

I want to hear from anyone who wishes to share their thoughts or experiences in this matter; whether you feel you have experienced this induced dependency, or still have total control. If medically incontinent, I'm curious if people feel they have better control knowing they're not wearing a diaper.

This topic comes up frequently. A small percentage of DLs find that they lose a large amount of their control after awhile, but it's pretty rare. Most DLs find that their bladder becomes easier to release on demand, which you could look at as an increase in control I suppose. Some DLs find that they have less time to deal with urges or appear to have a smaller bladder capacity.

It's very difficult to say how much of these effects is mental and how much is physical, and there's really no way for a DL to predict how it will affect them.

I personally wear 24/7 but usually only wet overnight (close to 100% of the time) and occasionally during the day (10%?), all of it still voluntary, after years of wearing. It's also really helped me "take control" of my shy bladder.

I used to wear for fun occasionally, never for longer than a day or so. Then, I started to have increased urgency and leaking, and started wetting the bed. I went to a urologist and they found some problems that seemingly had happened totally apart from my wearing. It was merely a coincidence that I had worn diapers earlier, and didn't have any bearing on my loss of control. From what I've read here, unless you specifically go for "untraining" (which is discouraged here), you're not likely to cause any problems that you didn't already have.

The fact there seems to be a fair amount of people who have gone from DL to IC I think has to do with prior conditions they had (such as bedwetting or early-life continence issues) that caused the DL preference to develop, and came back again later in their life. Funny though, it doesn't make it any easier - maybe even harder! You feel guilty about it.

PlotTwist said:
The fact there seems to be a fair amount of people who have gone from DL to IC I think has to do with prior conditions they had (such as bedwetting or early-life continence issues) that caused the DL preference to develop, and came back again later in their life. Funny though, it doesn't make it any easier - maybe even harder! You feel guilty about it.

Thats true. For me it was not that I felt guity, but my IC tooks out a lot of the fun that I had with diapers before. So I would say it’s propably better to be an IC and become a DL then the other way around. As a DL I’m somehow dependent on diapers in a psychological way but becoming an IC brought no benefit at all to me.

But to come back to the qustion: I’m a DL for my hole live, and I didn’t loose my bladder control because I was wearing diapers. The only think that happend indeed was that my bladder capacity shrinkted over the years. How ever - the root cause for my IC was a bladder infection that affected the nerves of my bladder wall.

I haven't gone without nappies for over 6 years. I have very little control over my bladder.

I just posted this in a similar thread.

"This has come up a lot lately. Wearing diapers long term in itself simply will not cause incontinence. Now wear long term while also keeping your muscles relaxed probably will. Most of the time it can be reversed via simple potty traning. However, as adults we forget how painful it can be stretching the bladder and strengthening our sphincters. It seems some can't stand that, and end up permanently incontinent to one degree or another.

It would seem the OP is in the process of reverse potty traning (or maybe already has). I'd highly recommend thinking about if this is what you want for the rest of your life or not. If not, or if you're worried it's something else, then maybe it's time to see a urologist. Otherwise, stock up on more diapers and enjoy being wet and messy."

This all said, I too started out as a DL, and had always wanted to become incontinent. Though my path to it was....rocky to say the least, I am now fully funtional urinanry incontinent. Before I go on though, I always say to be very careful what you wish for. When I first became urge incontinent with a blockage I absolutely hated it. I even struggled with medically needing diapers and hating myself for also loving to wear them. Then there was the cost. It was difficuly budgeting for even crappy diapers back when I was in college.

Now though, I can pee without even thinking about it, constantly and without choice. And I love it! I love being dependent on diapers, and feel like I can finally be comfortable in my my own body even though diapers have become somewhat mundane for me. The high money cost of diapers is worth it to me too, nearly as much as having a roof over my head. But it's not going to be like that for everyone, so again approach this with caution as you may find you don't like being incontnent after you already are.

I had an accident the other night after drinking around 2L of water. Woke up to a stream just starting and decided to let it finish. I guess my body finally registered being padded was OK to release on its own.

I originally started wearing diapers again because of a spinal injury in the military which left me bed ridden and almost completely urinary incontinent. I was afraid of ever regaining control. With therapy i did recover complete daytime continence. For comfort reasons and a few bed wettings I consulted my doctor. She suggested I wear "protection" at at night. I started to wear diapers at night. Ironically, my night accidents stopped. I guess it was the security of not worrying. That was over decades ago. Today I am completely recovered and continent diapered or not. I chose to wear diapers Pull-ups in the day. On long trips, bedtime or situations where bathroom breaks are not available I wear Thick Overnights and covers . I have rarely try to hold it for long. I feel it is more comfortable and natural to not hold it and my stress level and demeanor have improved greatly. In situations where I forget to bring enough extras or run out a few times in the last 20+ years, I am able to be completely continent, even overnight except twice but that was my fault related to alcohol consumption at New Years 2000 and military retirement party.
To answer your question more directly. No my continence has not been affected by my 24/7 use of diapers. I find it more stress relieving and comfortable knowing It is my choice.
Finally before making an important decision like this I think it is best to consult with mental and physical health professionals. What may be right for me but not others.

I find that after wearing for 24hrs/day for a few days that I have less time to make it to potty while not wearing. It come quick and everyone better get outa my way. I started wearing quite more frequently, just recently and a few days into it is did wake up wet, but just happened once. Kinda scared me, because I do not have incontinence or bedwetting accidents. I was really exhausted and had fallen asleep after drinking a couple bottles of water.

If you spend enough time relying on your diapers to manage your bladder control you will find increased difficulty as the bladder muscles can weaken over time too if they aren't exercised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back