tomcat

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Well my new continence nurse has ordered me a couple of new samples to try

Molicare mobile 10 drop
Abri flex Large L3
Abri- let anatomic pad 500mlabri let.jpg

How do I get the leg gathers of Molicare mobile and Abena pullups to stop digging into me while sitting?

Also my continence nurse has me trialling abri flex L3 molicare mobile 10 drop (both large) and wants me to trial them with an abri let anatomic pad in them and wondering does it matter which way I put the abri let pad into pull up

Thank you

You should get the Continence Nurse to explain it to you.

With the pullups, do they feel tight? I quite like the Molicare Mobile 10-drop pullups, but then I was using the XL. Maybe the L is a tad too small? You can get a sample of XL's through Independence Australia. Just ring them and ask.

The Abena Abri-Flex are good too. They were actually my go-to day pullups when I was in pullups.

Although the Moli's and Abena pullups were good, I didn't like pullups for the simple reason that one wet, and I had to change. Stripping off my clothes at work to change a pullup was never fun.

So I'm in nappies now though. I had been using Abena XL4's at night, and Molicare XL 10-drop during the day, but now progressed to a mix of Rearz Inspire+InControl at night, and Rearz AB-printed diapers for the day, as the Rearz diapers are plastic-backed. Helps with odour control.

tomcat said:
Well my new continence nurse has ordered me a couple of new samples to try

Molicare mobile 10 drop
Abri flex Large L3
Abri- let anatomic pad 500mlView attachment 31886

How do I get the leg gathers of Molicare mobile and Abena pullups to stop digging into me while sitting?

Also my continence nurse has me trialling abri flex L3 molicare mobile 10 drop (both large) and wants me to trial them with an abri let anatomic pad in them and wondering does it matter which way I put the abri let pad into pull up

Thank you

My experience is that any pad will not help against leaks with any pullup. It will only delay the leaks, and since there will be more pee there overall, the leaks will be that much worse. The problem isn't just the limited overall capacity of a pullup either, its the weak leg gatherers, poor or no leak barriers, and not having them plastic backed. Plus, adding in a booster will lift the pullup away from your body. This will make the leg seals really weak, and much more prone to leaking. Do yourself a favor and insist your continence nurse gets you something good enough to not need boosters in the first place.

Unfortunately I cant get anything Plastic backed in Australia :(

Yes you can.

I have. I currently have BetterDry, Rearz Inspire+InControl, Rearz Princess, Rearz Safari, and Bambino Magnifico in my stash of plastic-backed nappies. All bought from an importer in Brisbane.

There is also ABU in Melbourne.

If you're concerned about bringing these up to the Continence Nurse, there are medical plastic-backed nappies available through Independence Australia website. Ring their helpline and ask the question.

Independence Australia sells plastic backed? may I ask where on their website. Thanks as I get funding through NDIS

Downunderwear in Brisbane sell the Betterdry and Rearz nappies, and is also NDIS too. those are proper plastic-backed, not the Depends-like ones.

Search for their website. Shipping is discrete, and really quick!

Also ring Independence Australia, and ask. I know they have them, bit didnt make any serious enquiries, as I was happy at the time with my Molicares and Abena nappies.

Um I have emotional issues about trying them as it is I have samples of medical grade (from Brightsky and Independence Australia so clothe backed) as it was I needed a lot of counselling when I 1st had to wear pull ups due to mental health issues at the time as well as having to wear what society believes are babyish or for the old :( so going to try nurse's advice 1st :'(

Betterdry and Rearz Inspire+InControl are plain white. Nothing "babyish" about them.

Also Down Underwear are a normal IC supplier. Littles Downunder (same business, but different website) supply the ABDL-type nappies.

my feelings are all tabbed briefs are nappies and are babyish( incl medical ones) it was hard enough to accpet years ago I had to wear pullups if that makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

also most if any from down under wont fit me as need larger or xl as well most plain ones are clothe backed

tomcat said:
my feelings are all tabbed briefs are nappies and are babyish
- - - Updated - - -
Truth is that's a mindset that a lot of us get into and it can sabotage being effective with supplies... with incontinence products you have to think of it like this... "What gives me the best fit and what do I have the least episodes with (leaks)?"

Yeah hence why I have issues even trying the samples I have currently :'( and currently only considering it now if Continence nurse runs out of ideas :'(

It helps to think this way, "It's not babyish to take responsibility for my actions and manage them to the best of my ability with the resources I have available"

Babies are dependent on others to take care of them, you are using a resource to manage your needs which is taking responsibility, that's not babyish anymore then someone eating messy food wearing a bib is when they don't want to mess up their clothes.

I hope you can come up for a solution that works best for you and wish you the best outcome with this.

*sigh*

The Betterdry and Rearz Inspire+InControl are plastic-backed. The Betterdry nappies only come in sizes M and L, and the Rearz you cam get in XL. I'm using the XL size, and they fit well! I can _just_ fit in the L size.

You will probably not find a plastc-backed pullup, so if you're looking for plastic-backed IC products that will take heavy wetting, nappies are probably it.

Back