Why are some people such jerks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I got to work today and just started working and then when I was doing one thing I got yelled at for not doing another, it's not because I'm being lazy or have an attitude.

I had literally started working and all of 5 minutes went by and instead of this guy doing it for me (it basically amounts to pressing a button and a quick test to make sure the rejected can has no major faults), he had to walk by me and ask "are you gonna do your *bleeping* job" ?

Because I'm not a confrontational person 99% of the time I just let it go, but I was doing my job (I just dont have Omnidirectional view) and this guy is just a lazy jerk that doesn't like helping other people, all the rest of my coworkers are good people that don't mind helping their coworkers, but this guy wants to do HIS JOB and only his job, if anybody is struggling he would rather watch them struggle and yell at them if they ever fail to do 1 thing.

I guess by some cruel rule of the universe every place of employment has to have a few capital A Aholes, and I happen to have 1 on my shift.

I mean literally everything else is pretty good about my job, especially the pay, I just wish some people wouldn't try to drag other people down with them and their bad attitudes.

Don't let this guy live in your head rent free. My guess is that while you're stewing at home after work about him, you don't register a second of thought on his mental radar.

To the hell with him, have a beer, and move on with your evening.

Illinoise said:
Don't let this guy live in your head rent free. My guess is that while you're stewing at home after work about him, you don't register a second of thought on his mental radar.

To the hell with him, have a beer, and move on with your evening.

I already have moved on, it's just that I hate when people are such jerks they would rather waste more time and energy to NOT help you, rather than to help you quickly.

I mean he literally could have helped for 30 seconds, instead of taking a minute or two to walk to me, yell at me, and then walk back to his area .

Also I'm on my final break, a short amount of work left and then home free XD.

I've had to work with A-holes like that for much of my life. There are good people in this world and there are terrible people. The thing is, he is his own worst enemy and he probably makes himself for more miserable than anyone else could.

dogboy said:
I've had to work with A-holes like that for much of my life. There are good people in this world and there are terrible people. The thing is, he is his own worst enemy and he probably makes himself for more miserable than anyone else could.

Not only that, but he got so mad I don't even have to be *that guy* that goes to the boss, someone else is going to the boss after the guy slammed the QC office door (the guy got mad I went to QC over issues he should have fixed on the machine he is responsible for and has to fix when it breaks down), quality control basically supersedes everyone else because if the product isn't up to the quality standards it has to be, it can't be run.

Basically I'm a Machine Operator that does a bunch of things to try to keep the lines running as much as possible, the guy that got POd is maintenance, so if quality goes down because a machine isn't running good he is supposed to fix it, not get mad and lash out at anybody (and basically everyone besides himself)

Also I don't think things are gonna go well for him as apparently they already had to switch him to a different schedule (the one he is on now) because they caught him sleeping on the job before, if he ends up getting fired it will be his fault for being such a Lazy HotHead, didn't fix the machine(s) he was supposed to, and then got so mad he was slamming doors.

Last edited:
It sounds like he has some big and serious issues. I think you're right, that it's just a matter of time before he's gone.

dogboy said:
It sounds like he has some big and serious issues. I think you're right, that it's just a matter of time before he's gone.

Well, he wasn't such a big AHole today, (probably) because he got talked to by several coworkers, or maybe a supervisor.

This place pays very well, you would think people would actually do their job and be nice enough to help their coworkers a little bit; thankfully most of them are nice people that will help if needed.

sometimes people have been pushed over that tipping point. I myself am a Major A-Hole regarding traffic and regular non-Comercial Class D drivers,i can get down right petty on simple driving mistakes but that also comes from years behind the wheel of semi trucks.

Now as far as A-hole co-workers go we have one Driver hired out of the local Union, this guy is unreal, ive never seen a more lazy, inconsiderate, stuck up, entitled prick in my life. if his Dispatch is not to his likeing every morning he goes through everyone elses and picks the easiest run and switches them, if he is not the first one back every day he storms in the office and screams at our supervisor, he refuses to bump a dock and load, doesn't even have any CDL endorsments other than Tanker, and then brags about how as a union employee he has the highst pay on the yard. he is te reason our employer Blacklisted all Union workers from applying once he is gone we will never have another union associated driver.

I used to deal with a guy at work who acted like he was boss. He would get mad at me for how I do my work and accuse me of not doing my job. One time he yelled at me for nothing cleaning the restrooms. I did clean them and he goes "Then why does it smell like urine?" and knowing full well he was being accusatory, I tell him "someone used it after I cleaned it" and because there was no cleanser in the toilet, that must have meant I must not cleaned it. Not everyone leaves it in there, I flush mine when I am done cleaning it. Another time he accused me of throwing soap dispensers in the recycling bin on my floor. I told him I never replace that stuff so I didn't do it. Then he asks me who did. I tell him I don't know because I am never there when it happens.

One time I find empty boxes so I stick them on the fright elevator, he didn't like that because the loading dock was on the other side of the elevator but I was in the middle of cleaning and I was going to do it later but he didn't like that. He had his own standards and expected me to follow his. He no longer works with us and he works day time now in a different building.

Most of the time people like that are being big loud arseholes because they're insecure about themselves / their job/skills/knowledge and it feels like reinforcing their position by pointing out anything they can pick out with anything/anyone else. Unless everyone in the workplace is down with foul-mouthed blunt-talking banter* then that sort of thing is unprofessional and he needs to be called out on it.

Or, you know, every time you pass the guy make extra effort to find at least two things wrong with HIS stuff.

* = A British blue-collar tradition of good-natured piss-taking and excessive swearing to cultivate a convivial atmosphere and reinforce learning by mercilessly mocking fuck-ups.

There were several people that told him he was being an @hole and I think a supervisor talked to him because he hasn't been so blatantly mean since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back