What techniques do you use to get the best out the diaper/nappy?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you fold it length ways and plump it up. What techniques do you use to get the best out the diaper/nappy?

I do. That and a booster I feel I get more bang for my buck.

I fold and crease lengthwise then fluff, and adjust my aim point throughout the day.

I've been able to maximize all my diapers by as others have said in the past stretch them out longs ways and fold them in half length wise, while putting them on I line the back of the diaper so the very top is across the small of my back, the rear top tapes will land about an inch bellow my navel.
When I bring the front of my diaper up I purposely hold the very top wings with my thumbs and index finger (the diaper still has a crease lengthwise) and I stretch the top of the diaper across me so both of my hands are by my sides (love handles if you have them) this creates a front fold over / pouch, the leak guards are parallel with each other from front to back but the top padding gets a overlap, I then take my top tapes and put them on tight, they end up being more frontal, I then take the bottom tapes (depending on the diaper size, because not all mediums are created equal and not all tapes are spaced exactly the same) so either the bottom tapes will get taped below the top tapes on the wing under the padding fold (it makes the diaper look like it only has one tape on either side) or the bottom tapes get put under the top tapes but on the actual diaper padding core itself. I'll post pics of this because its hard to explain, but crinklez diapers get the tapes under the padding on the wing, abu little paws get the over the top application. Using this tape method has created a pocket bulge that allows the padding to really expand and I can get way more use out of it, my family jewels also don't feel as confined which is nice, especially when moving around a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

C6051CA2-A6E7-492D-A2D7-8F28BDBA7D14.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

08B33C9A-0288-43A2-BEC8-E02BBF141EFF.jpg

Fixed 'em.

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpg

RMS401 said:
Fixed 'em.

Thank you, 1st time ever posting a pic here, surprised it even worked lol.

Happy to help, Pampers. :)

-RMS

I use a 36" square cloth diaper, fold it in half lengthwise and do a bikini twist between my legs. Then I add plastic pants. At night, I either double up or add a pre-fold baby diaper in the front. That gives me very good absorbency, and very few leaks.

If you want to get plenty of use out of a nappy, having a wee lying down at least once is a good way to make sure you use the full capacity of it, rather than just overfilling the front and middle as happens if you use it standing/sitting several times.

Gentle stretch, the vertical fold and lift the leak guards for me.

I do like to use a light dusting of cornstarch powder on the back waistband (elastic or not) for that nice smooth cool feeling and gentle scent.

After putting it on I always check none of the leg ruffles are tucked in or awkward and will double check the front is lined up with the back.

Depending on the diaper I will use booster(s) but for high capacity diapers i never need to.

I do the crease down the centerline.

I have trouble peeing while sitting or lying down. I have to stand up to get a good flow.

- - - Updated - - -

I crease the diaper length wise and stretch it out with my hands so the leak guards get popped up.

Back