Status
Not open for further replies.

ABDLsean

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hi Everyone,

So I recently received a pack of the mysterious cloth-feel Neva ocean print diapers, shipped from China. I've been looking around ADISC and Reddit for someone to do a review of them, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I'm not a master reviewer, but I hope this gives you some insight.

"So, my original plan was to see what people actually wanted from the review? Probably keep it quite simple.

I have 3 more samples and if I'm honest... I don't want to waste one doing a stress test. If I start off here on this post, I'll answer peoples question going forward. I believe I can add pictures to thread posts comments?

Anyway,

So about 3 months ago, I contacted the producers of this diaper who we all saw a post on Twitter, asking people for their details when they enquired where to buy. I spoke to them via email and I agreed to pay for five samples to be shipped from China to my address in the UK. The person I emailed, whose name I won’t use on this site, was incredibly pleasant. They offered great customer service, and from looking at the times of day they were replying to my emails it was obvious they are trying to reach out to people. (Naturally, at first, this sent alarm bells that it was a scam and they just wanted to part me with my money)

However, after an exchange of emails spanning approx. 5 days, I had specified that I wanted 5 samples of the cloth back NEVA diaper. These were sent and because we selected the cheapest shipping available, it took a smooth 6-7 weeks for them to be delivered (delivered by ship and then through the royal mail). I received my package in adequate condition.

upon opening, I realised that the first diaper was PLASTIC backed. ARGH! 2 months for the wrong type! but wait there's more... nah I'm kidding, they sent me a sample of the plastic backed diaper, and my original 5 cloth backed samples! This is really great because now I can try both. It's important to say that I didn't ask for the plastic back one and to compare to other distributors, who would give out free samples just to try??

Anyway, the diaper.

The NEVA cloth backed diaper is the closest diaper I have felt to 'the real thing'. It unfolds just like a cloth backed Huggies and rustles the same way. It has incredibly soft inner absorbent layers and really very strong legs guards. The tapes have a unique feature of simulating a single tape diaper but having two tabs. The length of material holding the tabs is perforated and we have the ability to separate the tabs if necessary (i assume to get better angles when taping up). The tapes are strong and stay put, and as they are Velcro - they have the ability of limitless adjustments.

https://imgur.com/a/S1tIB5z

On first impressions, it’s a pretty average size when folded. The print is very cute and prints well onto the surface of the diaper. The lines are clear and there aren't any obvious errors in the print. It doesn’t seem to differ in weight by much compared to other AB products.

As previously stated in other items online, the Velcro tabs are loud. They crinkle and rustle when the bend over or twist. I personally really like this, as I would say its only really noticeable to the wearer (it's not exactly a toddler undoing their Velcro shoes.) (extra questions on the tapes?)

The inner legs guards are strong and snug, the outer leg guards are soft and seem to be more for the outer look, they don't seem to offer much in the way of liquid control. the inner leg guards are enough to retain several wettings though. (Questions around legs guards? shoot away!) AHH, capacity!

So one thing I see many people talking about online in regards to this brand is the noted capacity against the actual capacity. As I've said previously, I only have a few samples to enjoy, so a stress test isn't on my list of to-dos’ until they become more widely available. However, saying this, I was able to do 3-4 wettings and not worry about leaks. Of course, this is based on MY bladder and is by no means an accurate number to make comparisons. However, to likeness it to another brand, I would say they rate closely to crinklz capacity on feel. The liquid soaks very quickly and the diaper swells nicely focusing closely in the region where the liquid makes first contact with the inner layers. I like to use plenty of powder when I get padded, so I didn't have a problem, but we did notice that there was the 'used nappy' smell after it was wet/used. In many diapers, an odour lock membrane is used, and we assumed that this had been missed on this diaper.

This diaper really impressed me. I have tried every single AB printed diaper currently on the accessible market. I have weaknesses for diapers that swell a little and have some nice sag, and ones that have higher waistlines. This diaper quickly checks off that aesthetic that I think of as 'classic nappy feel'. (Naturally - This feel will be different for generations that differ with time.) It made me regress very quickly and felt great to wear. To compare it to some of my recent favourites, It's like a magnifico, cloth cushie and Huggies size 8 mixed into a new version. The sizing is slightly aimed at the smaller waistline. I have a 34-36" waist with a height of 6 feet+ and ordered a medium - I would potentially order a large next time depending.
It would be really nice to see the manufactures add an odour layer, this would move it to my new favourite brand. As someone born in the 90's and seeing how baby diapers are manufactured nowadays, cloth backing is something I would like to see more of.

That's it for now from me. If you have questions relating to the NEVA then please do ask.

S xx

Edit: I've further contacted the seller who has sent me some more information.

The stated capacity for this diaper is 4500ml.

That's for both the cloth and the plastic backed diaper.
Personally, I would agree with this number, compared to market peers."

Edit 2!
I weight tested one sample by using it and recording the number of times I wet the diaper.
It took 3 good wettings, an increase in weight by approximately 1.7kg. If we assume water has a 1:1 ratio with grams, 1700ml was deposited before leaking.

An important note is that this was in the medium size category and I have a 35" waist.

The medium sample is rated as starting at 200g and holding 4500ml maximum capacity.

By holding 1700ml, this fits in with the average 'actual use capacity'

On the listings, there seems to only be a size medium and large, no smalls.

The large is rated at 220g starting weight, with the same capacity of 4500ml.

This diaper fits slightly smaller than the average sizings of its peers.

Last edited:
Hi S,

First off of course we want a review :)

Are you thinking of an advanced review ADISC review https://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/53-Diaper-Reviews or a free form review?

You know what else we want? A nice intro thread from you sharing whatever you feel comfy telling us about you https://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/3-Greetings-Introductions and we are very pleased you have gone from lurker to active member.

I think the last thread was this one (?) https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/115886-New-diaper-brand!

Agreed! A more educated diaper buyer is a better diaper buyer. :)

-RMS

- "edit" See thread topic.

Last edited:
pictures would be nice

If I'm not mistaken, new users can't post pictures right away.

Thanks for the review. If you still have a sample, consider weighing it before and after. That way, we'll know approximately how much urine it held comfortably for you.

-Ieyasu

Ill do this the next time I wear one. Looking like it'll be later this week. Thanks for your input!

So I tried to add images I took this evening to this thread, but for some reason I am unable to. I've sent some messages to mods but we'll see what happens.

Good to know these things are still floating around. The design is pretty dope, so I'm hoping that they start becoming more mainstream in the near future.

Hmm, this might be the product that changes my opinion on cloth backed products, I've always been a poly back kind of guy but these look cool, I'd do a mixed case of both to form a opinion, I wonder if there are any main stream sellers in the US.

pampers4U said:
Hmm, this might be the product that changes my opinion on cloth backed products, I've always been a poly back kind of guy but these look cool, I'd do a mixed case of both to form a opinion, I wonder if there are any main stream sellers in the US.

I completely agree! I disliked cloths originally because they fray and didn't have the crinkle factor. These are a very nice addition to the current selection we have.

I'm not saying this brand will be that cloth version we are looking for, but with the Velcro tabs and nice pastel-y design, they are hitting very close to what people are asking for.

ABDLsean said:
So I tried to add images I took this evening to this thread, but for some reason I am unable to. I've sent some messages to mods but we'll see what happens.

There are a few hidden catches to posting images or uploading them to the gallery

- not all image types are supported - suggest you use jpeg
- large file sizes are not supported - keep files under 300k
you can get around both of these limits by just providing the url to the image. it won't show up as a preview/thumbnail though

You can upload an image to your gallery, then copy the url to the image itself (which will NOT end in .jpeg etc but that's ok in this specific case) and then click the image attach here in a post. (right click and copy URL) Then select to attach from url. UNcheck "retrieve file". Normally if you don't check this, the preview thumbnail won't work, but when linking a gallery picture it's required, and it will show the thumbnail.

If the only image you can find online is too large, you will have to download it to your computer, resize it, upload to your gallery, and link to that. There's no other way around that problem.

You also need to resize your own images down below 300k or so before uploading them from your computer.

You cannot link to an image whose URL doesn't end in a supported image extension like .JPEG. You'll have to find it somewhere else or download and upload it. (links to your gallery images here are the only exception to this rule)

Thanks for this help Bambinod,

I linked an Imgur link in the OT, Does it work? (link again below)

imgur.com/a/S1tIB5z

yep those pics look great, thanks

Thanks S, they do look great.

The bendy pattern reminds me of Fabines, does the fit of them / shape remind you of any specific diaper already on the market?

Thanks for your question,

I would say that they fit similarly to tykables, but they sit higher in the waist then tykables. They have a nice relaxed feel, similar to magnificos (velcro fastening), but not as thick in the padding.

Also, for those who have used cloth before, they don't seem to 'leak' odour for the backing *cheers*

Wonder if anyone (ABU) is going to pick them up (ABU) and sell them into the western market (ABU)?

Based on this sample, I really hope they do.
I've been wearing for the past 6 years, like many other consumers, many people are looking for diapers to go a certain way in term of authenticity. To me, this is that direction.
From the sales figures that the company has shared, it seems that production costs are way under the cost of most mass-produced current AB products. I feel with the magnifico out for bambino, ABU could use a good cloth counter part.

Are the sides stretchy? Or are they just cloth?

(Couldnt edit that last comment for some reason?)

The diaper doesnt have a lot of stretch in it at all to be honest. It would be good to see some elastic at the front and back for fit. Ofcourse the the leg cuffs have elastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back