Baby Mobile

BabyBoyRyan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I was having trouble sleeping last night (brain wouldn't turn off) and around 5am I suddenly thought, do baby mobiles work for adults?

You know the things that get put over the crib/cot, they spin around and play music (I've always heard of them as mobiles).

Just had me wondering if they work for adults (and adult babies) to help them get to sleep?

I find they do, mine is very soothing and I sleep very well with it playing. I don't have a crib, so I attach it to my side table.
Sometimes I will just listen to lalibies on my mobile.
Makes sleeping so nice and comforting.

I'd assume they do and it's not unheard of for ABs to use them along with their cribs.

I've wanted a mobile for quite some time, but living in apartments can be tricky. I find that while conversations are pretty contained, the walls in my apartment are thick concrete, lots of privacy, but music whether faint or super loud carries down the hallways pretty easily. If I had a mobile, a faint, chiming lullaby would echo through the halls and in an apartment that's no children or animals aloud, I would say that would raise the suspicions of my super-intendant pretty quickly.

However, when I have a house of my own, I'll definitely get one either for my crib or just for my headboard, you can attach them to a standard headboard you know :)

I think they are lovely, I would enjoy the sweet music and it would be nice to bat or reach for the cute objects dangling and swirling above my head when I regress :eek:

I don't have one that hangs above, but I have a LOT of musical plushies. Like...a lot. Usually they're baby toys.

I do have a few things that hang from the ceiling in my other room. One is a hot air balloon with little plushies inside peeking out. I found it at a thrift shop and they had like...no idea what it was. (It was shoved in with the stuffed animals. LOL) I also have two custom-crafted airplanes I want to hang up in there. One is a little monoplane (kind of like a Cessna, really.) And the other was made by the same man when he asked me for a challenge...it's the Red Baron's triplane. :3 I have to get some special wire and hooks to hang them securely, though. They wouldn't survive a fall or rough handling.

I also have another mobile of tin hot air balloons that is going to go up in there.

I really want to paint the ceiling like a sky, but it's got that silly spray-on 'popcorn' stuff. :p Maybe some day I'll get saucy and scrape off a bunch of it. Leave some to make the clouds 'fluffy' and scrape the rest off.

Sorry, threadjacking. D:

Gonna have to find a way have some lullabies on when I go to bed, don't want to use headphones and don't want it on speaker (don't live alone, unfortunately), I'm sure I'll find a way and YouTube will have to suffice in place of a real mobile:(

Not really threadjacking Woozle, well I don't see it that way :)

Not sure if they still make any, years ago I had speakers that were made to go under the pillow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sometimes will have an over active brain at night. I have a small stereo system in my bedroom and I'll play something soft and relaxing like new-age, new-age guitar, etc. I'm usually asleep by the third song.

I don't really want a mobile but I do really want a soother. I have a pink fisher price soothe & glow seahorse but I want one of the strap on style ones. Either the Baby Einstein Sea Dreams soother or Fisher-Price Calming Seas Projection Soother.

123.jpg 124.jpg

Back