why is this so expensive?

kraken98

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
They want 250$ for this when you could easily get them for like 20$/pack a year ago? I find this ridiculous, you can literally just "FLIP" products and make a fortune if it sold. Fortunately nobody will probably buy at such INSANE prices...

What exactly is the reason for certain disposable products to be so expensive?! Its not GOLD and its not even like a car where you can just show it off or upgrade.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNOPENED-2...h=item41efe72376:g:c3MAAOSwKDpbuRTv:rk:2:pf:0

Unfortunately that is eBay for you, anything that is no longer made someone will TRY to make a fortune, they may not always succeed but they really try.

Wow, they want a lot of money for that. Almost like
they made diapers for rich people!
That's why I don't like eBay. I wanted DragonQuest 9
for my 3DS and it was 120$! Ridiculous! :wallbash:

That’s for 1 diaper LOL.

I have several medium sized left of Tena Slip Maxi I picked up in Europe 10 odd years ago (made in Europe too) and was considering using them as part of my stock clean up but now should I sell them to fund my next sword purchase?

MajesticHamster said:
Wow, they want a lot of money for that. Almost like
they made diapers for rich people!
That's why I don't like eBay. I wanted DragonQuest 9
for my 3DS and it was 120$! Ridiculous! :wallbash:

eBay is wonderful for the most part(I buy booster boxes of DBS cards for way less than card shops sell them for), but there are some people that use it to try selling things at an absurd price, hoping the buyer either wants the item that badly or doesn't know there are better deals elsewhere.

Unfortunately eBay is probably the last place to look for Diaper deals, simply because of fearful buyers that are paying a premium for discretion.

And I had DQ9 for the DS before (they never made a 3D version), I couldn't even beat the game because of the stupid "character creation" feature which wouldn't even connect to my internet because of the wrong type of router; whereas most DQ games you recruit pre-made characters.

I have a couple bags and I'm willing to let them go for the low, low price of $249.99 each. Can't beat that, apparently.

Trevor said:
I have a couple bags and I'm willing to let them go for the low, low price of $249.99 each. Can't beat that, apparently.

Bags of what??? 1000 bills ? then SOLD LOL Kidding on that of course! LOL

I guess I should have bought a whole warehouse full of 'em while they were cheap. But then again, we always find out the winning lottery numbers eventually, after the fact. LOL

I don't mind sellers to make a profit, but gouging insane prices is horrible IMHO.

Dame. You get a free diaper change with that pack.

BabyTyrant said:
Unfortunately that is eBay for you, anything that is no longer made someone will TRY to make a fortune, they may not always succeed but they really try.

It's an auction house - people list things for whatever they think they can get for them. Either they find someone willing to pay the asking price, or it goes unsold and costs them a little bit in a listing fee. From there they can relist it at the same price, or lower it a little. The last time I sold on ebay the rule was that you could relist at a lower starting or reserve for a lower fee (or was it free?) but if you wanted to relist at the same price, they charged you another listing fee. This was to encourage you to relist at a lower price that was more likely to sell.

So someone that keeps relisting something at the same price that's not selling is just paying a little money over time in the hopes that someone comes along eventually that's willing to pay the asking price.

12srepaid said:
I don't mind sellers to make a profit, but gouging insane prices is horrible IMHO.

That is greed for you, some people are just way too greedy, like all the people trying to sell games above reasonable prices, if you want 30 for something and its selling for 20, you probably aren't getting 30.

What I hate though is sometimes there are so many people selling something and everyone is trying to be the cheapest so it's a race to the bottom, I don't get how it's even worth it unless you can sell everything for a specific minimum cost.

I mean I get that eBay eats a lot of money in fees and shipping, but some people take trying to make a buck to either extreme and it's just silly.

Charge a kings ransom on one side of the face and on the other give away shipping I just shake my head .....

bambinod said:
It's an auction house - people list things for whatever they think they can get for them. Either they find someone willing to pay the asking price, or it goes unsold and costs them a little bit in a listing fee. From there they can relist it at the same price, or lower it a little. The last time I sold on ebay the rule was that you could relist at a lower starting or reserve for a lower fee (or was it free?) but if you wanted to relist at the same price, they charged you another listing fee. This was to encourage you to relist at a lower price that was more likely to sell.

So someone that keeps relisting something at the same price that's not selling is just paying a little money over time in the hopes that someone comes along eventually that's willing to pay the asking price.

Last I knew they don't charge on unsold listings, but whatever you sell in a month you will pay eBay 10%, and anything going through PayPal will costs 3.5%, and then you have shipping (which could cost as much or more than eBay and PayPal fees combined), I really don't get people selling cheap items, you would have to sell millions of them to make any kind of money, and you will lose a lot of the money in fees and shipping.

For the most part I try to avoid eBay like the plague though as I'm always scared of running into "customers" that dont really want to buy anything, these people are just looking to abuse the system and get things for free.

It is a major drain on time, energy, and can also end up being a waste of money and it is just a nightmare to deal with these people, so I can understand wanting to make more money on your sales, but you also have to be realistic.

I have never sold Diapers on eBay, never tried it and wouldn't want to risk it, but I don't mind selling on these kinds of websites (I have never sold on here, but I have on DailyDiapers before), I totally understand wanting discretion and always ship discreet, no blatant "DISPOSABLE ADULT DIAPERS" plastered on the top, bottom, or sides of the package (as I have heard of on some packages from certain sellers, I dont remember which ones, but I'm glad I've never had that kind of an experience), and I'm not gonna try charging people insane money either.

I only wonder if those same people are hoarding packs of abdl diapers so that 20 years from now, they could post on ebay "Vintage 2018 LittlePawz diapers only $999.99 per 10 pack!"

SorcerorElf said:
I only wonder if those same people are hoarding packs of abdl diapers so that 20 years from now, they could post on ebay "Vintage 2018 LittlePawz diapers only $999.99 per 10 pack!"

Maybe they are trying to find what is going to be the next "Barney Luvs", I have seen packages of those on eBay for Hundreds (which they apparently sell for if they are size 6 I believe it was?).

And I get wanting to collect rare things, but when it's like 200-$250 (or w/e current selling price is) and you cant do anything but keep it stored and just have it sit and sit and sit (until somebody else comes along and does something with it after you die in the future)

Hmmm sounds like I should store my final pack of plastic backed Abenas Xplus M4's away instead of using. :cool:

What I think is needed is a diaper museum.... everything behind non reflective glass and environmentally controlled for all of us to see and reference.

We could have an example of each folded, unfolded (with measurements) and maybe one deconstructed and tested for maximum capacity for the materials, pertinent details on piece count per pack/carton, years available and countries available in.

They do the same thing with everything. I am always especially entertained by the people who go order a case of some kind of toy or other and then post it as "RARE! HARD-TO-FIND!" and if you walk into any Walmart or Target there's fifty of them just chilling there.

But it's also about knowing what you are looking for. You need to be educated about what you're searching for as a collector. IE: What is actually 'rare' because it was made at the tail-end of the production run and no one bought the item/they were destroyed and what is completely common. I bought three boxes of action figures from a cartoon series from Scotland because it had a bunch of the tiny accessories and vehicles that are usually busted up. The lady selling was surprised that I went and bought all of them when I didn't even live in Scotland. XD I explained that I was collecting them and even the broken ones were useful to me (some of the figures were broken, it was fine. I might eventually use them as customs.)

But the thing was, I KNEW what each thing was, what it's estimated worth was, and determined that the high cost of shipping would be worth the convenience of getting all of the stuff together instead of trying to pick it up piecemeal.

i bet anything this is some conman out there and that these are still made i was at one time looking for a sample of the old attends from P&G days and i was sure i found them and the sample came and was no way near what i recall them being

Back