Northshore new product November! :DDD

Slomo said:
Just following up with additional testing. For shoots and grins on saturday I did try angling the lower taps up to the landing zone. I found this gave almost no seal around my legs, and after about 4 hours experienced a leak around my legs. I repositioned the tapes back to where they should be- fully below the landing zone- and was able to keep wearing it for another 4 hours before the shell ripped again and leaked. So definitely confirmed, the landing zone needs to be extended lower by about 2 full inches and/or the shell needs to be strengthened.

Saturday night I changed out early and put another dry one on before going to bed. It too leaked over the top, but only a very minor amount. More padding/sap is a definite must here.

Yesterday (sunday) I also went to the fair. I opted to add a booster since I knew I'd be in the same diaper for quite a while. This turned out to be a wise choice since my fair ended up also having a wine tasting event. I spent about 6 hours walking around, drinking wine, then walking abound more. The diaper and booster were soaked, but with about 4" of the back of the diaper still dry when I got home and changed. It had not leaked (but would have had I not used a booster). The diaper help up quite well, and had no clumping or sagging.

I then wore another mega max to bed last night. This morning it was soaked and felt like it was on the verge of leaking on me, but finally did manage to hold. Overall it isn't quite trustworthy for me to use as a side sleeper overnight diaper, but does make a great daytime diaper. I really look forward to seeing enough improvements for it to be sold as currenty described (or until then use truth in advertising and don't call it a side sleepers diaper).

I'm sorry these don't quite work out for you as planned. We are extending the landing zone out to the edges on Medium and Large, but can't currently extend it lower on the diaper due to machine limitations. It will be something we work on but there is not easy fix.

We do have many side sleepers that have let us know that MegaMax worked out great for them as a nighttime solution. We don't guarantee that MegaMax will work for all side sleepers just like we don't guarantee that everyone within a size range will fit perfectly without any leaks. They are recommendations to aid in product selection. We are very generous with giving out free samples so that people can test out the fit before they have to purchase.

NorthShoreAdam said:
I'm sorry these don't quite work out for you as planned. We are extending the landing zone out to the edges on Medium and Large, but can't currently extend it lower on the diaper due to machine limitations. It will be something we work on but there is not easy fix.

We do have many side sleepers that have let us know that MegaMax worked out great for them as a nighttime solution. We don't guarantee that MegaMax will work for all side sleepers just like we don't guarantee that everyone within a size range will fit perfectly without any leaks. They are recommendations to aid in product selection. We are very generous with giving out free samples so that people can test out the fit before they have to purchase.

Thanks for the reply. I can understand the machine limitations problem and hope you can work it out. I do prefer testing a full bag at a time though, as I find just one or two diapers is ok for determining basic fit, but just isn't enough to test them under enough varying conditions for capacity, durability, trustworthiness, etc.

These diapers do fit me well, but just don't work well enough overnight. It's good to hear they work for others though. Even if it fails for 10% of us, that's still a 90% sucessful "A- grade". It's just frustrating I have yet to find a well performing diaper like how Crinklz was when they were originally brought to the US (before they got cheapened up). And true, I did have my hopes up with the mega max which just made it more dissapointing for me. Oh well, maybe next time.

I just received a pair of completely unsolicited samples, a small and a medium. Aside from the whole unsolicited bit (they arrived while I was traveling for work and my parents were watching the house / collecting my mail for me), these seem to be one of the better better attempts at taking capacity to a ridiculous level. They remind me a lot of the old dry 24/7s, especially in the fact that the sizing runs large. I'm one of those people who tends to be in between small and medium sizes, so it was nice to find that the small seems to run a bit bigger than most.

I'll say that I love the tapes and hope they don't change. The performance is fantastic and the plastic is wonderful. It reminds me of something but I can't place it. The NorthShore logo is actually pretty nice, obtrusive but nice. I like the color and size. It would be pretty neat if it could go in the back like a "tag".

Llayden said:
I'll say that I love the tapes and hope they don't change. The performance is fantastic and the plastic is wonderful. It reminds me of something but I can't place it. The NorthShore logo is actually pretty nice, obtrusive but nice. I like the color and size. It would be pretty neat if it could go in the back like a "tag".

It's a great idea which I'll keep thinking how we could do it...

For now, any printing on plastic backsheet, even if on the inside, needs to be on the full length. The backsheets are on very long rolls and it's not easy to determine where exactly on the roll the diaper will be cut.

Rather than printing the backsheet, why not just print the sides of the landing panel?

jaredmartin said:
Rather than printing the backsheet, why not just print the sides of the landing panel?

You can see the printing through the clear landing zone. Effect is the same, no? That wouldn't help trying to get printing inside to look like a tag in rear of brief. Also, we did want some light branding on the outside that shows while wearing as well and doesn't get covered up in use.

jaredmartin said:

printing on the shell and then covering it with the tape panel prevents ink transfer, as some diapers are currently having a problem with

Heh. I need these for my adult day program for special needs. Because I have to wear them for medical uses. Should these hold in leaks and prevent an ibs attack? :O I'd kill to have these. :D

I had a sample come in with my order of betterdrys and gotta say that I was pleasantly surprised. Super impressed by the material in the leakguards. They're plenty tall and made of material that reminds me more of a tarp than a dryer sheet like other brands. The presence of a landing zone made me hesitant as that usually means the bottom tape is higher up than betterdry, which in turn usually results in an odd fit with my proportions and the position of my hips, but the 2 seams of elastic running up the back of the diaper makes it so I don't have a gap in my protection where my legs meet my butt. This was a huge relief to see as I've gone into panic attacks over diapers that I didn't feel adequately protected from mess leaks. They held a lot of urine but I wasn't able to test them for messes because the timing never worked out for it.

Only thing I would ding it for was that I didn't really like the blatant advertising on the sides. But it did make the diaper look unique so that might be useful for making sure you don't accidentally choose it from a stack of mixed diapers, since these do cost a fair bit more and you might want to be saving these for certain occasions. I'll still have to test more of them in additional use cases before I solidify a verdict in my mind, but I do plan on buying a pack or two soon as they are definitely worth further testing.

Can anyone compare these to a standard Bambino or BetterDry/Crinklz?

BetterDry has become my go-to diaper but I'm low and deciding if I should order a case and go for it - or just ask for a sample in my next BetterDry case.

AbriForm said:

BetterDry has become my go-to diaper but I'm low and deciding if I should order a case and go for it - or just ask for a sample in my next BetterDry case.

Betterdry only have two real drawbacks - they're not as wide in the crotch (making their leak guards closer together also) and the leak guard elastic can sometimes come out of the top of the curtain. (some people also have issues with the tapes) I haven't had any of these issues with the mega, I don't see anything they can do to improve performance. (although considering the crotch width, and how much they swell, probably not such a good idea for daytime active wear)

Bambino have a more common wide crotch, very similar to mega, and their construction is VERY similar, but bambino's padding is much lower capacity. Sizing is about the same so you should be safe to order your usual bambino size without needing to get a sample first. (crinklz size is pretty similar also) Mega are really twice the diaper that bambino is. (tapes are much better also, they don't pull off the back, and they don't pop)

If you still want to "sample" first, get a bag, not one or two diapers.

Veren said:
Heh. I need these for my adult day program for special needs. Because I have to wear them for medical uses. Should these hold in leaks and prevent an ibs attack? :O I'd kill to have these. :D

I don't believe any diaper is capable of preventing an ibs attack. That would be interesting if they could though.

- - - Updated - - -

AbriForm said:

I already have, in several topics including this one. In short, mega max does NOT absorb as much as betterdry/crinklz. Crinklz will leak on me overnight by a little bit about 1-2 times per week. Mega max will leak 3-4 times per week, and usually leave a bigger wet spot.

Samples are always a good idea though. Verify it for yourself.

I want to order some of these, but I am worried about their kind of weird sizing. I feel like i have a weird body shape and sit between medium and large. Abena L4 fit me OKAY but medium diapers are nice and secure but the tape coverage isn't where I want it to be. Do you think mediums or large will be a better bet? I'm just scared cause that range up to 54" seems rather large and i'm scared these will be too big and loose around the butt where most large diapers are loose on me.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

tappedland said:
I want to order some of these, but I am worried about their kind of weird sizing. I feel like i have a weird body shape and sit between medium and large. Abena L4 fit me OKAY but medium diapers are nice and secure but the tape coverage isn't where I want it to be. Do you think mediums or large will be a better bet? I'm just scared cause that range up to 54" seems rather large and i'm scared these will be too big and loose around the butt where most large diapers are loose on me.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I personally found the mega max diapers fit just a little on the small side. I have a 38" waist and I'm normally right in the middle of fitting into larges. These felt like they were almost too tight, but were still a good fit none the less. Generally speaking though, when you are in between sizes it is better to go with that larger size. More so though, when you're not sure about getting the right fit, order samples to make sure for yourself.

I’ve been trying these out for the past week now and I have to say I’m in love with them! The plastic backing is so soft and smooth, and it swells much when wet! They hold so much I can’t get one soaked front to back no matter how much I drink. I did have one leak last night pretty bad when I had a heavy bed wetting episode but I think that was mostly just due to poor taping on my part. I was also using a sample of a size large that came with my order that fit a little looser on me than the mediums. The mediums fit very well on me. I have a size 36 waist and I’m usually a large in other diapers, but find that the mediums in these fit better. Snug but not super tight. Overall, a fantastic diaper. Hoping to buy more of these in the future

Slomo said:
I personally found the mega max diapers fit just a little on the small side. I have a 38" waist and I'm normally right in the middle of fitting into larges. These felt like they were almost too tight, but were still a good fit none the less. Generally speaking though, when you are in between sizes it is better to go with that larger size. More so though, when you're not sure about getting the right fit, order samples to make sure for yourself.

I think I'm just going to opt for a size large. Do you have any thoughts as to what ways the diaper is almost too tight for you? where was it the most uncomfortable? I'm trying to not order samples because I'm going to do fedex pickup and I don't want to be driving back and forth to the shipping center too many times.

tappedland said:
I think I'm just going to opt for a size large. Do you have any thoughts as to what ways the diaper is almost too tight for you? where was it the most uncomfortable? I'm trying to not order samples because I'm going to do fedex pickup and I don't want to be driving back and forth to the shipping center too many times.

Depending on manfacturer, the cut and shap of the diaper can feel either tight or loose in the critch and buttox area. This is even when the legs and waist are still only tapped on snug, never tight. With the mexa max, they just felt tighter in general. This generally tighter fit was also kind of confirmed because the shell would keep ripping open on me after about 12-14 hours of wearing them. That never happens to me with Betterdry, Northshore supreme, or Confidry24/7, of which all feel lile they leave enough expansion room in the crotch and buttox areas.

Also, the mexa max diapers did not extend all the way up to my waist line as they should have. They just have a lower rise cut, and even the padding in the front doesn't extend up quite as high as other diapers. And these issues are a big no-no's for side sleeper diapers too.

Overall though, the larges do still fit my 38" waist- though just barely. They were never uncomfortable either (unless they leaked), and as mentioned do still function quite well during the day, and don't swell up all too much either so they are easily concealable.

On a side note, why not use Northsore's new hold at location service. That way you won't have to make as far of a trip to the distribution center?

Slomo said:
Depending on manfacturer, the cut and shap of the diaper can feel either tight or loose in the critch and buttox area. This is even when the legs and waist are still only tapped on snug, never tight. With the mexa max, they just felt tighter in general. This generally tighter fit was also kind of confirmed because the shell would keep ripping open on me after about 12-14 hours of wearing them. That never happens to me with Betterdry, Northshore supreme, or Confidry24/7, of which all feel lile they leave enough expansion room in the crotch and buttox areas.

Also, the mexa max diapers did not extend all the way up to my waist line as they should have. They just have a lower rise cut, and even the padding in the front doesn't extend up quite as high as other diapers. And these issues are a big no-no's for side sleeper diapers too.

Overall though, the larges do still fit my 38" waist- though just barely. They were never uncomfortable either (unless they leaked), and as mentioned do still function quite well during the day, and don't swell up all too much either so they are easily concealable.

On a side note, why not use Northsore's new hold at location service. That way you won't have to make as far of a trip to the distribution center?

This is rather unusual that 38" waist is snug and low-rise in size large. This will vary greatly by body shape and size, especially for larger hips and thighs. We've had many that fit just fine in size large with waist of 50 inches. There's plenty of material, but it often depends on getting the lower tapes to secure over the hips/thighs.

NorthShoreAdam said:
This is rather unusual that 38" waist is snug and low-rise in size large. This will vary greatly by body shape and size, especially for larger hips and thighs. We've had many that fit just fine in size large with waist of 50 inches. There's plenty of material, but it often depends on getting the lower tapes to secure over the hips/thighs.

Adam, the overall fit of the diaper is just fine. The waist and legs are snug as they should be, and there is enough overlap on the wings that I'm sure they could easily acommodate another 5" of waist line. What I'm referring to is the amount of expansion room within the middle of the diaper itself. Most other brands I like are never tight across the entire shell and will not feel compressed or tight acrocc bith the front and back unless really saturated all the war through, but the mega max diapers feel like that even right after putting them on dry. It's just how the diaper is cut and how it conforms to one's body.

As for the rise, stretch it out and lay it over a betterdry that's also stretched out. Kine up the back for both, and you'll see the mega max shell and padding are both shorter at the front by a noticable amount.

Back