Northshore new product November! :DDD

The tapes are amazing and by far the best I've seen, so I vote not to change those. My case of larges came in a box with a gap on top that exposed white diapers, which someone might not recognize but also the packing slip had shifted in a way that you could read what was in the box, so minus 1 point for discrete. I'm going to assume you're getting boxes that fit better and just went with what you had on hand. They feel great and work well. I've not been able to convince myself to remove my usual set of boosters for night wear, so I don't know if I'm missing out on not needing them. I like that they are thinner and expect they will be my go to for daytime wear when I know I'm getting into a situation that my bladder can't cope with. Really like this product so far.

PaddedInPuyallup said:
Hey Northshore Adam, I’m sure you’ve already answered this question before, but are you actually ABDL or are you here just for informational purposes. I’m just legitly curious and am okay with it either way.

I'm not ABDL personally. Just trying to make better products for more and more people and trying to better understand ABDL community as part of my efforts to reduce stigma for all diaper wearers weather by need or by choice or both. If successful, we'll have helped a lot of people and helped our business. It's only a loss for people that prefer to put others down to make themselves feel better about themselves.

It's a process. Healthcare community has been taught that it's disrespectful to even use the word "diapers" for anyone except babies (under age 3). My view is that refusing to call them diapers just adds to the stigma for diaper wearers. The packages may say briefs or underwear, but everyone knows it's diapers that they're putting on. I think just admitting that people of all ages wear "diapers", using that word, is the first necessary step for us to get to the point where there is no shame or stigma with wearing them. What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Vinylfeet said:
The tapes are amazing and by far the best I've seen, so I vote not to change those. My case of larges came in a box with a gap on top that exposed white diapers, which someone might not recognize but also the packing slip had shifted in a way that you could read what was in the box, so minus 1 point for discrete. I'm going to assume you're getting boxes that fit better and just went with what you had on hand. They feel great and work well. I've not been able to convince myself to remove my usual set of boosters for night wear, so I don't know if I'm missing out on not needing them. I like that they are thinner and expect they will be my go to for daytime wear when I know I'm getting into a situation that my bladder can't cope with. Really like this product so far.

Sorry about the tape issue. That shoudn't happen for sure. Please try them without the booster. I hate to lose sales of booster pads, but the point of buying an expensive product like MegaMax is that boosters shouldn't be needed except in rare cases for people pumping tons of fluid through their system for medical necessity.

Got more updates from him, he claims he got a staggering 7 hours out of them (being diabetic he generally is lucky to get 3-4 out) he weighed one of them and it came out to weigh 61,000 mls

I think I've only seen a front tape panel split once or twice in my entire padded experience, I'd call that extremely uncommon. Usually a tape pops (NOT going to happen with a mega!) or the tape pulls off the back or breaks. These tapes seem to be really tough so maybe the front panel was just the weakest link when someone had their diaper taped way too tight? ;)

FYI Mega tapes are 2" wide, the average tape is 1.5" wide. I really like them. Some diapers I wear have much narrower tapes (1.25" is somewhat common) and those have issues from time to time, popping or breaking.

I’ve seen several mentions of the size comparison between MegaMax, ABU Ultra and MyDiaper, and that they are identical but labeled a size larger/smaller. Here is what is listed for the sizes for the three:

MegaMax:
S 24-34”
M 32-44”
L 42-54”

ABU Ultra:
M 31-36”
L 37-42”
XL 43-48”

MyDiaper:
M 28-36”
L 36-48”
XL 42-52”

So, the listed sizes are not the same ranges. MegaMax overlap into the size above it when compared to the others, but it doesn’t seem to me it’s just a difference in “labeling” (S is same as M, etc). So, do the companies use different measurement ranges for the same dimensions or do they just have actual differences in ranges (and dimensions) as appears above.

NorthShoreAdam said:
I'm not ABDL personally. Just trying to make better products for more and more people and trying to better understand ABDL community as part of my efforts to reduce stigma for all diaper wearers weather by need or by choice or both. If successful, we'll have helped a lot of people and helped our business. It's only a loss for people that prefer to put others down to make themselves feel better about themselves.

It's a process. Healthcare community has been taught that it's disrespectful to even use the word "diapers" for anyone except babies (under age 3). My view is that refusing to call them diapers just adds to the stigma for diaper wearers. The packages may say briefs or underwear, but everyone knows it's diapers that they're putting on. I think just admitting that people of all ages wear "diapers", using that word, is the first necessary step for us to get to the point where there is no shame or stigma with wearing them. What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the tape issue. That shoudn't happen for sure. Please try them without the booster. I hate to lose sales of booster pads, but the point of buying an expensive product like MegaMax is that boosters shouldn't be needed except in rare cases for people pumping tons of fluid through their system for medical necessity.

I couldn't agree more about the stigma. Yes they are diapers, and obviously yes there are plenty of adults with all kinds of reasons who need actual diapers. Overcoming any stigma always starts with openly acknowledging it. I personally will correct any healthcare worker on the difference and necessity of not calling them pads or briefs (which are a totally different products). It's a diaper, so call it what it is.

An interesting story happened to me over this exact naming problem once too. I wore a diaper to a surgery, and had a doctor who wanted to remove it in the OR (it was a long surgery). Though he did tell a nurse I would need "pads" again after a surgery. When I woke up I literally had nothing but a bed pad under me.

It turned out I had a high rate IV drip while in surgery and still in recovery too, and immediately began emptying my full bladder in a flood. I complained to the nurse and said I needed a diaper. She relied, "ok I'll get you a new pad". And sure enough she came back with another bed pad. I complained and tried to correct her, so she left to get something else. And wouldn't you believe she came back with the thinnest pullup I've ever seen. Ugh, right.

Well I didn't have much choice to put that on, but complained again, and corrrected her yet again. I was urge incontinent, and needed an actual diaper that can handle my floodings. She said the doctor only said I needed pads so that pullup was most she was allowed to give me so it would hust have to work. And to prove her wrong my bladder completely emptied itself again not even 5 minutes later. The pullup did almost nothing, and the bed pad wasn't positioned well enough so I leaked all over the bed and onto the floor.

Low and behold the doctor came in to check on me as the nurse went to get some cleaning supplies. I complained to him the difference between a pad like he called it, and an actual diaper like I said I needed. And oh boy I was irate in making that point. Thankfully he relented and made sure to get me the dest diapers the hospital could get (which was Abena none the less).

So yeah, ever since that incident I've had good reason to correct anyone who would use improper terminology for a diaper simply because of the stigma associated with them. That's no excuse, and it causes more confusion and hassle than anything.

tomviper000 said:
I’ve seen several mentions of the size comparison between MegaMax, ABU Ultra and MyDiaper, and that they are identical but labeled a size larger/smaller. Here is what is listed for the sizes for the three:

MegaMax:
S 24-34”
M 32-44”
L 42-54”

ABU Ultra:
M 31-36”
L 37-42”
XL 43-48”

MyDiaper:
M 28-36”
L 36-48”
XL 42-52”

So, the listed sizes are not the same ranges. MegaMax overlap into the size above it when compared to the others, but it doesn’t seem to me it’s just a difference in “labeling” (S is same as M, etc). So, do the companies use different measurement ranges for the same dimensions or do they just have actual differences in ranges (and dimensions) as appears above.

FYI the stated sizes on the package is entirely at the whim of the packager, diapers with the exact same dimensions can have different size ranges listed, or even different size groups (S/M/L). NorthShore MegaMax L, ABU PeekABU XL, and MyDiaper Ultra XL have essentially identical physical shell dimensions in length and width, and will all fit exactly the same.

I can tell you my experience is that both the MegaMax l, and Abu simple ultra fit me close to the same. If the MegaMax bottom tape was a bit lower it would be identical. Although the tapes on either one are no issue for me what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthShoreAdam said:

Trying without boosters in the middle tonight. Still have one on each side because nobody has made my dream diaper yet...one with full padding to all edges. I agree that I'd like to get away from boosters, but my kidneys think it's funny to turn full on during the night.

Being able to drink freely in the evening, change and get to bed, and get up in the morning with no leaks. Stagger into the bathroom and change out of a diaper that's heavy enough that it'd be leaking for sure if it were most any other brand, and notice there's still four inches of dry padding in the back, that's how every morning should start!

Just got the large size today and I’m wearing one right now laying in bed as I’m typing this. It’s perfect!!! I was so worried that it wouldn’t fit me but thank god it did. It’s worth it. I haven’t wetted it yet though but I’m so excited!!! 😂😂😂

AnimeDude892 said:
Just got the large size today and I’m wearing one right now laying in bed as I’m typing this. It’s perfect!!! I was so worried that it wouldn’t fit me but thank god it did. It’s worth it. I haven’t wetted it yet though but I’m so excited!!! ������

Great! What's your waist and hip size? I think some others are concerned about the size large being wide enough as well. Thx

When is amzon going to carry this product? I keep checking.

So, I got my samples of the MegaMax today and I feel like the only one who doesn't love them with their whole being.

The fit is great, LOVE the tapes and landing zone (please don't reduce the stickiness of the tapes!), I don't mind the writing at all, and they feel amazing. Unlike the Supremes, these things are soft and fluffy and like wearing a hug. It's also true that they hold a lot. All good things.

But just like the BetterDry/Crinklz diapers, the wetness doesn't wick to the back. The front swells like crazy and the back stays completely dry. That means that by the time the diaper is at capacity--or even past--you've only used half the diaper.

The ability to use the whole diaper and not swell up like a water balloon is one of the things I love most about the NS Supreme. It's also nice that I can reliably tell how close it is to max capacity just by how far up the back the wetness has gone.

I guess the bottom line is that while I may buy the MegaMax by the bag, I will continue to buy the NS Supreme by the case.

-RMS

Has anyone tried these? Are the tapes truly reafastenable? I wish Northshore sold samples like other companies do so you could try a couple before buying a whole package

- - - Updated - - -

How did you get samples I can only see bag and case

NorthShore doesn't SELL samples, they send them for free. Reason #476 why they freakin' rule. (Just don't abuse the privilege.)

Just contact them by phone, chat, or email and they'll get you some to try.

-RMS

So I just got my shipment on friday and tested the new mega max last night. I find these diapers are an almost exact copy of the ABU simple ultras. They are NOT the overnight diapers for side sleepers, as we were promised.

Overall, the plastic shell feels nice and smooth, the fit is really good too. They start out moderately thick, and do swell some when wet, but really not that much. The elastics are very good, but not the best, but the leak guards are nice and tall.

Like with the ultra simples, wicking of this diaper is not that good though. I found the overall capacity is not as good as it was promissed either. I put it on just before bed at 9pm last night. When I got up at 5am I found the diaper had leaked and left about a 6" wet spot on my bed pad.

I had slept on my left side all night, and only the front left area of the diaper was soaked. The front right area was moderately wet, and the core/middle, and back of the diaper was completely dry. It had leaked over the top, but not at my legs. Realistically, the diaper didn't even absorb 1000 ml overnight before leaking, probably not even that much.

I then got up and did a little yoga exercising. I didn't bother changing out of the diaper as I knew being up would mean the center core area would get used more then the top front of the diaper. After about an hour I noticed a wet feeling running down my right leg. The shell of the diaper had ripped open just in front of the lower right tape. I had this exact same problem with the simple ultras too. I can confirm I had not put the diaper on tight either, only snug. Exactly as I do with my other diapers like Crinklz and the Northshore Supremes. I do not get this problem with them, so this is clearly a shell that's just too week.

Also as with the simple ultras, the tapes are absolutely great at holding. Do not change this, it is great. However, thisalso cause a problem because of the landing zone being too small. When tapped on correctly, the lower tapes will be positioned fully below the landing zone. This means you cannot remove the lower tapes without destroying the shell. The top tapes do land on the zone though, and can be retapped many times without problem. Do note they are incredibly loud when you pull them off though.

Overall, this is a really good daytime diaper as long as you don't wear it for too long and try to take it to max capacity, or be too active while wearing it. In order to make this a true side sleepers diaper several improvements will also need to be made. Until then, Betterdry/Crinklz has a higher absorption in the front and much lesser failure/leak rate. So I'll be sticking to them.

-strengthen the shell so it doesn't rip so easily.
-concentrate the sap at the front of the diaper, not in the center core where it won't get used by side sleepers.
-make the padding a little bit more thicker to improve wicking and capacity.
-extend the padding up the front higher, by maybe as much as a full inch.
-extend the landing zone down at least two full inches so you can refasten the lower tapes without desteoying the shell. (Which may also strengthen the shell where the tapes get stuck on and help prevent ripping).

Terryboy said:
Has anyone tried these? Are the tapes truly reafastenable? I wish Northshore sold samples like other companies do so you could try a couple before buying a whole package

The tapes can be moved, but they've got a pretty good grip. The tape panel is positioned a bit high, so be careful you keep the lower tapes on the tape panel if you think you're going to want to move them. (you're pretty much guaranteed to rip a hole in the shell if you miss the panel with the corner of a tape and get stuck on the shell) Fortunately they don't leave their adhesive on the shell like some other strong-glued tapes do, so you can reattach them.

With any diaper, I'd suggest getting a bag to sample. One or two just isn't enough to really judge whether or not you're going to like them. If a diaper has an unfamiliar fit to it, you can easily screw up two or three just trying to figure out the best taping strategy, and after that you're going to need several to judge how well they work for you during the day and overnight. And you can get a bag of 10 from most places for what it'd cost to get two 2pks (total of four diapers) of samples. So just get a bag unless you need to figure out which side of the fence you are on size. (in that case, get two samples, one of each probable size)

Today is going to be a good structural stability test for these, aka I’m doing a ton of outside things that normally break up the padding on my little paws, I’ll be blowing / raking leaves, mowing grass, cutting back my gardens and stacking firewood. Lots and lots of movement, so now I’ll be able to see what kind of abuse these can take!
Its now evening, I put on a new Northshore at 8am and went out, my body is feeling like its broken, all the leaves are blown, 3 cords of firewood has been stacked, the Northshore really surprised me, hardly any padding breakup, just a little on the side rear wings and some cracks on the upper tape panel, the poor diaper was soaked but didn't leak either. This is a very well made product for active users.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
So I just got my shipment on friday and tested the new mega max last night. I find these diapers are an almost exact copy of the ABU simple ultras. They are NOT the overnight diapers for side sleepers, as we were promised.

Overall, the plastic shell feels nice and smooth, the fit is really good too. They start out moderately thick, and do swell some when wet, but really not that much. The elastics are very good, but not the best, but the leak guards are nice and tall.

Like with the ultra simples, wicking of this diaper is not that good though. I found the overall capacity is not as good as it was promissed either. I put it on just before bed at 9pm last night. When I got up at 5am I found the diaper had leaked and left about a 6" wet spot on my bed pad.

I had slept on my left side all night, and only the front left area of the diaper was soaked. The front right area was moderately wet, and the core/middle, and back of the diaper was completely dry. It had leaked over the top, but not at my legs. Realistically, the diaper didn't even absorb 1000 ml overnight before leaking, probably not even that much.

I then got up and did a little yoga exercising. I didn't bother changing out of the diaper as I knew being up would mean the center core area would get used more then the top front of the diaper. After about an hour I noticed a wet feeling running down my right leg. The shell of the diaper had ripped open just in front of the lower right tape. I had this exact same problem with the simple ultras too. I can confirm I had not put the diaper on tight either, only snug. Exactly as I do with my other diapers like Crinklz and the Northshore Supremes. I do not get this problem with them, so this is clearly a shell that's just too week.

Also as with the simple ultras, the tapes are absolutely great at holding. Do not change this, it is great. However, thisalso cause a problem because of the landing zone being too small. When tapped on correctly, the lower tapes will be positioned fully below the landing zone. This means you cannot remove the lower tapes without destroying the shell. The top tapes do land on the zone though, and can be retapped many times without problem. Do note they are incredibly loud when you pull them off though.

Overall, this is a really good daytime diaper as long as you don't wear it for too long and try to take it to max capacity, or be too active while wearing it. In order to make this a true side sleepers diaper several improvements will also need to be made. Until then, Betterdry/Crinklz has a higher absorption in the front and much lesser failure/leak rate. So I'll be sticking to them.

-strengthen the shell so it doesn't rip so easily.
-concentrate the sap at the front of the diaper, not in the center core where it won't get used by side sleepers.
-make the padding a little bit more thicker to improve wicking and capacity.
-extend the padding up the front higher, by maybe as much as a full inch.
-extend the landing zone down at least two full inches so you can refasten the lower tapes without desteoying the shell. (Which may also strengthen the shell where the tapes get stuck on and help prevent ripping).

Just following up with additional testing. For shoots and grins on saturday I did try angling the lower taps up to the landing zone. I found this gave almost no seal around my legs, and after about 4 hours experienced a leak around my legs. I repositioned the tapes back to where they should be- fully below the landing zone- and was able to keep wearing it for another 4 hours before the shell ripped again and leaked. So definitely confirmed, the landing zone needs to be extended lower by about 2 full inches and/or the shell needs to be strengthened.

Saturday night I changed out early and put another dry one on before going to bed. It too leaked over the top, but only a very minor amount. More padding/sap is a definite must here.

Yesterday (sunday) I also went to the fair. I opted to add a booster since I knew I'd be in the same diaper for quite a while. This turned out to be a wise choice since my fair ended up also having a wine tasting event. I spent about 6 hours walking around, drinking wine, then walking abound more. The diaper and booster were soaked, but with about 4" of the back of the diaper still dry when I got home and changed. It had not leaked (but would have had I not used a booster). The diaper help up quite well, and had no clumping or sagging.

I then wore another mega max to bed last night. This morning it was soaked and felt like it was on the verge of leaking on me, but finally did manage to hold. Overall it isn't quite trustworthy for me to use as a side sleeper overnight diaper, but does make a great daytime diaper. I really look forward to seeing enough improvements for it to be sold as currenty described (or until then use truth in advertising and don't call it a side sleepers diaper).

Back