Northshore new product November! :DDD

The megamax is great. They run a little on the larger side, so my next order will be one size smaller. I might try a sample of the smaller size just to be safe.

Last edited:
I would like to add my admiration for the MegaMax! I just received my samples yesterday and got a chance to wear tonight. These are amazing diapers and Adam and his friends at Northshore should be proud! The diaper is extremely thirsty; all efforts to cause a leak have ended in failure to do so. The tapes, coupled with the landing zone, create a lasting bond that doesn’t slip or pop. The standing leak guards are tall, close to that of the legendary Betterdry leakguards.

I love how the plastic feels; it’s soft yet strong and thick. Upon wetting the diaper has a nice feel (good SAP ratio), and NO CLUMPING! It wicks well also.

Be careful with the sizing. My entire adult life I’ve worn nothing but Medium diapers. These run large, I feel I could almost wear a size small...for reference I’m 170lbs and have a waist size of 32 to 33. Before I buy a pack or case I may have to see if I can persuade Northshore to send me a size small sample pack.

So, all in all a wonderful diaper. The only tweak I could recommend to Northshore is to tone down the writing that very clearly and boldly says “Northshore”. It stands out a little too much, although not enough to cause me not to buy a case :)

Good job Adam and Northshore, I’m glad you listen to and respect our community so much!

DPRLuv85 said:
I would like to add my admiration for the MegaMax! I just received my samples yesterday and got a chance to wear tonight. These are amazing diapers and Adam and his friends at Northshore should be proud! The diaper is extremely thirsty; all efforts to cause a leak have ended in failure to do so. The tapes, coupled with the landing zone, create a lasting bond that doesn’t slip or pop. The standing leak guards are tall, close to that of the legendary Betterdry leakguards.

I love how the plastic feels; it’s soft yet strong and thick. Upon wetting the diaper has a nice feel (good SAP ratio), and NO CLUMPING! It wicks well also.

Be careful with the sizing. My entire adult life I’ve worn nothing but Medium diapers. These run large, I feel I could almost wear a size small...for reference I’m 170lbs and have a waist size of 32 to 33. Before I buy a pack or case I may have to see if I can persuade Northshore to send me a size small sample pack.

So, all in all a wonderful diaper. The only tweak I could recommend to Northshore is to tone down the writing that very clearly and boldly says “Northshore”. It stands out a little too much, although not enough to cause me not to buy a case :)

Good job Adam and Northshore, I’m glad you listen to and respect our community so much!

Yes, printing will be lighter on next run. It came out darker than expected. Sorry about that. It's always a learning process with new factories.

I ordered a pack of smalls. I can't believe how big they are. They're thinner when dry than I expected. I guess they have a high SAP content, because for how thin they are they sure do swell. It's taken a few diapers to get the fit right, the first few leaked where the side panels meet the butt. Sitting, standing, lying didn't matter what position I was in. It's getting better, I think the cut may not be quite right for my body shape. The plastic backing is interesting, not as crinkly as I like, more of a rustle due to it's robust thick. Seriously this is some thick plastic. Tapes are overkill strong as others have pointed out, they can be re-positioned a few times. The text on the side panels is kind of cool, even in the intense blue, it's different, I like it. I like them overall. Super absorbent for sure. I'm still not as confident in them as NS Supremes, or Dry 24/7. They're not my go to diaper yet. That's still NS Supreme's or 24/7s. But they're really good.

Oh anecdotal observation, the inner liner with the blue rectangle is almost identical to the Little for Big AB/DL diapers. The plastic backing is obviously different, just strikingly similar, even in absorbent characteristics. Probably just coincidence

Last edited:
I may be late finding out they arrived, but I got my case ordered. Hope they fit right.

ej24 said:
I ordered a pack of smalls. I can't believe how big they are. They're thinner when dry than I expected. I guess they have a high SAP content, because for how thin they are they sure do swell. It's taken a few diapers to get the fit right, the first few leaked where the side panels meet the butt. Sitting, standing, lying didn't matter what position I was in. It's getting better, I think the cut may not be quite right for my body shape. The plastic backing is interesting, not as crinkly as I like, more of a rustle due to it's robust thick. Seriously this is some thick plastic. Tapes are overkill strong as others have pointed out, they can be re-positioned a few times. The text on the side panels is kind of cool, even in the intense blue, it's different, I like it. I like them overall. Super absorbent for sure. I'm still not as confident in them as NS Supremes, or Dry 24/7. They're not my go to diaper yet. That's still NS Supreme's or 24/7s. But they're really good.

Oh anecdotal observation, the inner liner with the blue rectangle is almost identical to the Little for Big AB/DL diapers. The plastic backing is obviously different, just strikingly similar, even in absorbent characteristics. Probably just coincidence

We are looking at backing off on the adhesive on the tapes a little as I agree they can be too tough and loud to untape. No need to use Gorilla glue here, especially with the large sized tapes with extra coverage.

My partner has tried these, and he has yet to actually fill one up. The tapes are very strong.

NorthShoreAdam said:
We are looking at backing off on the adhesive on the tapes a little as I agree they can be too tough and loud to untape. No need to use Gorilla glue here, especially with the large sized tapes with extra coverage.

You'll get differing opinions of course, but I'll say I prefer the iron glue. I know where the tapes go and don't need to move them unless the shell has stretched, which doesn't seem to be an issue with these. I'd much rather have difficult to remove than prone to popping, especially with a diaper that can be worn for such an extended time.

I agree with bambinod, I had to reposition one tape last night and it was still easier to pull off then one diaper with second chance tapes

If you do end up changing the tapes, Adam, I hope it's not by much! I love how strong they are. It's common on other brands for even good tapes to slide around some, but I didn't experience any of that with the MegaMax.

Just ordered a sample! I’m getting a small and a medium - which is perfect since it seems there are some sizing concerns. I can’t wait to try them.

I received my case of size large MegaMax diapers.

These diapers are nearly the perfect diaper. I highly recommend them. I wore last evening and continue wearing it overnight for total of about 13 hours. I had zero leaks! This diaper does what it is supposed to do. Big thank you to NorthShore for making this product available.

As I mentioned, it is nearly the perfect diaper, but there is some room for improvement.

First thing is the NorthShore logo on the wings. Definitely need a change there. I was surprised that the logo was not only only the front wings but the back wings as well. So when wearing this diaper you almost feel like a walking billboard for NorthShore. If i were them I would stick to the logo being only on the front wings and I would make it a lot more subtle. I remember when the Superio diaper first came out and they had there huge logo on the diapers and people did not like it. I don't understand why a company feels the need to blast there logo all over the diaper when we know what brand we bought.

Second is that the padding needs to go up a bit higher in the front and back, having a lot of plastic without padding is uncomfortable.

I hope that they leave the stickiness of the tapes alone, I have never felt more secure about a diaper staying in place. the tapes are awesome.

Seriously with the two changes I mentioned, I believe this would be the perfect diaper.

jaredmartin said:
I received my case of size large MegaMax diapers.

These diapers are nearly the perfect diaper. I highly recommend them. I wore last evening and continue wearing it overnight for total of about 13 hours. I had zero leaks! This diaper does what it is supposed to do. Big thank you to NorthShore for making this product available.

As I mentioned, it is nearly the perfect diaper, but there is some room for improvement.

First thing is the NorthShore logo on the wings. Definitely need a change there. I was surprised that the logo was not only only the front wings but the back wings as well. So when wearing this diaper you almost feel like a walking billboard for NorthShore. If i were them I would stick to the logo being only on the front wings and I would make it a lot more subtle. I remember when the Superio diaper first came out and they had there huge logo on the diapers and people did not like it. I don't understand why a company feels the need to blast there logo all over the diaper when we know what brand we bought.

Second is that the padding needs to go up a bit higher in the front and back, having a lot of plastic without padding is uncomfortable.

I hope that they leave the stickiness of the tapes alone, I have never felt more secure about a diaper staying in place. the tapes are awesome.

Seriously with the two changes I mentioned, I believe this would be the perfect diaper.

Thanks for the great feedback. We'll definitely be making the printing lighter next time around. Unfortunately, we can't make the padding any taller so the option would be to make the plastic shell shorter. That would make them more similar to Supreme and we prefer to have a good alternative to Supreme at this point. We'll certainly be evaluating as we go though.

I got to try one last night and despite a hiccup, I think they're pretty impressive. I'm not that focused on high capacity diapers but this thing holds a lot! They're a generously sized medium, so I don't think I'll have a lot of immediate use for the larges I got just in case. The plastic is not quite as nice as for PeakABUs (I've seen a lot of comparisons) but it does feel good. The repeating Northshores on the wings are a turn-off. Lighter print would be better but less obtrusive would be best (once per wing?). The tapes are very sticky and that's a plus. Overall, I would say it was above average in terms of comfort.

The one problem that arose was that overnight, the taping panel split. The diaper remained intact and while it made it more loose, it didn't come completely free. If this happens with any consistency, it would kill the diaper for me. I hope that it won't. Some might chime in and say it was a result of taping too tightly but since I didn't specially ratchet this diaper any tighter than any other of the many, many diapers I've worn without this problem, I have to count it as a fault. It's a new product and I look forward to seeing some good adjustments but I think it's got the basic elements of a real winner.

Is there any way to get them in Europe?

Friend just got a bag and is trying one now, he's saying so far it's pretty comfy, his biggest issue is it's a bit excessive with the labeling for his little side's taste but otherwise he likes the feeling inside

Trevor said:
I got to try one last night and despite a hiccup, I think they're pretty impressive. I'm not that focused on high capacity diapers but this thing holds a lot! They're a generously sized medium, so I don't think I'll have a lot of immediate use for the larges I got just in case. The plastic is not quite as nice as for PeakABUs (I've seen a lot of comparisons) but it does feel good. The repeating Northshores on the wings are a turn-off. Lighter print would be better but less obtrusive would be best (once per wing?). The tapes are very sticky and that's a plus. Overall, I would say it was above average in terms of comfort.

The one problem that arose was that overnight, the taping panel split. The diaper remained intact and while it made it more loose, it didn't come completely free. If this happens with any consistency, it would kill the diaper for me. I hope that it won't. Some might chime in and say it was a result of taping too tightly but since I didn't specially ratchet this diaper any tighter than any other of the many, many diapers I've worn without this problem, I have to count it as a fault. It's a new product and I look forward to seeing some good adjustments but I think it's got the basic elements of a real winner.

Thanks for the feedback. We're going to strengthen the adhesive on the landing zone which seems to solve this issue, even though it should be pretty rare occurrence. We can't really replicate this problem in testing as we find that the diaper backsheet always tears first if we really stress the diaper width after applying tapes. However, we agree the adhesive under the landing zone could be a tad better and we'll adjust it next time and going forward.

Hey Northshore Adam, I’m sure you’ve already answered this question before, but are you actually ABDL or are you here just for informational purposes. I’m just legitly curious and am okay with it either way.

windelbuu said:
Is there any way to get them in Europe?

Try MyDiaper Ultra

https://www.saveexpress.de/en/search?sSearch=mydiaper+ultra&p=1

Sizing of MyDiaper Ultra is the same as NorthShort Mega. Same diaper, just with an animal on the tape panel. (same as ABU, which sizes their PeekABU differently) The Ultra also don't feature the wider tapes, but they're still just as sticky.

UPDATE: looking back at the numbers, MyDiaper Ultra has the SAME sizing as ABU PeekABU, both have very uncommonly small waist ranges for their stated sizes. NorthShore sizes are rated one category smaller for the same waist measurements. So Ultra and PeekABU Extra Large fit the same as NorthShore Large. I also just checked the weight on the Mega, and the three diapers are within 1/10 of an ounce of each other, at 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 oz per diaper. So should be little to no difference in SAP. I did see some slightly different dimensions in my measurements, but that may simply be due to my own error. Anyway, always pay careful attention to the stated waist ranges and make sure your belt measures at least several inches below the claimed upper limit if you want to be able to fasten the lower tapes.

Last edited:
NorthShoreAdam said:
Thanks for the feedback. We're going to strengthen the adhesive on the landing zone which seems to solve this issue, even though it should be pretty rare occurrence. We can't really replicate this problem in testing as we find that the diaper backsheet always tears first if we really stress the diaper width after applying tapes. However, we agree the adhesive under the landing zone could be a tad better and we'll adjust it next time and going forward.

I would hazard a guess that it's more likely to happen after a number of hours of being wet and worn without pants, such as in bed. Probably on most other diapers, the tapes would tend to slip first but that adhesive is excellent!

Back