Northshore new product November! :DDD

OK the Mega have landed at my door.

So, am I seeing things, or are these another clone of PeekABU? Except for the wider tapes (and shell art), these appear to be perfect clones to ABUniverse's PeekABU/Simple Ultra and MyDiaper's Ultra.

Not that I'm complaining, but it is kinda getting :think:

bambinod said:
OK the Mega have landed at my door.

So, am I seeing things, or are these another clone of PeekABU? Except for the wider tapes (and shell art), these appear to be perfect clones to ABUniverse's PeekABU/Simple Ultra and MyDiaper's Ultra.

Not that I'm complaining, but it is kinda getting :think:

Interesting! Im sure even if they were very similar or clones, it will be a better product because it offers MORE SIZES and its MORE AFFORDABLE!

kraken98 said:
Interesting! Im sure even if they were very similar or clones, it will be a better product because it offers MORE SIZES and its MORE AFFORDABLE!

yep Mega certainly cost less than ABU Simple Ultra. (they get here faster too!) And score more points for being in stock!

But keep in mind, ABU advertises sizes "medium,large,xlarge", which are sizes "small,medium,large" by MyDiaper and XP Medical standards. (and I think closer to reasonable) So they don't actually offer any other sizes, just different names.

So many new diapers....so little time?

I will definitely be ordering a case very soon.

Just put one on and wow!!! Good job north shore!! These are awesome, plastic is softer than dry 24/7 but still has good crinkle factor, it’s thick enough so it does feel cheap. The tapes are wonderful, clear like abu’s but a little wider, the diaper core is pleated but still soft, has good front and back coverage, diaper length in medium is just as long a barebums large, the front taping panel is perfect, not to thin, not to thick. Front and rear elastics are comfy, tall leak guards. Over all opinion for this dry diaper? Excellent so far!!ill report in the morning how this did proformance wise
I had (3) wettings and this diaper is still very thirsty, after using it the padding gets even softer, (must be the sap) I had one wetting shortly after putting this on just before bed, 1 large wetting while sleeping, I was on my back and sorta woke up and went, and then this morning while drinking a cup of coffee standing. So far so go, the diaper seems to wick pretty good, as it doesn't get thicker from wetness in one area, also my skin feels dry. Padding has not broken up and is held in place.
To those that are comparing this diapers to abu simple ultra, there are quite a few differences, the diaper is not as wide as theres, the padding core is different, the plastic sheet is slightly different, the waist bands are very different, its very similar but has noticeable differences. I will take pictures of this one and a simple ultra large to compare since the lengths of fairly similar (abu is longer)

Last edited:
I got my sample in today and will be giving it a run tomorrow! I curious to hear how these compare to the PeekABUs, since I haven't had a chance to try those out yet.

I guess I hate to play the devil's advocate, but keep in mind that not everybody has the same dimensions or physical makeup. I have found that the ABUniverse SDKs are considerably more reliable and long wearing than the NorthShore MegaMax product. I am not knocking them, however. They are well suited for their purpose. Don't hate on me for this, but I also feel that the Confidry 24/7s are more comfortable and have a glossier, softer outer shell.

Last edited:
Giving the new mega max diaper from NorthShore a try tonight, so far so good, wet it 3 times so far and messed it an hour ago. Now comes the waiting to see just how much they will hold before leaking.

Well I have surpassed the 12 hour mark and this mega max diaper is still taking all I have put into it and no leaks so far.

pampers4U said:
Just put one on and wow!!! Good job north shore!! These are awesome, plastic is softer than dry 24/7 but still has good crinkle factor, it’s thick enough so it does feel cheap. The tapes are wonderful, clear like abu’s but a little wider, the diaper core is pleated but still soft, has good front and back coverage, diaper length in medium is just as long a barebums large, the front taping panel is perfect, not to thin, not to thick. Front and rear elastics are comfy, tall leak guards. Over all opinion for this dry diaper? Excellent so far!!ill report in the morning how this did proformance wise
I had (3) wettings and this diaper is still very thirsty, after using it the padding gets even softer, (must be the sap) I had one wetting shortly after putting this on just before bed, 1 large wetting while sleeping, I was on my back and sorta woke up and went, and then this morning while drinking a cup of coffee standing. So far so go, the diaper seems to wick pretty good, as it doesn't get thicker from wetness in one area, also my skin feels dry. Padding has not broken up and is held in place.

Just got up after a nice leisurely sleep-in on a Saturday morning. I thought I had drank enough to mostly use this diaper, but apparently not! It's 8am and still have about 5" of dry padding in the back. Im pretty sure I can unconditionally trust this diaper to hold me overnight regardless of how much I've drank or how long I plan to sleep in. Just like the Ultras, swell and wicking are great, with the padding going from medium-thick and very soft/flexible to very swollen with a very pleasant "plump" feel. The tapes are just as expected, iron-glue-grade but extra wide, I like them like that. Though it just about takes BOTH hands to peel them up in the morning to change. (any Little with a weak grip could pretty honestly claim they can't get out of their diapers without help!) This little added performance feature distinguishes your diaper from the other similar models on the market, and was a great addition for you to make. Rearz Inspire+InControl are my favorite all-white diaper. Until now. That title now belongs to NorthShore Mega !

I do have some suggestions on how you can make a nearly perfect diaper even better:

- I doubt this is practical for you to change, but the top of the padding needs to be closer to the top front of the diaper, by a good inch or more. I normally target my top tapes to be halfway overlapped on the top padding, but had to place them completely above the padding to keep the front and back fairly even in height, and to be able to keep the upper and lower tapes vertically separated without the lower tapes extending down below the tape panel onto the shell plastic. (that'd guarantee a shell rip when changing, those make a mess!) For now you might consider lowering the tape panel about an inch to compensate. Side-sleepers need the top tapes over some padding to prevent top-leaks. The top tapes form a belt line and the area between them is the "top seal", and needs padding to be most effective. I realize you probably don't have an option to change the padding shape (you're having to use whatever dies the manufacturer offers) so moving the tape panel down is probably all you can do about that. If you could move the padding area upward it might help but I don't know what side-effects that would have elsewhere like in the crotch. I've seen at least two others comment that the tape panel needs to move down a little, so at least I know I'm not a compete outlier here.

- the "NorthShore™" logo on the side wings is pretty excessive. I know you've mentioned it came out darker than you were intending, but there's also quite a lot of it. I count nine reps per wing. In addition to lightening the ink, I'd suggest using a smaller font and increasing the spacing. Take a look at ABU's Simples, those look like a good compromise while staying on brand. (they also use black rather than grey, which is sharper to see, despite being smaller and less frequent, and doesn't seem to take as much away from the "all-white" look at the same time - so simply going with a lighter ink isn't necessarily the best adjustment) I don't count this as a very big deal though, for me personally I don't see it much and it doesn't detract a lot from the "all white diaper" experience I prefer, but there's room for improvement.

and I think that's it? There's nothing else I would change about this diaper, :claps: GREAT JOB! :claps: (and extra thanks for keeping the cost low too!)

got my sample just a bit ago and some the ideas to me that would have helped are there but the one main one is not and that was the padding going out in the wings more the leak guards in that area just dont do very good alone for me there

So, I received my pack of Northshore MegaMax today. I thought I would post a few pictures of them. Review to follow soon!

jnQfL0

npjJ7f

kz6btL

The diapers are surprisingly thin, and I have not had a chance to test their capacity yet. The tapes are very strong on the landing strip and are good to refasten as needed. The plastic is not super soft to the touch. Very similar to the Dry 24/7's. They are very quiet, not nearly as crinkly as I would like for them to be, but that is just my take. I like a loud diaper.
The sizing chart is very important. I am a 32 waist, so the smalls are just about at the smallest size I would feel comfortable with. I went ahead and ordered the mediums. The tapes can almost wrap around my waist to touch each other.
For some reason the images aren't appearing. I will try again later.

Last edited:
bambinod said:
Just got up after a nice leisurely sleep-in on a Saturday morning. I thought I had drank enough to mostly use this diaper, but apparently not! It's 8am and still have about 5" of dry padding in the back. Im pretty sure I can unconditionally trust this diaper to hold me overnight regardless of how much I've drank or how long I plan to sleep in. Just like the Ultras, swell and wicking are great, with the padding going from medium-thick and very soft/flexible to very swollen with a very pleasant "plump" feel. The tapes are just as expected, iron-glue-grade but extra wide, I like them like that. Though it just about takes BOTH hands to peel them up in the morning to change. (any Little with a weak grip could pretty honestly claim they can't get out of their diapers without help!) This little added performance feature distinguishes your diaper from the other similar models on the market, and was a great addition for you to make. Rearz Inspire+InControl are my favorite all-white diaper. Until now. That title now belongs to NorthShore Mega !

I do have some suggestions on how you can make a nearly perfect diaper even better:

- I doubt this is practical for you to change, but the top of the padding needs to be closer to the top front of the diaper, by a good inch or more. I normally target my top tapes to be halfway overlapped on the top padding, but had to place them completely above the padding to keep the front and back fairly even in height, and to be able to keep the upper and lower tapes vertically separated without the lower tapes extending down below the tape panel onto the shell plastic. (that'd guarantee a shell rip when changing, those make a mess!) For now you might consider lowering the tape panel about an inch to compensate. Side-sleepers need the top tapes over some padding to prevent top-leaks. The top tapes form a belt line and the area between them is the "top seal", and needs padding to be most effective. I realize you probably don't have an option to change the padding shape (you're having to use whatever dies the manufacturer offers) so moving the tape panel down is probably all you can do about that. If you could move the padding area upward it might help but I don't know what side-effects that would have elsewhere like in the crotch. I've seen at least two others comment that the tape panel needs to move down a little, so at least I know I'm not a compete outlier here.

- the "NorthShore™" logo on the side wings is pretty excessive. I know you've mentioned it came out darker than you were intending, but there's also quite a lot of it. I count nine reps per wing. In addition to lightening the ink, I'd suggest using a smaller font and increasing the spacing. Take a look at ABU's Simples, those look like a good compromise while staying on brand. (they also use black rather than grey, which is sharper to see, despite being smaller and less frequent, and doesn't seem to take as much away from the "all-white" look at the same time - so simply going with a lighter ink isn't necessarily the best adjustment) I don't count this as a very big deal though, for me personally I don't see it much and it doesn't detract a lot from the "all white diaper" experience I prefer, but there's room for improvement.

and I think that's it? There's nothing else I would change about this diaper, :claps: GREAT JOB! :claps: (and extra thanks for keeping the cost low too!)

That's some very helpful feedback. We'll evaluate and see what we can do. Thx!

Just ordered the large size. I can't wait!

I can only hope these are more reliable. The past year I have have quite a few rip on the Plastic Backsheet. Other than this problem, the normal supreme diapers have been good.

They fit me like a rearz diaper they fit around the waist great but they are way to long and sag in the crotch and the leg gathers dig into me

iam32bit said:
I can only hope these are more reliable. The past year I have have quite a few rip on the Plastic Backsheet. Other than this problem, the normal supreme diapers have been good.

MegaMax backsheet is quite a bit thicker than backsheet for Supreme. MegaMax is built to last under extreme usage.

- - - Updated - - -

iam32bit said:

Pleas try one size down. MegaMax does run a bit long.

Last edited:
I'm on day (2) of 24/7 wearing with the mega max, I don't have anything to complain about, I feel as though these were made for me.
The mediums fit me like a glove, now I was always the guy who complained that mediums were to small and larges to big, these feel like a size regular (in between the two)
Now onto performance, these can take full floods and then wick a good amount, something that we've haven't seen with super sap rich diapers. Padding also stays in place, I move around a lot and I haven't had any issues with pad break up or shifting. The sap keeps your skin feeling dry longer, yes any diaper will make you feel wet eventually, these seem to last pretty long before that clammy feeling takes over
The big clear tapes hold in place and don't stretch out, there connection to the back sheet is superior. The front plastic landing strip that the tapes land on is great, the strip is wide enough that tapes can land in different spots to adjust for all us since we are different shapes and sizes.
Leak guard are awesome, they are the right height, not to short and not overly excessive, they do contain bowel movements very well.
Outside plastic sheet is strong, yet not as loud or crunchy, the plastic is pretty soft, I like this top sheet.
The Northshore prints, there a little big and loud, but I really don't care about that, there located on the wings only, the rest of this diaper is plain white which is fantastic.
Key take aways for anyone - this diaper runs big, its a long diaper, I'm on the large side of mediums, very small side of larges, this fits me perfect (size 34"waist, 6ft 1" tall, fairly proportional) if your shorter than me, if your skinner than me go with the smalls. This diaper in medium will fit anyone up to a 36-38" waist no problem, but please order a sample before committing to cases, these fit like dry 24/7's, medium's in these fit like large bare bums.

My initial impressions are very positive! I love the larger fit than the Supremes, and the super strong tapes are fantastic. And boy, are these things thirsty! I'm in the habit of always using a booster pad when I diaper up, but that may have been a mistake with the MegaMax because I've been in this diaper waaaay longer than I thought I would be.

Sounds like the perfect diaper for those who like to be tied up and locked in a closet all day.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
Back