Northshore new product November! :DDD

Slomo said:
Also, the mexa max diapers did not extend all the way up to my waist line as they should have. They just have a lower rise cut, and even the padding in the front doesn't extend up quite as high as other diapers. And these issues are a big no-no's for side sleeper diapers too.

Overall though, the larges do still fit my 38" waist- though just barely. They were never uncomfortable either (unless they leaked), and as mentioned do still function quite well during the day, and don't swell up all too much either so they are easily concealable.?

Both ABU PeekABU MyDiaper Ultra are a size down. If you normally do Large, you need XL. The third variant, MegaMax, is more traditional with their sizing, "large means large". (rated 42-54") Are you sure you aren't talking about a different size?

I have about a 40" waist and I find they fit me great.

Also, BetterDry are uncommonly large, probably not a good thing to use as a "standard".

Slomo said:
Adam, the overall fit of the diaper is just fine. The waist and legs are snug as they should be, and there is enough overlap on the wings that I'm sure they could easily acommodate another 5" of waist line. What I'm referring to is the amount of expansion room within the middle of the diaper itself. Most other brands I like are never tight across the entire shell and will not feel compressed or tight acrocc bith the front and back unless really saturated all the war through, but the mega max diapers feel like that even right after putting them on dry. It's just how the diaper is cut and how it conforms to one's body.

As for the rise, stretch it out and lay it over a betterdry that's also stretched out. Kine up the back for both, and you'll see the mega max shell and padding are both shorter at the front by a noticable amount.

Ok, I've just measured BetterDry and MegaMax in size large. Two things going on here.

First is the core (padding). BetterDry is about 1 inch longer than MegaMax so it will come up 0.5 inch higher in front and 0.5 inch higher in back. Note: MegaMax is 1 inch wider in the crotch..8 inches vs. 7 inches for BetterDry.

Secondly, and I think causing more confusion here...is the MegaMax has a backsheet that is about 2.5 inches longer than BetterDry. It's more of a hi-rise diaper than BetterDry. So, in MegaMax size large, you will see more of a gap between the top of the waist and the padding mostly because we have a longer backsheet. BetterDry padding is a little longer than MegaMax but nearly as much as you think if you were just looking at the gap between the padding and the top of the waistband.

bambinod said:
Both ABU PeekABU MyDiaper Ultra are a size down. If you normally do Large, you need XL. The third variant, MegaMax, is more traditional with their sizing, "large means large". (rated 42-54") Are you sure you aren't talking about a different size?

I have about a 40" waist and I find they fit me great.

Also, BetterDry are uncommonly large, probably not a good thing to use as a "standard".

I agree with that. The Northshore mega max, ABU Simple Ultra, and PeekABU diapers are all very close to the exact same, and are all cut smaller but still in the range of larges. Betterdry and Confidry24/7, are also cut similarly the exact same size, and do run larger then most any other diaper of the same size but are also still well withing the range of large.

And yes, I'm actually at 38.25" for my waist. All the above diapers absolutely do fit me with plenty of extra overlap on the wings (the top tapes are usually about 5" apart, and the bottom are about 6" apart on me, plus or minus), and yes will properly fit even larger people. I'm not talking about the fit though, and the size is correct. I'm talking about the cut and lack of room that cut of the mega max leaves out. More specifically, the radius of the leg openings are smaller, and the distance between the top and bottom of the side wings is shorter. This forces the diaper to be pulled tighter all around, and is the problem I find with them. It also the likely reason why the shell keeps tearing even though it's tapped on only snugly. Because it's still being pulled tigher simply by the way it is cut.

And let me reiterate this next point as I ready have. This problem tightness I find is on me. Everyone's body is different. While they don't work for me, I'm certain they will for others. Hence why sames and testing is always recommended for any new diaper we're trying out.

I know exactly what you mean, the mega max mediums fit me like it was made for me, absolutely perfect. Crinklz mediums while the length is good the way the tapes are laid out to the taping area / wings is very uncomfortable / tight. Tight to the point that when I change I have lines from the leak guards on my inner thighs through the front of my pelvis region and butt cheeks. The padding almost feels restricting because the diaper design / cut falls different on me.
Abu mediums kinda feel a little tight but not as bad, it allows expansion and the proper sag when wet all the while keeping the family jewels in place and leak guards against my skin, mega max medium is even better for me.
Now if I go large on crinklz and Abu I literally swim in these and usually prematurely leak from the rear leg cuffs.
So I get what you mean, maybe this isn’t your product of choice or maybe a different taping strategy / product placement needs to be discovered by trial and error

Slomo said:
I agree with that. The Northshore mega max, ABU Simple Ultra, and PeekABU diapers are all very close to the exact same, and are all cut smaller but still in the range of larges. Betterdry and Confidry24/7, are also cut similarly the exact same size, and do run larger then most any other diaper of the same size but are also still well withing the range of large.

And yes, I'm actually at 38.25" for my waist. All the above diapers absolutely do fit me with plenty of extra overlap on the wings (the top tapes are usually about 5" apart, and the bottom are about 6" apart on me, plus or minus), and yes will properly fit even larger people. I'm not talking about the fit though, and the size is correct. I'm talking about the cut and lack of room that cut of the mega max leaves out. More specifically, the radius of the leg openings are smaller, and the distance between the top and bottom of the side wings is shorter. This forces the diaper to be pulled tighter all around, and is the problem I find with them. It also the likely reason why the shell keeps tearing even though it's tapped on only snugly. Because it's still being pulled tigher simply by the way it is cut.

And let me reiterate this next point as I ready have. This problem tightness I find is on me. Everyone's body is different. While they don't work for me, I'm certain they will for others. Hence why sames and testing is always recommended for any new diaper we're trying out.

Unfortunately, I don't see how you find MegaMax to have smaller leg radius that BetterDry. See photo comparison. The radius in the "A" direction is identical and the Mega Max has a good few extra inches in the "B" direction. Additionally, MegaMax lower tape is a few inches higher up than on BetterDry so there should be extra room for those with larger hips/thighs than compared to BetterDry. I understand the fit may not be right for you, but I'm not comfortable accepting that MegaMax has smaller leg openings than BetterDry, in general.
Capture.jpg

NorthShoreAdam said:
Unfortunately, I don't see how you find MegaMax to have smaller leg radius that BetterDry. See photo comparison. The radius in the "A" direction is identical and the Mega Max has a good few extra inches in the "B" direction. Additionally, MegaMax lower tape is a few inches higher up than on BetterDry so there should be extra room for those with larger hips/thighs than compared to BetterDry. I understand the fit may not be right for you, but I'm not comfortable accepting that MegaMax has smaller leg openings than BetterDry, in general.
View attachment 31951

That is a very interesting comparison. I had laid both on top of each other (mega max on top), and ligned up the rear waist bands. The front waistband was a good inch lower than the betterdry. It also overlapped the leg opening of the betterdry too (which should mean a smaller radius).

I don't know, maybe I didn't pull them both tight enough. I kind of wish I still had a mexamax so I could double check my last results. Till then I quess I have to redact my size comparisons with an appology as well.

I’ve been wearing these exclusively this week. I ordered the mediums and love the fit. I have a 38 waist and get a very good fit. I have had the landing zone break and peel away over night on a couple occasions, but overall really love these.

Slomo said:
That is a very interesting comparison. I had laid both on top of each other (mega max on top), and ligned up the rear waist bands. The front waistband was a good inch lower than the betterdry. It also overlapped the leg opening of the betterdry too (which should mean a smaller radius).

I don't know, maybe I didn't pull them both tight enough. I kind of wish I still had a mexamax so I could double check my last results. Till then I quess I have to redact my size comparisons with an appology as well.

You can receive another sample. Just email [email protected] and tell them it's approved by Adam on Adisc. It's no problem.

Just tried one in the sample pack I recieved. Was amazing however they are like the 24/7 in that they run larger. These are for the very most part peekabus. Which is awesome

I just ordered some!!! Hate that I always leak sleeping on my side.

Finally got to try one. They are definitely a quality product. Yes, similar to the peekabu/ultra, but I think the cut/sizing is slightly different and not just the size labeled different (comparing small MegaMax to medium peekabu). Obviously, the tapes are larger as shown earlier. Had no issues with tapes or landing zone on my first one. Wore through the night and into the late morning, probably close to 12 hours. Didn’t wet until morning really though. Only thing I noticed after wearing one is i’d like the length to be maybe 1” shorter so it doesn’t ride up so high on me. Otherwise, I think sizing was pretty nice on me (size small, I’m 30” waist). Overall, great diaper and one I’d be happy wearing anytime!

xpluswearer said:
If someone from Bureau of Weights & Measures were to ever check that out and finds the difference Northshore would get a audit and if one item fails they get shut down and fined until they are fixed..
One who advertises better be ready to be checked on the claims in the advertising.
The law does not mess around.

As a lawyer with extensive experience in mass media law, advertising law, etc., I'm just shaking my head here. That's not how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

NorthShoreAdam said:
MegaMax Small and Medium each run bigger than the same sizes in Supreme. The Large size is very comparable though. So there won't be such big jumps between sizes with MegaMax like there is with Supreme.

Looking forward to this; my issue with the Supreme was always that medium was just way too tight, and large was too large. IIRC you were contemplating a "Regular" size between the two at one point, but it never came to be?

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Looking forward to this; my issue with the Supreme was always that medium was just way too tight, and large was too large. IIRC you were contemplating a "Regular" size between the two at one point, but it never came to be?

Yes, sizing of MegaMax Medium should be much better for your situation. No luck in convincing any of the factories to make a Regular size these days.

Hi Adam. First of all, thanks for always having such a positive presence in the ABDL community, despite not being ABDL yourself. Its great to have someone who takes in the input of the ABDL community, and not solely people facing incontinence issues. Supremes have been my favorite daytime diaper for awhile now. They are sturdy, fit snug, absorb a lot, and are very affordably priced. It's thus very exciting to have Northshore producing a new high capacity diaper. As for the MegaMax:

Overall I think this is a very solid diaper. The absorbency is great. The plastic is soft but strong. I really like the front plus rear waistband. The tapes hold well and don't come off easily. They don't wick as well as the Supremes, but I think that is common for high capacity diapers and I wouldn't want to be wearing a diaper that swells so much for active wear anyways (that would be more when I would wear the Supremes, or maybe a Supreme with a L size booster).

For sizing, I can't give a definite response as I usually wear a medium and found the mediums a bit too large for me (I'll order a small sample to see which fits better before I order my next case). Still, even being a bit large around the waste for me in this size, the fit on these is very satisfactorily snug at the legs. Prior to the MegaMax, my main high capacity diaper has been the ABU Simple (the Peakaboo being too pricey for me). I found the of the center of the MegaMax around my inner thighs to be snugger fitting than the Simple and thus less likely for me to feel like I might leak (when not wearing a pad).

As for improvements, as others have stated, the Northshore branding is too prominent. Even if the ink was lightened on future prints, ideally I'd like to see the print only on the front wings and then only further on the sides of the front wings. This is how the ABU simple is printed. The result is that the branding is visible when putting on the diaper and changing, but covered up when the diaper is worn. While this might have less of a billboard effect while one is wearing the diaper, I think it still prominently advertises the diaper well enough. It would also make the diaper a lot better for photo shoots for ABDL who are into that, which in turn would increase free promotion of the brand.

For tapes, in one comment you said you were thinking of reducing the stickiness to make them less "Gorilla Glue" like. If you're going to do this, be careful. One of the biggest problems with early new diaper batches it weak tapes. Its very common to see a new premium ABDL diaper come out and be great overall, only to have terrible tapes. This is not the case with the MegaMax, so please be cautious as you proceed here out of worry that the tapes could become not sticky enough.

Lastly, my only other comment is that I wish the leg guards were a bit taller. Measuring the height of the leg guards on large size ABU Peeakboo I got from from a friend (the size closest comparable to a medium MegaMax), I found the leg guard height of both diapers to be 1.75". Comparing the height to an ABU simple, however, I found them to be about 25% shorter, with the Simple leg guard height being 2.2". For most wear, I don't think this makes a difference, but when wearing with a booster pad, the shorter guard can lead to leaking much faster, and leaking before capacity of the diaper has been reached. Even with the higher MegaMax capacity, I still found a Simple + pad having a longer wear time before leaking compared to a MegaMax + pad. Ideally, I'd thus like to see taller leg guards.

That's it, though. Overall I think this is a great diaper. I think it's still a close call for me between this and the Simple, due to the leg guard and pad issue as I normally wear with a pad. Either way, these are a great diaper at a great price. As a Chicago local I'm proud to support Northshore and your products.

DLTree said:
Hi Adam. First of all, thanks for always having such a positive presence in the ABDL community, despite not being ABDL yourself. Its great to have someone who takes in the input of the ABDL community, and not solely people facing incontinence issues. Supremes have been my favorite daytime diaper for awhile now. They are sturdy, fit snug, absorb a lot, and are very affordably priced. It's thus very exciting to have Northshore producing a new high capacity diaper. As for the MegaMax:

Overall I think this is a very solid diaper. The absorbency is great. The plastic is soft but strong. I really like the front plus rear waistband. The tapes hold well and don't come off easily. They don't wick as well as the Supremes, but I think that is common for high capacity diapers and I wouldn't want to be wearing a diaper that swells so much for active wear anyways (that would be more when I would wear the Supremes, or maybe a Supreme with a L size booster).

For sizing, I can't give a definite response as I usually wear a medium and found the mediums a bit too large for me (I'll order a small sample to see which fits better before I order my next case). Still, even being a bit large around the waste for me in this size, the fit on these is very satisfactorily snug at the legs. Prior to the MegaMax, my main high capacity diaper has been the ABU Simple (the Peakaboo being too pricey for me). I found the of the center of the MegaMax around my inner thighs to be snugger fitting than the Simple and thus less likely for me to feel like I might leak (when not wearing a pad).

As for improvements, as others have stated, the Northshore branding is too prominent. Even if the ink was lightened on future prints, ideally I'd like to see the print only on the front wings and then only further on the sides of the front wings. This is how the ABU simple is printed. The result is that the branding is visible when putting on the diaper and changing, but covered up when the diaper is worn. While this might have less of a billboard effect while one is wearing the diaper, I think it still prominently advertises the diaper well enough. It would also make the diaper a lot better for photo shoots for ABDL who are into that, which in turn would increase free promotion of the brand.

For tapes, in one comment you said you were thinking of reducing the stickiness to make them less "Gorilla Glue" like. If you're going to do this, be careful. One of the biggest problems with early new diaper batches it weak tapes. Its very common to see a new premium ABDL diaper come out and be great overall, only to have terrible tapes. This is not the case with the MegaMax, so please be cautious as you proceed here out of worry that the tapes could become not sticky enough.

Lastly, my only other comment is that I wish the leg guards were a bit taller. Measuring the height of the leg guards on large size ABU Peeakboo I got from from a friend (the size closest comparable to a medium MegaMax), I found the leg guard height of both diapers to be 1.75". Comparing the height to an ABU simple, however, I found them to be about 25% shorter, with the Simple leg guard height being 2.2". For most wear, I don't think this makes a difference, but when wearing with a booster pad, the shorter guard can lead to leaking much faster, and leaking before capacity of the diaper has been reached. Even with the higher MegaMax capacity, I still found a Simple + pad having a longer wear time before leaking compared to a MegaMax + pad. Ideally, I'd thus like to see taller leg guards.

That's it, though. Overall I think this is a great diaper. I think it's still a close call for me between this and the Simple, due to the leg guard and pad issue as I normally wear with a pad. Either way, these are a great diaper at a great price. As a Chicago local I'm proud to support Northshore and your products.

Thanks very much for all your great feedback. I'm certainly absorbing all the great feedback and we'll do our best to make changes that are preferred by as many as possible. It's a challenge to make a change that doesn't upset more people then it helps.

We decided not to change the tape stickiness for now. We did add stronger adhesive to the landing zone, so it doesn't start to peel away after extended use. The printing will be much lighter. To have it only in the front would mean changing the printing from the backsheet to the landing zone. Something to consider.

I agree, it's hard to go wrong with taller standing leak guards.

One thing I ought to test is how well the adhesives you're using handle exposure to lotion. I get eczema problems from time to time in the crotch (inside of thighs) from over-use of powder, and have to go the other direction to clear it up, usually by use of lots of lotion or something like gold bond eczema relief creme. Depending on the diaper, baby lotions (and especially the gold bond creme) can dissolve the adhesive holding the top sheet to the shell, the leg gather elastic to the shell, the standing leak guards to the shell, or the elastic at the top of the leak guards. DC Amore kitten are jut outright disassembled by lotions and cremes, everything falls apart! (biggest problem being the elastic at the top of the leak guard, which is freed in the middle and starts to dig into my skin, which has been softened by the lotion - but also the elastic bands in the leg gathers completely fall off the shell, and end up on the floor when I change in the morning) Safari don't fare much better, the elastic stays in the leak guard curtain and leg gathers but everything else falls apart, exposing the wet caked sap. Many diapers separate the top sheet from shell and leak guard from top sheet.

It'd be nice to have a premium diaper for weekend sleep-in that I could trust while trying to clear up my skin. Long sleep-ins on the weekend are a great way to give the lotion time to soak in and re-hydrate things.

I've just double-tested these. I have verified that yeah, the MegaMax absolutely does have the same overall dimensions as Betterdry. So let me say I fully retract what I said about them being smaller, with an apology. the inside cut around the legs is odd though, with more material at the back of the legs, and less at the front. Though I still can't put my finger on it, they absolutely do feel like a tighter fit on me. I don't know....maybe the cut, maybe just personal fit I guess. Which may be why they still don't work without leaking on me overnight.

Still an absolutely great diaper for daytime use though. :)

NorthShoreAdam said:
View attachment 31951
Oh my that cut on the Mega Max!

Adam would you happen to have a cut comparison on NorthShore Supreme Lites?

As someone with larger thighs who uses BetterDry/Crinklz these look heavenly.

Sheepies said:
Oh my that cut on the Mega Max!

Adam would you happen to have a cut comparison on NorthShore Supreme Lites?

As someone with larger thighs who uses BetterDry/Crinklz these look heavenly.

For small and medium sizes, MegaMax runs taller and wider than Supreme or Supreme Lite.

For size large they are all very similar in cut.

NorthShoreAdam said:
For small and medium sizes, MegaMax runs taller and wider than Supreme or Supreme Lite.

For size large they are all very similar in cut.
So quick! So helpful!

Thanks Adam!

I'm sold for when the new Lite colors come in.

Back