MidWest Furriest (MFF) 2018

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Howdy all. I've been busy lately with other things and haven't been able to be online much. But was curious if anyone else was going to be attending MFF this year in Chicago?

https://www.furfest.org

If anyone is going, they are going to be having their very first official cub panel. It'll be a meet & greet / Q&A.

For those that don't know, MFF is currently the largest fur con. There is a pretty big cub population there, but they don't really have their own panels yet.

We're hoping that they will be able to start having more panels for cubs, like they do at TFF (Texas Furry Fiesta).

I'll be helping at the panel at MFF, so if you are attending, be sure to say hi to me.

I'm close to Chicago, but going there alone is pretty scary.
I'll think about it.

If there is easy parking I'm good. No need for hotel, only 1.5 hr drive.

Oops. I just realized auto correct got me in the title of this. Ohh well.

MickeyM said:
I'm close to Chicago, but going there alone is pretty scary.
I'll think about it.

If there is easy parking I'm good. No need for hotel, only 1.5 hr drive.

Parking is a bit difficult at the hotel where the con is going on. The parking lot and garage fills up quickly, and can be very hard to find an available spot. We left our parking spot once, and decided to never do it again. We started to take Uber / Lyft / Taxis when we needed to go somewhere. You're probably more familiar with the area than myself. I know that there are other parking garages / lots at the other hotels nearby. I'm not sure how easy it is to park at them, or how expensive it is. You might know of a place that you could park, and then either walk or get a ride over to the main hotel building.

I hope you can attend. It really is a lot of fun. I will warn you that if some people get a bit intimidated by the large crowds that are there. Each year the attendance goes up. So there will probably be in the 8k - 10k+ of people there. http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Midwest_FurFest

I'm not sure if you're on telegram or not. But there are a few MFF / MFF cub chats. You can get to know people in advance. Going to a convention with someone can make a HUGE difference, than going by yourself. You'll have more fun going around with someone, that can help show the ropes, than just going by yourself.

Mattew said:
I'm not sure if you're on telegram or not. But there are a few MFF / MFF cub chats. You can get to know people in advance. Going to a convention with someone can make a HUGE difference, than going by yourself. You'll have more fun going around with someone, that can help show the ropes, than just going by yourself.
If you could swing me a message with chat details that'd be sweet thanks!

After a two year hiatus (stoopid work) I'll be heading to MFF on Tuesday 27th at 11:30am from Brisbane and getting to Chicago about 5pm on Tuesday 27th ...pretty cool huh? :3
I'm rooming with non AB/DL friends but taking enough padding to see me through the weekend and will order more from Northshore when I get to wherever I'm staying after the con.
Hope to catch up with old friends and also new :)

I'm on Telegram @wedgey if anyone wants to catch up and talk either before the con or while MFF is on.

Speaking of that panel there was someone on twitter personally threatening the panel and attendees. Resorted to the usual "pedophile" card and to no one's surprise refused to listen to sound logic and arguments, just kept screaming that same word and tried to backpedal on the threat as "intimidating". Needless to say they were asked by staff not to attend thankfully. Just be on the lookout for potential protests at the panel.

Yes. Sadly this is true. There was actually several people on Twitter that did this. Some have had their accounts suspended for making threats, and some have had to delete tweets and lock their accounts to prevent others from seeing / commenting. There was a great group of people on Twitter and telegram that were able to quickly see this and get it all reported. Within hours of threats being made, the staff and Con Chair, were made aware of the situation and were in discussion with the person that submitted the panel, and will be running the meet.

Yes. Some people have been told to stay away from the panel. There will be security at the panel as well, since it's an adult panel, and they'll need to make sure that all entering are 18+.

The panel will continue as normal. The person leading the panel has stated that he will not be intimidated.

But yes, I would also recommend everyone that is at the con or attending this panel to use common sense. Always be aware of your surroundings. If someone becomes a problem, you need to immediately alert MFF security / staff.

My friends going, dog sitting for him again.

rennecfox said:
My friends going, dog sitting for him again.

So does that mean he is a dog furry, and you're going with him to the con?

There's been a few people I've been trying to convince to go. I've seen them post on Twitter that they're thinking about it.

We're going! My tag badge is Carcamaica and my mate's is Kittensquid. (Ferret and house cat, respectively).

perlFerret said:
We're going! My tag badge is Carcamaica and my mate's is Kittensquid. (Ferret and house cat, respectively).

Sweet. Hope to see you there. Are you active on any of the telegram chats? There's a few for MFF.

Going to be there too. My said he'd go to the BF panel with me.

wackoreese said:
Going to be there too. My said he'd go to the BF panel with me.

Woot. Hope to say hi to you there.

Mattew said:
Sweet. Hope to see you there. Are you active on any of the telegram chats? There's a few for MFF.

No, no Telegram for me. Sorry.

•••• • •-•• •-•• --•- •-- --•- •-• •-•• -•• [stop]

Slomo said:
•••• • •-•• •-•• --•- •-- --•- •-• •-•• -•• [stop]

Hell Q W Q R L D

...I'm confused...

Hello World with Q's for O's?

Mattew said:
Hell Q W Q R L D

...I'm confused...

Hello World with Q's for O's?

Oops. Yeah I was looking at a small chart I have on my phone. What can I say, I'm not very good with Telegrams.

perlFerret said:
No, no Telegram for me. Sorry.

We must get you on Telegram. :p

Really good for messaging. But anyway. See you Friday night, if not before. Have fun.

Back