• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutisticExtrovert

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello -

After a life of viewing my challenges with bladder and fecal incontinence as a negative challenge, I'm attempting to find some sort of positive in it.

I have never been able to celebrate the social costs of being in diapers as an adult.

However, I think I have a starting point to work from in cultivating a new attitude about diapers: The fabric diapers with the cheap, thin wax coating? I hate them.

So, my starting point in learning to appreciate diapers is : I like the crinkle of plastic back diapers. Do I think they're sexy? No. That crinkly sound though, that tells me I'm not likely to have any sort of surprise leaks.

I'm going to find other things to appreciate about this part of my life. I can turn this lifelong problem into something I can not only accept, but enjoy. That is my goal anyways.

It is nice to be here, and I appreciate having other folks in my life who either appreciate diapers already or who (like myself) are committed to learning to do so.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is a learning process. Stay tuned! (and, thanks for joining!)

Hello Extrovert,
Welcome to the group.🐈

hi Extrovert, KyleXY here

i am an introvert. however i am also outgoing. so you could say i am experiencing both sides of the introvert/extrovert viewpoints. welcome to the group!!!:cool:

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

I am grateful today that I woke up in a dry bed.

AutisticExtrovert said:
Hello -

After a life of viewing my challenges with bladder and fecal incontinence as a negative challenge, I'm attempting to find some sort of positive in it.

I have never been able to celebrate the social costs of being in diapers as an adult.

However, I think I have a starting point to work from in cultivating a new attitude about diapers: The fabric diapers with the cheap, thin wax coating? I hate them.

So, my starting point in learning to appreciate diapers is : I like the crinkle of plastic back diapers. Do I think they're sexy? No. That crinkly sound though, that tells me I'm not likely to have any sort of surprise leaks.

I'm going to find other things to appreciate about this part of my life. I can turn this lifelong problem into something I can not only accept, but enjoy. That is my goal anyways.

It is nice to be here, and I appreciate having other folks in my life who either appreciate diapers already or who (like myself) are committed to learning to do so.

Hello AutisticExtrovert, I'm totally with you on the whole crinkle thing, just the sounds screams I'll hold it ! :) Anyhow, welcome !

I navigated challenging situation today: I live on an autistic common in rural Oregon. although it was not always the case, I am currently the lowest functioning resident. Anyways, I did not notice that I had defecated while loading and moving mulch about in a large wagon. When I did become aware, the mess was extensive (but, thankfully, contained). I ran into two different groups of people on the property who wanted to talk after I had become aware of this. Normally, I would just go straight back to my trailer, feeling ashamed and less than everybody around me. However, I stayed and talked today, because I purchased a couple of products based on reviews from these forums! I am absolutely certain that there was still some odor, but the GaryWear diaper cover that I bought contained quite a mess without any leaking. Even though I could smell myself, if my friends and land mates did, they didn't say anything. Had they, I would have respected their feelings. Anyways, how was social, which I enjoy, even though I'm bad at it!

Welcome to the site, it's good you know who you are and are comfortable with it.

Thanks for the welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back