Still need help avoiding leaks while lying down

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I've posted about this before but I still haven't solved it yet. When I wear a peekabu to bed I can use it once during the night without issue but once the sun is up and I'm ready to get up, when I try to pee again I leak out the top of my diaper on the left hand side. Peekabus work wonders for me in any other situation so I hope I can make them work here. One thing I thought to try next time is pointing my penis down again before that second wetting since although I do point it down at the beginning of the night I have trouble sleeping if I don't allow myself to roll over a few times. Another thing that may or may not matter was last time it took some psychological effort to pee in my diaper while lying in bed once the sun was up and half way through my concentration broke and I stopped the flow before starting it again. I think when that happened it might have caused my penis to shift position slightly which may have lead to a leak. I'll never know if that mattered or not.

Have you tried another brand? Perhaps you could try one size bigger at night?

hex000f said:
One thing I thought to try next time is pointing my penis down again before that second wetting since although I do point it down at the beginning of the night I have trouble sleeping if I don't allow myself to roll over a few times

Pointing down is pretty much required when laying down.

Yeah, mine only really points at the bed or down. As long as I don't super flood it, no leaks. Have not had a leak with little pawz diapers. I also wear plastic pants as well for added protection and babyness. I have a vinyl mattress cover that crinkles to help protect my bed as well.

Wish I could give you advice to fix this but last time you asked were the following covered:

1. Make sure you give your diaper a gentle fold length ways to activate channels front to back.

86485982-02EA-4CD3-A504-7C53FEF7107F.jpg

2. If you are using powders / lotions / oils / creams make sure you aren’t using too much that will compromise / clog the diaper.

3. Are you hydrated? The more concentrated your wee is the longer it takes the SAP to absorb it.

4. Are your diapees tight enough? You don’t want to cut off any circulation but if you have openings without lifting the diaper it will let it all out.

5. Wicking is a pain, any part of the diaper folded over causing a wicking channel?

6. Flooding. Worst culprit of the batch, if you flood particularly in an already wet diaper gravity and motion is gonna keep your wee flowing like a mighty river as the already full SAP can repel fast moving liquid like a force field. A slow gentle trickle will let the wee flow past the saturated SAP and temporarily sit in the fluff pulp until it can be absorbed.

:hug:

As others have said pointing down is a good point.
Doing the V channel vs the W or U channel is required.
Depending on the output it may be small enough to come out like a sprinkler clogged with a piece of dirt and spray on a 90 degree spray which will lead to a leak possibility.
if you have a retracted penis if it does not come out correctly it may also spray left or right too.

Argent said:
Wish I could give you advice to fix this but last time you asked were the following covered:

2. If you are using powders / lotions / oils / creams make sure you aren’t using too much that will compromise / clog the diaper.

3. Are you hydrated? The more concentrated your wee is the longer it takes the SAP to absorb it.

:hug:

I hadn't even realized that this could happen and yes I was using a lot of rash cream.

I was trying not to drink too much before bed. Just to make sure I read this right drinking too little is also a problem?

I believe I have the other points taken care of. Thanks for the advice.

hex000f said:
I hadn't even realized that this could happen and yes I was using a lot of rash cream.

I was trying not to drink too much before bed. Just to make sure I read this right drinking too little is also a problem?

I believe I have the other points taken care of. Thanks for the advice.

Oh yes hydration is key, drink plenty of water, gentle on anything that can compromise the absorbency and no flooding :)

try betterdry or crinklz diapers they work great for me and I am a side sleeper

you might also try adding a cloth baby pre fold, or a cloth single ply adult size folded to fit in the center. if you are flooding this might slow the run off and help absorb and wick to other parts of your diaper. also as others have said a good pair of plastic pants.

Last edited:
The problem with leaking at night was a problem that bothered me for awhile but I solved it by wearing a bulky cloth pull up diaper and plastic pants. Since I only wear cloth diapers, I found that I leaked from the top back edge of my diaper sticking out from my diaper cover (either PUL or Plastic) and also from the side where the diaper doesn't cover. Cloth pull up diapers absorb very well and with any diaper cover I haven't had any leaks. Also I change into my night diaper just before bed so I start with a dry diaper. I also drink most of my fluids during the day and only what I need to take my night medication. Since I've made these changes I sleep very well relaxed and do not worry about wetting my bed, and wake with a wet diaper, ready for a diaper change like now.

I always wear a cloth terry nappy over my disposable at night + plastic pants and have never leaked yet and I wet about 4-5 times a night(I think?) normally just wake up in a very wet nappy!!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Always only wear diapers that extend up to your waist line near your belly butto (not your belt/hips line). That extra inch or two of padding is needed or as the OP found out you'll run the risk of leaking over the top.

Back