Wanting to make ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaSonic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wanting to do diaper "commercials" for a product from my writings. The problem is I can't draw, especially humans and backgrounds. To make matters worse, I'm in a tight financial position and money is difficult to come by.

The only option for me is text, but I don't know how that would even be set up (plus doing it that way sounds tacky).

You're going to have to explain that a little bit more. Where are these "commercials" going to be seen? Is this a real product?

FurAffinity, primarily. Perhaps here if allowed.

Text only ads are a thing, but they're actually MORE difficult to do than just having images.

People can zoom by a billboard at 90 MPH with a yellow M on a red background and go "Ah, McDonalds." If you wrote out the name in black and white, they'd not pay it much heed because it requires too much thought to read while driving.

I think you misunderstood me. Ads for what kind of product (not that it is a furry or dl or whatever, are we talking about another website, a physical product, etc...)?

There are no ads on this site. Some other sites have them (like DD). Typically they conform to some nominal banner size (728x90 is sort of the industry standard) as an image.
You can certainly make text that is rendered in an image for that but to make it attractive (as CuddleWoozle points out) you want to probably do something a little more graphical than text.

There are certainly sites and software packages that will allow you to generate "semicustom" graphics that will greatly improve things.

These aren't real products. This is a purely fictional line of diapers.

then what's the point of doing that?

Alexia said:
then what's the point of doing that?

I would imagine it's to advertise the writings, not the fictional product.

Like how fans of Fallout will buy stuff with "Nuka-Cola" on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back