I kind of like the newer Molicare Super Plus Diapers

Maxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have a local store that sells them, I went in and bought a package and when I got to the car I opened them and realized they were the wrong ones! Some kind of fabric version. So I actually had to exchange them, I was like "Do you have the plastic kind? I'm sorry I opened the bag..." She responds: "Oh you mean the Super Plus?" They were apologetic and were like "Yeah the naming is confusing." The woman ringing me up felt so bad for me. Inside I was like awww, what a pathetic guy I am, can't even buy diapers correctly. And they knew they were for me haha. I should have told her it's fine and that I like them or something. But I kind of wanted to split.

Anyway... The last time I wore them they were purple. Now they're a cute blue. They're still very soft and crinkly, but they're so comfortable that I can't even tell I'm wearing them sometimes. My only complaint is that I'm between sizes, but I think I'd feel better wearing a medium to bed, it will be big though. And I'm spoiled and miss having waistbands and tape landings. I do like the plastic tho. The weird glue pattern is felt through the plastic, could do without that but eh neither here nor there and probably keeps the padding together.

That's my story. Oh and they were like "You can use the back door if you want." I'm actually less shy about things than I used to be, but it was very nice of them. I'll go back when I need some more.

Crossing the names over really confused me. The old purple one was "Molicare super plus" which no longer exists. The most similar new name is "Molicare premium slip super plus", but like all the products with 'premium' in the name, that one is cloth backed. The equivalent of the original purple super plus (now in blue, as it always was in much of mainland Europe) is now called "Molicare Slip Maxi". (Not the "premium slip maxi" - that's a cloth backed one again!)

I'm not entirely sure how much they've changed from the old purple ones. They are very soft, but the old ones were quite soft too. To me the plastic feels slightly thinner, but there was some gap between running out of the purple ones and getting new blue ones. I like that they are plastic backed but not noisy at all. There's a little rustling noise, but no more than many cloth backed ones and the feel is much smoother.

The reason I stopped getting them is that it's very hard to find the smalls. The manufacturer lists a small but it's clearly not very popular and finding it with the mixed naming is difficult. The small in the purple fitted me perfectly. Now the medium runs from 90-120cm and I'm 85cm so it's a little on the large side.

Crinkly? They are one of the more quiet plastic backed diapers.

mayhem said:
Crinkly? They are one of the more quiet plastic backed diapers.

Pretty crinkly to me, I do find the plastic very thin and the padding a little thinner than I'd like, also the SAP is pretty minimal so they don't swell up and they tend to feel pretty wet. Not the best overnight diaper, maybe better during the day?

I love Molicare Slip supers. I love the medical blue colour.

Back