I miss it, how do you deal?

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So for awhile now I’ve been living with new roommates at a new apartment. Not only with everything pretty much being out of stock as of late. Last time I had roommates they found out and that experience pretty much scarred me. They made fun of me for my habits and what I do, and it’s been a pretty big mental barrier to get around this year. I have new roommates now and I haven’t tried having diapers around at all this time. I’ve decided that I’m just gonna wait. Maybe till I live alone, maybe until I decided to just be really patient, I’m not sure. I really miss being able to do it and I’m too scared to try again.

What do you guys do when you are without either do to living situations or just low stock?

I'd probably try to wear them under my clothes a bit and sneak around. I know I can find some to wear somewhere.

I haven't been without good quality diapers in several years, and without occasional diapers before that for years.

When I was without diapers though, at times I managed alright, and other times I was in a really rough spot (but that's because of mental health issues and the abuses I suffered at my last job; I mean I'm sure nothing I endured was illegal, but it was not good for my mental health to keep working there.

But if I had roommates I would probably go as far as to endure private teasing, but idk what I would do if it were like a public spectacle.

BabyTyrant said:
I haven't been without good quality diapers in several years, and without occasional diapers before that for years.

When I was without diapers though, at times I managed alright, and other times I was in a really rough spot (but that's because of mental health issues and the abuses I suffered at my last job; I mean I'm sure nothing I endured was illegal, but it was not good for my mental health to keep working there.

But if I had roommates I would probably go as far as to endure private teasing, but idk what I would do if it were like a public spectacle.
Ouch man that sounds rough, I never did make it public spectical. I just had snoopy roommates who dug through my stuff and found out that way, and other times when I thought I was alone and turns out I wasn’t...

- - - Updated - - -

Maxy said:
I'd probably try to wear them under my clothes a bit and sneak around. I know I can find some to wear somewhere.

Tried some of that last year. It’s an idea but no one I really wanna go for. Really worried they’d see a waist band, hear crinkling, or smell baby powder...

BabyLink9 said:
Ouch man that sounds rough, I never did make it public spectical. I just had snoopy roommates who dug through my stuff and found out that way, and other times when I thought I was alone and turns out I wasn’t...

- - - Updated - - -

Tried some of that last year. It’s an idea but no one I really wanna go for. Really worried they’d see a waist band, hear crinkling, or smell baby powder...

I wear a lot under my clothes and go without baby powder because I'm afraid that will tip someone off fast. I want baby powder though. :/ We could be roomies that'd be cool with me. Diaper buds :D

BabyLink9 said:

- - - Updated - - -

I've been on that road before, and it sucks.
I live with my mother and before I had a drivers license and a job it was very hard for me to wear.
You're talking about that they might hear crinkling or smell baby powder, well it might be a good idea to forget these things for now.

You want to wear a diaper, well as you realise it's not that easy at the moment, so what about pullups? They atleast give you the feeling of a diaper. Forget the baby powder for a while, and all the other stuff that you usually do.
I always hide the diapers in the travel case of my DJ setup, and when they are used I put them in a plastic bag and hid it away and sneak it to the trash ASAP.

Now when I have a car, I keep my diapers in there, and when I need one i put one in my backpack.
I wear while working sometimes as well, seems like nobody ever notices anything, even though it's a Tena Maxi.
I drive past a gas station and throw them in the bin there.

You definitely have a temporary alternative.
If I could do it with a nosey mother who was cleaning the entire house every day, I bet you can do it with a few room mates :)
As long as you wear long enough shirts or put your boxers above your diaper they won't see the waistband either.

:hug: BabyLink9, sorry your old roommates were ass hats but you actually owe it to yourself to be happy and for most of us diapees is a big part of that.

It’s true when you live with people the chance of them seeing a waistband or hearing a crinkle or smelling (lovely) baby powder or finding a balled up diaper in the bin or receiving a large box on your behalf that for some stupid reason has DIAPERS INSIDE FOR THE ADDRESSEE plastered all over it (yeah I exaggerate) but it actually doesn’t really destroy your life if you have to say to them “it’s a personal private thing and I need you to treat me with some dignity in this matter.”

I get the fear of dealing with another bully, truth is though bullies are weak minded emotional vampires that drain your happiness that need to cut off from their food source.

Regarding waiting until you live by yourself if waiting works for you (and I can’t see how with so many amazing diapers available now) great but when weighed up against the old saying of “tomorrow is promised to no one so love today” do you actually think you should deny yourself?

Regarding so many diapers out of stock GAH yes that is a real thing, often you gotta have several favourites and when you can order pick the best of what’s available.

:hug:

Argent said:
:hug: BabyLink9, sorry your old roommates were ass hats but you actually owe it to yourself to be happy and for most of us diapees is a big part of that.

It’s true when you live with people the chance of them seeing a waistband or hearing a crinkle or smelling (lovely) baby powder or finding a balled up diaper in the bin or receiving a large box on your behalf that for some stupid reason has DIAPERS INSIDE FOR THE ADDRESSEE plastered all over it (yeah I exaggerate) but it actually doesn’t really destroy your life if you have to say to them “it’s a personal private thing and I need you to treat me with some dignity in this matter.”

I get the fear of dealing with another bully, truth is though bullies are weak minded emotional vampires that drain your happiness that need to cut off from their food source.

Regarding waiting until you live by yourself if waiting works for you (and I can’t see how with so many amazing diapers available now) great but when weighed up against the old saying of “tomorrow is promised to no one so love today” do you actually think you should deny yourself?

Regarding so many diapers out of stock GAH yes that is a real thing, often you gotta have several favourites and when you can order pick the best of what’s available.

:hug:

Thanks the for words of encouragement! Your are right I should be treating myself well. Just gotta deal with the stock issues and then find good days to do what I want. Most likely gonna have to go with the late night approach, and find a plan for throwing diapers away. I’ve tried quite a bit of stuff and I haven’t been able to buy my favorite for quite some time now. It’s the ABU preschool and that one I haven’t had for almost a year now. I wanted to try the kiddos in medium too but now that one is also out...

It’s all just a big waiting game now I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

hiddendutchman said:
I've been on that road before, and it sucks.
I live with my mother and before I had a drivers license and a job it was very hard for me to wear.
You're talking about that they might hear crinkling or smell baby powder, well it might be a good idea to forget these things for now.

You want to wear a diaper, well as you realise it's not that easy at the moment, so what about pullups? They atleast give you the feeling of a diaper. Forget the baby powder for a while, and all the other stuff that you usually do.
I always hide the diapers in the travel case of my DJ setup, and when they are used I put them in a plastic bag and hid it away and sneak it to the trash ASAP.

Now when I have a car, I keep my diapers in there, and when I need one i put one in my backpack.
I wear while working sometimes as well, seems like nobody ever notices anything, even though it's a Tena Maxi.
I drive past a gas station and throw them in the bin there.

You definitely have a temporary alternative.
If I could do it with a nosey mother who was cleaning the entire house every day, I bet you can do it with a few room mates :)
As long as you wear long enough shirts or put your boxers above your diaper they won't see the waistband either.

I’ve used pull ups a ton in the past and to be honest I’m getting pretty sick of them. They really aren’t meant for grown ups. I always have to be so careful or they leak. Baby powder I’ll just have to take a break with for awhile.

Well you could try Gold Bond medicated powder instead of Baby Powder, I've never actually used Baby Powder and I have found that Gold Bond works pretty good for me, and I have started using Rite-Aids own brand of Desitin.

Many people use baby powder daily and most of them are not ABDL's. My parents have used baby powder pretty much their whole lives. I have used it every day since I started dressing myself and still do whether I am in a diaper or not (I normally only wear a diaper a few hours a week).

Hi BabyLink9 -

I'm with others here... yes, it will be harder to wear with roommates, but I don't think you should give in and put these desires on hold for such a long time. For something quite so innocent, I agree you should be treating yourself to the pleasures they provide.

Are there even times when your roommates head home for family events, or holidays, where you stick around (alone) a bit longer... just be sneaky, and you should be fine. Take your used ones out in your bag the next day and sneakily dump in public trash can...

All this assuming you are able to buy the ones you desire...

Wishing you all the best, and many hours of padded pleasure!
A.

BabyLink9 said:
Thanks the for words of encouragement! Your are right I should be treating myself well. Just gotta deal with the stock issues and then find good days to do what I want. Most likely gonna have to go with the late night approach, and find a plan for throwing diapers away. I’ve tried quite a bit of stuff and I haven’t been able to buy my favorite for quite some time now. It’s the ABU preschool and that one I haven’t had for almost a year now. I wanted to try the kiddos in medium too but now that one is also out...

It’s all just a big waiting game now I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve used pull ups a ton in the past and to be honest I’m getting pretty sick of them. They really aren’t meant for grown ups. I always have to be so careful or they leak. Baby powder I’ll just have to take a break with for awhile.

You're right, but better than nothing, right?

GDNTSKID said:
That's pretty tough to hear. It angers me that your old roommates snooped around in your personal space, then have the audacity to make fun of you after the fact. It's an invasion of your personal space. I'm even surprised they owned up to it. You'll get through it and be even better because of it. You do owe it to yourself to indulge when you want to, assumed that it is in the privacy of what I'm assuming is your own personal space (room). We've all been there either living with someone or roommates and the inconvenience it often brings when you seek personal time. I've never had roommates that would snoop around in each others rooms. We had an understanding that that was our space unless invited or given permission to come in. Also, when I had roommates, I would never leave anything out in the open.

What I used to do to get around it was keep an empty suitcase in my closet (when not traveling) and I would put diapers and other baby items in there. I would lock it every time I didn't need it and took the keys with me. Even if my roommate wouldn't come in my room, I did it just in case. I used to wear Goodnites more back then because they were more discreet. They come in small packages and don't take up too much space so I found that to work for me. I would "feel-out" your new roommates before indulging to get a gist of if they are respectful of your space. Maybe it will be more motivation to get your own place. Best of luck.
Oh yeah imagine how I felt. It wasn’t them looking around in my stuff just for the sake of it. He was looking for like paper towels or something and came across my stash. Then after that I became really stupid about hiding used ones... Some on them some on me. But yeah I was pretty pissed and annoyed by the whole thing. I think I have a much better place for hidding then this time considering it’s a new apartment and I don’t think my rooms will dig through my stuff. Still could use a locking suitcase. As always the problem is when. 1. Everything I wanna order is out. 2. Gotta be patient with and when my roomies are around which is quite often right now. Pretty young still as an adult so they don’t have anywhere else to be other then here.

- - - Updated - - -

Soakingboy said:
Hi BabyLink9 -

I'm with others here... yes, it will be harder to wear with roommates, but I don't think you should give in and put these desires on hold for such a long time. For something quite so innocent, I agree you should be treating yourself to the pleasures they provide.

Are there even times when your roommates head home for family events, or holidays, where you stick around (alone) a bit longer... just be sneaky, and you should be fine. Take your used ones out in your bag the next day and sneakily dump in public trash can...

All this assuming you are able to buy the ones you desire...

Wishing you all the best, and many hours of padded pleasure!
A.

It’s all about timing and for that stock to come back. I’m thinking I’m gonna give it a go just need the right moment.

Back