Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incontinence because of ABDL?

I’m not a medical doctor or any other kind of expert on the voluntary control of urination. From what I’ve read in this and similar forums, some people wear diapers 24/7/365 for years and still retain the ability to control urination voluntarily. In fact, quite a few people try to become incontinent by wearing and using diapers but fail to do so. Especially common are reports of people who want to start wetting at night while they are asleeep but can never stop being awakened by the sensation of a full bladder. However, of course, still other people become incontinent because of a medical problem and are forced to start wearing diapers to keep their pants dry on the outside. Will you become incontinent if you wear diapers 24/7/365? Maybe, but my guess is that you probably won’t.
    Last edited by Inconinmiss; 24-Oct-2018 at 20:15. Reason: Typo

I had bladder control before wearing diapers. If I stop wearing, I find that I may have more sudden urges. But the control remains. After several days everything goes back to normal. If Iím wearing a diaper to bed, I still wake up with a full bladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Inconinmiss View Post
    Iím not a medical doctor or any other kind of expert on the voluntary control of urination. From what Iíve read in this and similar forums, some people wear diapers 24/7/365 for years and still retain the ability to control urination voluntarily. In fact, quite a few people try to become incontinent by wearing and using diapers but fail to do so. Especially common are reports of people who want to start wetting at night while they are asleeep but can never stop being awakened by the sensation of a full bladder. However, of course, still other people become incontinent because of a medical problem and are forced to start wearing diapers to keep their pants dry on the outside. Will you become incontinent if you wear diapers 24/7/365? Maybe, but my guess is that you probably wonít.
    There is a lot more to it than is at first appears. The fact is that there are a number of ABDLs that went 24/7 and ended up incontinent. It was probably something they wanted in the first place, but it happened just the same.

I dont think the question is simple at all and includes issues of people being actually incontinent but only when in diapers. Yes, it is psychological, but that doesnt make it not true.