I want to wear diapers other than depends

KyleXY

DL with autism
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
hey everybody

I am tired of having to buy depends at the drug store. i want some variety. in order for me to do that i have to tell my mom & dad(maybe just my mom). i feel like telling them would be an immediate stress reliever. that way i could go on the internet and buy some ABDL diapers that i would like to wear at home and in college. my parents are a little over protective and if i order diapers on line or other baby stuff they would want to know what is in the package even though it would be unmarked. my mom and dad are so like the need to know kind of parents. You see i have autism and i don't feel right keeping this a secret from them. in my other thread called "what do i do while still living with parents? i posted that i already told my mom that i wear for stress however i have come to the reality that i want to be an adult baby. i have wanted someone to know that my whole life. The whole time I was growing up i have wanted to be a baby again. That would make me happy

What I would say is take it slow with your mom and dad. They are vanilla and if you hit them with to much info at ones they might over react. But when you do let them know let them ask you any questions they may have and answer them truthfully I did and my mom has wormed up to it over time. At start she was ageist it then she ask about 20 45 questions and I answered them and now she cool with it.

And for the diaper on the outer hand try your best to buy local if you can if not Amazon has some nice ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: KyleXY
Perhaps you could get a PO box, a parcel locker or even a friend to have items shipped to if you decide against revealing your ABDL side to your parents.

I hope your parents are understanding. Best of luck :)

I would let them know how you feel and what you want in a diaper.Life is short...so enjoy all you can do.

I remember that feeling well, being stuck with store-bought brands and too nervous to tell the folks or just order some primo diapers anyway in the hopes that you could get them an hide them before your parents intercept the package.

Much of the advice you received so far has been pretty sound. I often suggest telling the parents only if you are comfortable with letting them know and only if you think the conversation would go over well. I never told my parents or family members because I am pretty sure they would not be accepting and I don't need any strain in a perfectly healthy, civil and friendly relationship with them. So, only confide in your parents if you think it's going to be a positive and constructive experience. If you have doubts, wait things out and continue keeping this to yourself for the time being.

As far as what you can do to get better diapers... have you considered looking up medical supply stores in your area? I was lucky, when I was growing up there was a medical supply store a block from my house. It was only around for a few years and I had to save like mad to swing their prices, but that store allowed me to try top quality medical brands like Abena M4/L4s and Molicares. So do a search of your city and see if there is a medical supply store near you, you can easily get high-end medical brands and maybe even some actual AB brands from those places.

I will also second BabyRxn's suggestion of a P.O. Box. Consider looking into that as well.

Best of luck to you :)

You have abiner shipped to Walmart and pick them up there

I second looking for medical supply stores near you. Second to that you can order diapers from Northshore and have it shipped to a "hold at location" other than your house.

As for the baby stuff, all the basics can be bought at most any pharmacy.

Baby powder, diaper creams/lotions and wipes should be available at any normal grocery store as well.
Probably not the widest selection of scents and brands but they should have some of those things.

Stay with plain white diapers like Betterdry or North shores,premium plastic backed diapers if you need to wear the betterdry are the plain white version of the Crinklz diapers . As time hoes on you can order a few cute diapers ie Crinklz to change things up a bit I am incontinent and no intrest in AB but I due enjoy a cute diaper as does my wife she likes the crinklz the best when I wear them.

i have been busy with college business that is why i haven't posted in a while. I didn't tell my mom about wanting to be an adult baby. it's not her business and she probably doesn't want to hear it from me anyways. though i did have an emotional bond with my mom yesterday evening. i drop out of college due to the fact that my creative writing teacher was a pain in the butt to my self-confidence. what he did was invade my personal space without my permission, told me and I quote "down lassie". i didn't get that lassie was a female dog until I talk with my mom about it. furthermore, he intimidated me by stepping too close for comfort and asked me in a cold and fearful way "what do you want help with!!!! today i feel like a new man and i am glad to be finally free of that insensitive prick. right now i am wearing my depends again that reminds me i found out at least one medical supply store that requires some traveling to. Fortunately, i am feeling certain that:smile1: i can avoid being seen buying diapers by someone i know. that is what is new with me. i wish everyone to have fun being adult baby, diaper lover, incontinent and don't let anyone tell you you can't achieve your dreams

KyleXY said:
hey everybody

I am tired of having to buy depends at the drug store. i want some variety. in order for me to do that i have to tell my mom & dad(maybe just my mom). i feel like telling them would be an immediate stress reliever. that way i could go on the internet and buy some ABDL diapers that i would like to wear at home and in college. my parents are a little over protective and if i order diapers on line or other baby stuff they would want to know what is in the package even though it would be unmarked. my mom and dad are so like the need to know kind of parents. You see i have autism and i don't feel right keeping this a secret from them. in my other thread called "what do i do while still living with parents? i posted that i already told my mom that i wear for stress however i have come to the reality that i want to be an adult baby. i have wanted someone to know that my whole life. The whole time I was growing up i have wanted to be a baby again. That would make me happy

Kyle, I have higher functioning Classic Autism too. I am not exactly an adult baby, but I do have some adult baby tendencies. I don't know wear diapers, but a lot of stuff I like is childish or childlike. I'm 42 chronologically, but emotionally and socially, unfortunately, I am like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. I am kind of smart, I have a BA degree in Geography, but I really feel like a prodigy 6 year old going to community college when I do go to university. We've had 12 year olds in my community college taking adult level college courses in Chemistry and they've done well (one is already in 4 year university and she's only 13). But just because they can function academically at a college level, that CERTAINLY DOES NOT mean they function like an adult emotionally and socially - are you kidding me?? And the same thing goes for me. It seems that only maybe 2% of people who are adult babies have Autism; however, as far as the Autistic community is concerned, there seems to be an awful lot of people who are adult babies!! I've known quite a couple - some of them probably need to wear diapers for a medical reason but it probably cross-overed into adult baby level. If you are treated like a child, you will soon end up acting like one. My parents are also very overprotective too, just like yours - I still live with them and I do not drive virtually, and they worry even if I walk a half mile down the road from the library that I'm an assistant volunteer at Preschooler Storytime at. In a way, what I'm experiencing is worse than being a 4 year old. I would say if I were a 4 year old, I'd actually be a lot happier. At least I wouldn't get bullied and I also probably wouldn't get yelled at by my parents. And I could ride on children's rides at amusement parks more - often times, I've over the height limitation, although it depends from park to park, but I hate roller coasters (even kiddie coasters), they make me really frightened, so I like circular rides like aerial carousels (think like "Red Baron Airplane" rides). I would also love to wear smocked longalls and jon jons and I could easily do that if I had stayed the size of a 4 year old. The thing about diapers in adult sizes, the only thing you have are Depends and some adult baby diaper companies. I certainly wish Huggies and Pampers were willing to make children's diapers in bigger sizes, for teens and adults. That would be nice. I might even wear them if that happened. Actually, it's good if you are stuck in a situation where there's no bathroom - like in a college final test where leaving the room to go the bathroom would result in your test paper taken away and ending your test. Or on airplanes where the bathroom is really tiny. Having Autism is very difficult and I face a lot of struggles every day. I cannot even hold down a job, I feel that my going to college and all the hard work I did going towards graduation was a waste!!! I feel that even if I had a Ph.D. in rocket science that I would be still totally unemployable. One of my friends who has Asperger Syndrome knows some lady who has Asperger's and she has a Ph.D in Economics and she is working for KFC!! She could have done that job probably with a high school diploma - or even without one. The unemployment rate for Autism is 85%!! Take care - longallsboy

hi longallsboy,
Kyle here. your advice is sound and to the point. I get that most autistic people are adult babies. also that I look through the eyes of a open-minded person. so i know that not all adults who function well academically necessarily function like an adult emotionally and socially. I am just getting to know the human part of life. i have made an effort to avoid humanity and embrace spirituality. I am a born-again christian. however i don't go to church except for weddings and funerals.

on another note, i like the advice about getting a P.O. box. I will consider looking into that. this advice isn't from you but from others who have posted in this thread

hi everybody,

earlier this afternoon I went to medical supply store and bought tena classic briefs.

I can hardly wait to try them on.

hope all is well with the rest of you

KyleXY

KyleXY said:
hi everybody,

earlier this afternoon I went to medical supply store and bought tena classic briefs.

I can hardly wait to try them on.

hope all is well with the rest of you

KyleXY

Yup, better than depends by a long shot. By comparison you will be very pleased. Just remember there are diapers as far beyond tena as tena is beyond depends.

I just looked up tena classic briefs and looked at the diaper and i realized that they are for females and I am a male

I got free samples to go with my bag of tena diapers so i could possibly return the bag and get some diapers for men that have
tapes on them.

Or I could just keep them and use them

what do you think people?

Last edited:
The Tena classic looks to be a regular tabbed diaper - in other words, nothing makes it specifically "for women" or "for men" other than marketing. I'd say go ahead and enjoy the ones you've got.

The only circumstance I can think of where you'd have to consider guys' vs. girls' diapers is with pullups like Goodnites that put more absorbant material in areas suitable for boys or girls.

longallsboy said:
Kyle, I have higher functioning Classic Autism too. I am not exactly an adult baby, but I do have some adult baby tendencies. I don't know wear diapers, but a lot of stuff I like is childish or childlike. I'm 42 chronologically, but emotionally and socially, unfortunately, I am like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. I am kind of smart, I have a BA degree in Geography, but I really feel like a prodigy 6 year old going to community college when I do go to university. We've had 12 year olds in my community college taking adult level college courses in Chemistry and they've done well (one is already in 4 year university and she's only 13). But just because they can function academically at a college level, that CERTAINLY DOES NOT mean they function like an adult emotionally and socially - are you kidding me?? And the same thing goes for me. It seems that only maybe 2% of people who are adult babies have Autism; however, as far as the Autistic community is concerned, there seems to be an awful lot of people who are adult babies!! I've known quite a couple - some of them probably need to wear diapers for a medical reason but it probably cross-overed into adult baby level. If you are treated like a child, you will soon end up acting like one. My parents are also very overprotective too, just like yours - I still live with them and I do not drive virtually, and they worry even if I walk a half mile down the road from the library that I'm an assistant volunteer at Preschooler Storytime at. In a way, what I'm experiencing is worse than being a 4 year old. I would say if I were a 4 year old, I'd actually be a lot happier. At least I wouldn't get bullied and I also probably wouldn't get yelled at by my parents. And I could ride on children's rides at amusement parks more - often times, I've over the height limitation, although it depends from park to park, but I hate roller coasters (even kiddie coasters), they make me really frightened, so I like circular rides like aerial carousels (think like "Red Baron Airplane" rides). I would also love to wear smocked longalls and jon jons and I could easily do that if I had stayed the size of a 4 year old. The thing about diapers in adult sizes, the only thing you have are Depends and some adult baby diaper companies. I certainly wish Huggies and Pampers were willing to make children's diapers in bigger sizes, for teens and adults. That would be nice. I might even wear them if that happened. Actually, it's good if you are stuck in a situation where there's no bathroom - like in a college final test where leaving the room to go the bathroom would result in your test paper taken away and ending your test. Or on airplanes where the bathroom is really tiny. Having Autism is very difficult and I face a lot of struggles every day. I cannot even hold down a job, I feel that my going to college and all the hard work I did going towards graduation was a waste!!! I feel that even if I had a Ph.D. in rocket science that I would be still totally unemployable. One of my friends who has Asperger Syndrome knows some lady who has Asperger's and she has a Ph.D in Economics and she is working for KFC!! She could have done that job probably with a high school diploma - or even without one. The unemployment rate for Autism is 85%!! Take care - longallsboy

I myself am Autistic, along with having spastic diplegia type Cerebral Palsy.
Despite my age of 60, I am more like an 8 year-old socially.
Oh! I am a college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineeringg Technology.
Most of my adult life, I have been unemployed.
I have been on SSDI since 2006.
Sigh...
Many of my Autistic friends who have college degrees are either unemployed or are working in low-end, low-wage shitty jobs.
Here in New Hampshire, Vocational Rehabilitation for the Disabled is a fucking joke.
They did not know what to do with an Autistic like me with Cerebral Palsy who graduated with a 3.0 GPA from Wentworth Institute in Boston, MA, "The Poor Man's MIT".

Dboy3196 said:
What I would say is take it slow with your mom and dad. They are vanilla and if you hit them with to much info at ones they might over react. But when you do let them know let them ask you any questions they may have and answer them truthfully I did and my mom has wormed up to it over time. At start she was ageist it then she ask about 20 45 questions and I answered them and now she cool with it.

And for the diaper on the outer hand try your best to buy local if you can if not Amazon has some nice ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
i want to let you know that my mom finally let me order diapers on amazon.com. I loved coming out to them as a diaper lover. i didn't follow your advice and just flat out told my parents the cold and honest truth. i feel so free now. i have been ordering diapers on amazon so much and i love it

Reactions: DLScottsman and Napincolove
Back