Anyone Else Notice the Commonality of Adult Footed Sleepers on Retail Racks?

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
So, how many of you have gone to Walmart, Target, and other major retail chain stores and find the many choices of adult sized footed pajama sleepers out there?

There are not only pajamas, but childish themed sleepers. Literally of all kinds and themes.

If you think that the world will never accept ABDLism, then how is this possible? They are seriously childish pajamas that are certainly popular items now.

search

While it may seem that the world as a whole is non-accepting of ABDL, I think there is more of a moving toward an understanding and acceptance that you may think. I also would like to surmise that the world is more little and likes things that relate to their childhood than they are willing to admit.

...Else why are there so many adults buying more childish things such as adult sized and childish printed footie sleepers? Maybe I am off my rocker, but there is a part of me that believes that while those of us that admit to being ABDL are still a fragment of society, there is a huge amount of society that if they were true to themselves, they would share they miss their little side and can still relate to the part of who they were, and who is still the same person as who they were when they were a toddler and a child.

Just because you have become an adult, that doesn't dissolve you of your childhood. That is still a big part of who you are.

It only makes sense that you might at times find yourself relating to the softer part of your life where you were, and are the infinitely possibility of all things. That is part of what makes being ABDL and realizing the wholeness of your life is a good thing. Rather than hiding away and putting away your beginnings, you can be the beginning, the middle, and the whole of who you are.

:detective3

That is what makes you, we, and us special. The fact that mainstream society is just now realizing this and reaching out for it through purchasing adult footed sleepers (with very childish prints and designs) is symbolic that we are not alone. But that many others miss their childhood and find such a garment as desirable

TeddyBearCowboy

Society as a whole "used" to be very intolerant of anything childish yet for adults. Thankfully, society has been growing more accepting. Especially amongst the younger generations.

It seems that, especially in the last 10 years, there have been more childish clothing offered to adults. Printed onesies, like you said, but also shirts with cartoons on them, printed pajama pants, the introduction of adult underoos some years ago, plus almost every mainstream store sell underwear with marvel stuff on them. In the last few years I've worn pajamas with Taz from Looney Tunes on them in front of friends and family members, and no one has said anything. I think it's definitely becoming more accepted to hold on to childish things and interests, especially in the context of the flourishing 90s nostalgia going on.

I see its an awesome thing, I just got back from a wal-mart run, I didn't see their usual section of 1 piece sleeper this year, but there was a few sleepers in the women section that were costume themed for halloween with a theme for the family on them. I suppose I'll check back in a few weeks, they usually have new sleepers each year before Christmas.

I've already picked up about five sets of 1 piece sleepers this year from Walmart. :3 I look forward to this time every year because they roll out their new designs. I've got a Llama, a monster, Sully from Monster's Inc., a new fancy giraffe and Share Bear. The one and only drawback for me is that they don't have sewn in feet. :p But I wear socks and it's all good.

I miss the Kmart being around this area...they'd have actual footie sleepers every year and I would get one or two.

If you are wondering, yes, I pretty much have a whole closet worth of these things because I freakin' love them. I have actually gone out in them. I took my mom to the foot doctor dressed as her 'Service Llama'. People looked at me weird and that's what I would tell them. "I am the no-drama-no-problama Service Llama." And now have a standing challenge from the staff to come back to her next appointment as something else interesting. XD

For driving safety I keep the hood down so I can see and so other drivers aren't distracted. *nodnod*

-edit-

I forgot. At Walmart, also check the men's section. They have some over there. I got a dragon one that looks like Elliot from the cartoon version of Pete's Dragon. They also have a baboon with a big pink butt. XD (Which a guy from work smuggled in, dressed as and scared the crap out of someone working in a trailer. :lol: )

I havent been able to find a good footed sleeper in adult size that I like. I have only one I got from k-mart, but that place is gone now (sad)
target/walmart has some but those are not as babyish as I would like them, they are more of an adult/throwback. Which is to be expected, basically no one knows about AB/DL

Most of these don’t have feet, but for the more nerdy among us... www.thinkgeek.com has a ton of their one piece pjs on half off right now. Planing on buying a bunch when I get paid!

As for at stores, Meijer used to have decent footies, but no one around here has them any more... even back when I was in high school I’d buy adult -actual- Dr Denton footies from them.

FeliDaKitten said:
Most of these don’t have feet, but for the more nerdy among us... www.thinkgeek.com has a ton of their one piece pjs on half off right now. Planing on buying a bunch when I get paid!

As for at stores, Meijer used to have decent footies, but no one around here has them any more... even back when I was in high school I’d buy adult -actual- Dr Denton footies from them.

Omg look at these: https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/knrt/ This product has to be aimed at adults that want to regress

Back