1987 Huggies Supertrim XL diapers on ebay

A bit expensive for me.

These were the diapers that I wore as a little one! I remember around age 10 rummaging around the crawlspace for hours thinking there were some leftovers post potty training. Never found them! :)

Anyone else notice that the main diaper shown is a Luvs Deluxe?

This dudes crazy to think someone will dish out over $200 for those

I don't mind someone making a profit, but these vintage diaper prices are ridiculous.

The thing about vintage diapers are they are ultra rare. These were designed to be used and thrown away in many cases when the child grew out of them any leftovers would either be given to a friend or thrown away so these rare diapers that have nostalgic value to some people can command a fortune because there is no new supply and once you use or sell one its just gone so if they can find a buyer more power to them.

12srepaid said:
I don't mind someone making a profit, but these vintage diaper prices are ridiculous.

This one went up for auction and $359 was the ending price. More than one person was willing to pay in this ballpark.

xolyshaxo said:
The thing about vintage diapers are they are ultra rare. These were designed to be used and thrown away in many cases when the child grew out of them any leftovers would either be given to a friend or thrown away so these rare diapers that have nostalgic value to some people can command a fortune because there is no new supply and once you use or sell one its just gone so if they can find a buyer more power to them.

Yup! They're only getting rarer and rarer and if someone with the funds wants it - skys the limit. What people also don't realize what's going on in the background to even uncover collectables like vintage diapers. It's like people think that some person bought 100s of bags from the grocery store for retail and is reselling them haha. It takes a ton of time/effort/costs to actually find anything of value!

I'd have probably paid that for the Muppet Babies ones that came out after these. The Muppet Babies Huggies were involved in my first post-potty training diaper experience/diapering.

Antientmariner said:
This dudes crazy to think someone will dish out over $200 for those

no he isn't, not considering the prices I've seen paid for nostalgia... I think futurama with anchovies showed the ridiculousness of nostalgia... (this is coming from someone who likes anchovies)

Oh wow I remember that episode! I think it was fry who wanted them from some zioberg looking squid.

Anyways I'm thinking about buying some big named diaper brand and holding on to it for 20 years and see if I can sell them for a 2000% profit.

Vintage diapers, to the right buyers, can go for a lot of money. Even newer stuff that was discontinued or changed in one way or another can still command a premium over original prices. Just depends on the market.

The Buyer probly had falling out of their ass. The starting price was $99 why would pay that much for disposables that are 30 years old unless you have money falling out of your ass & don't care or the buyer had no intention of Paying & bided just to fun

Most of us wouldn’t fit in these diapers anyway, so what’s the point of paying a lot of money for something that you can only use it once before you have to throw it away?

bigtoddler96 said:
Most of us wouldn’t fit in these diapers anyway, so what’s the point of paying a lot of money for something that you can only use it once before you have to throw it away?

People who don’t fit can use extenders like this:

Also, some people pay a lot of money for a hooker that they “use once then throw out.” Lol, its pretty common to pay for experiences.

Back