Stuffie and Airport Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleEllis

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
When going through airport security can stuffies go in your bag through the x-ray or do they have to go on the belt in a tray.

I'm stressing out. I don't want my mom to find out because it will make the holiday awkward but I also have realised that I have become reliant on a stuffy to sleep

You are just talking about stuffed animals, right?

I never had problem with going through the xray for a small stuffed animal when I traveled. The only issue I had was all my electronics can sometimes make them go through my bag, so they might end up taking it out when they look through.

Safest thing is to put it in checked luggage with cloths, but you also risk losing it if your luggage is lost.

I have never had to take my stuffies out of my hand luggage.
If you are still worried you could put your friend in a small bag so he can still hide himself when he has to go in the tray.

I've taken my cuddly animal with me several times when flying on holiday. I have him in the bottom of my bag so if I need to take anything out he won't be seen by family and it's never been an issue.

My biggest tip would be to make sure you remove anything you're meant to (electronic devices, bag of liquids under 100ml etc.) into a seperate tray, and don't pack your bag in such a way that it looks like you've tried to hide a strange item inside something else. Basically, don't give them a reason to do a full search of your bag. I don't know where in the world you are. I've never had any complaint with UK security officials, but I hear the TSA are arseholes.

I've taking plushies with me while flying. i just put them in my bag, theres is no problem with it inmy bag while going through airport security

I fly probably 20+ times a year and, knock on wood, haven't had a problem with keeping my teddy in my carry on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pfft. Woozle would be hardcore. Woozle would just carry the plushie in my arms.

Because Woozles don't care what other people think. ;D

LittleEllis said:
I'm stressing out. I don't want my mom to find out because it will make the holiday awkward but I also have realised that I have become reliant on a stuffy to sleep

Don’t worry about your mom finding out. If your mom finds out just say that you’ve found it helps you to think through problems by pretending it’s a person and talking to it. It’s a technique I know as rubber ducky programming. It seems crazy, but the idea is that it allows you to walk through it in a different manner.

You have no worries my friend. Your stuffed animal is not going to raise any issues with security. However, if you still have some concerns, place him in your checked luggage rather than carry-on, and you will not have any issues.

I don't see why a stuffie would raise any flags. I would imagine it would be okay to take through a carry on...

So here's an update. I'm holiday now and I have my stuffy with me. It went though customs just fine

CuddleWoozle said:
Pfft. Woozle would be hardcore. Woozle would just carry the plushie in my arms.

Because Woozles don't care what other people think. ;D

Please teach me how to do that, I am worried about everything everytime D:
Not really about stuffies, but other things D:

SabuInu said:
Please teach me how to do that, I am worried about everything everytime D:
Not really about stuffies, but other things D:

I don't know how to teach it to other people. It's just something that I've always done. XD

I just keep my pillow pet Tigger in my backpack through security. I've done this for like 3+ years, at least 4 times a year with 0 problems.

This is the cutest travel problem anyone can have...

Just make sure you don’t smoke pot or anything else around your stuffie or it can get in the fibers and your stuffie will end up with a body cavity search at security ��

TonkaToy said:
Just make sure you don’t smoke pot or anything else around your stuffie or it can get in the fibers and your stuffie will end up with a body cavity search at security ��

ouch! that sounds painful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back