Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incontinence question regarding sleeping

I think that is the smartest solution on this matter yes. Its no picnic in being older either i can assure you of that dear (however i can defenetly understand that for you younger ones it must be even more shameful and difficult to accept ) You are defenetly NOT alone dear and sadly IC starts to creep further and further down in age with its nasty debut

Acceptance is hard from a longer view point (months, years, decades,...) - not to be so overtly negative. Try acceptance on a daily basis, it is easier, and change up what you wear (be creative, fun, and flexible).

Laughter and humor helps.

The weight of you body organs resting on your bladder is one reason when you set or stand up.

I have a urine bottle next to my bed that i can use.

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-...-prodid-741737

I have urge incontinence and is most prominent during the day. I always wear diapers, day and night; however when I'm getting ready for bed I always change into a clean dry diaper even though I often pee while sleeping. when I wake up I always have to go again. Once I have gone and bladder is empty, I put on a diaper. The diaper I just took off is most likely quite saturated. My fear is that if I go to bed with a damp but not really wet diaper, I will leak during the night and wet the bed. During the day I usually change my diaper three to four times.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz View Post
    I have urge incontinence and is most prominent during the day. I always wear diapers, day and night; however when I'm getting ready for bed I always change into a clean dry diaper even though I often pee while sleeping. when I wake up I always have to go again. Once I have gone and bladder is empty, I put on a diaper. The diaper I just took off is most likely quite saturated. My fear is that if I go to bed with a damp but not really wet diaper, I will leak during the night and wet the bed. During the day I usually change my diaper three to four times.
    I know that if I am already wet before I go to sleep my nappy will most likely leak

I have urge incontinence and I pee throughout the day. I also pee at night too and I have to wear a diaper at night as well. This morning I woke up to a fully saturated diaper, and needed to change it right away. Incontinence affects individuals differently; I would love to not have to wear a diaper at night, it would give my skin a break, but wetting the bed is nasty, and has happened too many times.

I've been using foley catheters and bed side bags for three years now. I have urge incontinence and was getting up 4-5 times per night to go pee. Now all there's just the roll over get comfy type of waking up. No more running to the bathroom all night.

Yes, that's sometimes the case with me, as well. Although I am usually thoroughly wet in the morning, I can rarely wake up almost totally dry and then just get a flood, as soon as I move even a little.