Incontinence question regarding sleeping

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I slept without a diaper on last night and instead slept on a bed pad. I typically go to bed with a pretty dry diaper but wake up pretty wet. Last night I woke up dry but as soon as I sat up it was a flood all over my bed. I typically don’t wake up to go I don’t think anyways. Is that norma? I haven’t been out of diapers for over an year at night or during the day.

Incontinence is unpredictable some days we can go hours with out peeing and make it to the bathroom most times and even get through the night with out peeing. Most nights now my body wakes me up and I start to pee but on nights I remain dry as soon as I wake up and sit up to get out of bed my bladder fully releases. so yes its can be and is normal thats why I never sleep with out a diaper even for a short nap.

as for you normaly waking up to a wet diaper there are two factors to consider first is your Incontinence issue and second is your subconscious it knows when you are diapered and has learned its ok to release your bladder when needed but not when you are not wearing. but your issue causing your incontinence will release your bladder at any time diaperd or not.

best thing is not to skip the diaper unless you are airing out and sitting in an absorbant pad unless you want a random puddle to form :)

I wouldn't dream of sleeping without a nappy now just for such reasons. I'm bound to flood at some point.

Yes, that's very normal needing to pee when you get up. For two reasons. It will depend on which position you sleep in, and your blood pressure.

For me, I am fully funtionally incontnent and have zero ability to hold even a small amount. I also sleep on my side, which puts pressure on my urethra and clamps me off just enough to stop me from peeing half the time. I sometimes wake up wet, and sometimes I wake up with an slight urge to pee. It only takes me one deep breath to put enough pressure on my bladder and it will all empty out. Sleeping on my back though, I'm guaranteed to sleep right through it and wake up wet.

Also, when you change position from lying to sitting or standing, your blood pressure will naturally spike up some. This added pressure forces the urine in your kidneys to finish filtering out and into your bladder. Your bladder pressure will then go up some, and that sudden increase is a very common trigger to make people need to pee. Take note too, this process can be nearly instant or have up to a minute delay, of which depends on a number of factors.

I have urge incontinence; and getting up after sitting or lying down for some time frequently triggers an irresistible “urge”.

Same here - I normally wake up wet in the morning, and almost immediately after getting out of bed and standing up I have an uncontrollable flood. I used to try to make it to the bathroom, knowing it was going to happen, but after failing miserably at it have just resigned myself to the routine and let the flood gates open. Overnights and mornings are the worst for me, as I will typically urinate several times in the first 60-90 minutes, but things seem to settle down some the rest of the day.

Inconinmiss: I have urge IC too but it mainly affect me during the day and not so much when I get up in the morning with a full bladder.

I would not be caught in bed without a diaper. I go to bed usually dry sometimes just beginning to use the diaper and wake up totally soaked. I cannot go long without changing after I wake up. It would crush me to ruin a mattress mine or someone else's I were staying at or at a hotel either.

Lets just say that i have my IC bed wear and mattress cover for a reason not for my enjoyment. As well as wearing diapers 24 / 7 ive stained enough mattresses and bed-wear over my time

Id strongly suggest you try to accept the fact that youre in need of diapers also at night im afraid

Missy1 said:
Lets just say that i have my IC bed wear and mattress cover for a reason not for my enjoyment. As well as wearing diapers 24 / 7 ive stained enough mattresses and bed-wear over my time

Id strongly suggest you try to accept the fact that youre in need of diapers also at night im afraid

Thank you all for the responses! I haven’t gone without a diaper since that night thank goodness. It’s rough being 36 and admitting to your self that diapers are not an option. Either wear them or have wet pants and a wet bed or what ever your sitting on. Just glad I’m not alone.

I think that is the smartest solution on this matter yes. Its no picnic in being older either i can assure you of that dear (however i can defenetly understand that for you younger ones it must be even more shameful and difficult to accept ) You are defenetly NOT alone dear and sadly IC starts to creep further and further down in age with its nasty debut :frown:

Acceptance is hard from a longer view point (months, years, decades,...) - not to be so overtly negative. Try acceptance on a daily basis, it is easier, and change up what you wear (be creative, fun, and flexible).

Laughter and humor helps.

I have urge incontinence and is most prominent during the day. I always wear diapers, day and night; however when I'm getting ready for bed I always change into a clean dry diaper even though I often pee while sleeping. when I wake up I always have to go again. Once I have gone and bladder is empty, I put on a diaper. The diaper I just took off is most likely quite saturated. My fear is that if I go to bed with a damp but not really wet diaper, I will leak during the night and wet the bed. During the day I usually change my diaper three to four times.

alwayz said:
I have urge incontinence and is most prominent during the day. I always wear diapers, day and night; however when I'm getting ready for bed I always change into a clean dry diaper even though I often pee while sleeping. when I wake up I always have to go again. Once I have gone and bladder is empty, I put on a diaper. The diaper I just took off is most likely quite saturated. My fear is that if I go to bed with a damp but not really wet diaper, I will leak during the night and wet the bed. During the day I usually change my diaper three to four times.

I know that if I am already wet before I go to sleep my nappy will most likely leak

I have urge incontinence and I pee throughout the day. I also pee at night too and I have to wear a diaper at night as well. This morning I woke up to a fully saturated diaper, and needed to change it right away. Incontinence affects individuals differently; I would love to not have to wear a diaper at night, it would give my skin a break, but wetting the bed is nasty, and has happened too many times.

I've been using foley catheters and bed side bags for three years now. I have urge incontinence and was getting up 4-5 times per night to go pee. Now all there's just the roll over get comfy type of waking up. No more running to the bathroom all night.

Yes, that's sometimes the case with me, as well. Although I am usually thoroughly wet in the morning, I can rarely wake up almost totally dry and then just get a flood, as soon as I move even a little.

I wake up dry maybe once a week now but I occasionally I do wake up with a dry diaper and a little disappointed just because I feel like I have wasted it but if I wear diapers to bed I am going to soak them period no question about it it doesn't bother me though

xpluswearer said:
I would not be caught in bed without a diaper. I go to bed usually dry sometimes just beginning to use the diaper and wake up totally soaked. I cannot go long without changing after I wake up. It would crush me to ruin a mattress mine or someone else's I were staying at or at a hotel either.

I always carry a waterproof matress protector if i stay anywhere but my own bed, and my own bed has on on it too.. Should never go to a hotel or someone elses property without one.. accidents do happen, not all pads are 100% safe

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Back