ABU Little Pawz / Space / Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlson said:
Hello! So my next diaper investment is either going to be a case of Abu little pawz, space, or simple. From what I’ve heard, these should be the same diaper, just different prints. Has anyone tried these before? What are they like? Does the print rub off from the pawz and space? Is the absorbency good? Just any bits of information would be much appreciated! What you liked,and didn’t like, and whether you would recommend them. This is going to be my first big order of diapers, so I want the best experience possible! Thanks!

I recently bought space diapers. They are awesome. I always enjoy ABU diapers. I haven't had any problems with the print rubbing off. The only downside I have with ABU's diapers is the tapes don't like to stick after a while. Other than that, They make awesome diapers. whichever diaper you choose is up to you.

I'm currently 4 days in for testing the new V2's for the ABU simples (I would have gone with the Peek ABUs but when I was at Diaper Depot in GA they didn't have any).

Anyways, so far I'm finding they will last me about 12-14 hours during the day before leaking. I sleep on my side too, and most nights they are not quite absorbent enough, and will leak a little. This is very comparable to Betterdry/Crinklz, which since they were cheapened up now only last 14-16 hours for me before leaking.

Comparatively, the Little paws and Space diapers will leak on me within 8 hours. This is because these diapers do not have any lower tapes, which prevents getting a decent seal around the legs. Wearing one size smaller does compensate for this though, but will then tend to leak over the top instead.

Slomo, you mean Simple Ultra, V2 implies it is the same diaper with minor improvements, the Ultra version is completely different and in a higher class than regular Simple.

I wonder why they never did an Ultra version of any other diaper, I bet people would love it and sales would be great.

Last edited:
Trevor said:
Regarding the color rubbing off for LittlePawz: I've never worn them but from what others reported, it seemed like the problem could also manifest with plastic pants making the diaper sweat.

I've worn Space and while they're a great diaper, they're a little more than I typically need for most uses. I like the core art on LittlePawz but I've never taken to the checkerboard green. I'd certainly wear them if offered but it just doesn't quite work for me. I will probably pick up some Simples one of these days since I like white diapers and that kind of thickness is fun now and again. Generally, I'm happier with their lower capacity products.

Never done the ABU padding, but I can confirm that a diaper cover WILL transfer bits of ink. I've had it happen a few times with the Dotty Pink Ponys and Crinklz (all prints). I really have no problem with it doing so because it just goes onto the inside of the diaper cover and you can't see it unless you've got them turned wrong-way-around.

Worn all three diapers, love all three and keep stock in all three types, that being said, the little paws are my favorite because of the print. I've only had ink rub off a hand full of times, all were in the summer when I was very sweaty. It is also recommended not to use lotions in the leg areas while wearing these due to the chance that the lotion will cause ink to run easier.

CuddleWoozle said:
Never done the ABU padding, but I can confirm that a diaper cover WILL transfer bits of ink. I've had it happen a few times with the Dotty Pink Ponys and Crinklz (all prints). I really have no problem with it doing so because it just goes onto the inside of the diaper cover and you can't see it unless you've got them turned wrong-way-around.

ABU's Space is supposed to avoid this problem as the ink is not on the surface layer. I'm not sure if there are any other diapers that fit into this category. I don't generally wear barrier pants eith disposables.

Trevor said:
ABU's Space is supposed to avoid this problem as the ink is not on the surface layer. I'm not sure if there are any other diapers that fit into this category. I don't generally wear barrier pants eith disposables.

Any wetness indicator inks must be on the inside layer. So the outer shell must be at least somewhat transparent. It would seem to be easier/cheaper to print the entire shell art on the same side, so I don't know why paws prints the paw tracks on the inside and the rest of the artwork on the outside?

BabyTyrant said:
Slomo, you mean Simple Ultra, V2 implies it is the same diaper with minor improvements, the Ultra version is completely different and in a higher class than regular Simple.

I wonder why they never did an Ultra version of any other diaper, I bet people would love it and sales would be great.

Yes, sorry. ABU simple ultra, which is the same diaper as PeekABU, but without the prints. And yes, their version 2 is recently improved. Helena did tell me the v2 is coming for the PeekABU's as well, it just hasn't hit our market yet.

I did finish testing them too. I found that after about 14 hours the shell would rip on me. This happened two times where I stuck the lower tapes directly on the shell (below the landing zone), and even one time where the landing zone tore at a top tape. And I never tape them on tight, just snug like I do with my Crinklz diapers and they almost never tear like that except for defects.

Of the 10 I tested, 5 leaked on me. Not good since that's a 50% failure rate, but in their defence I was purposely taking them to their limits. 3 times because of the tearing, and twice they leaked over the top while I was sleeping (I went to bed dry too). I also had one leak at my legs after wearing it for about 12 hours. I was sitting in a chair for a long time when that one happened too. Of note, they never leaked on me before I hit 12 hours in the same diaper during the day- which is a definite good thing. I do feel the leaking over the top was because they fit me somewhat small. I'm only 5'-10" and have a 38" belt line, and the larges still did not extend up to my waist line. It's as if I almost needed extra larges to get a comparable fit like I do with betterdry/crinklz.

What I really liked about the simple ultras was they would not clump and did not sag. This included one day when I was painting my house. They held up nicely even with me being so active. The diaper does swell up some, but comparatively not a whole lot. Overall they didn't seem to be overly thick even when swollen. Wicking is decent, as was their capacity before leaking.

The shell itself is pretty quiet and feels soft. I don't care for the landing zone though. It is much louder and crinkly than it should be (think 80's depends) plus it doesn't extend down low enough for where the lower tape needs to be attached. The tapes themselves hold like a champ, but that's kind of a bad thing since you can't remove the lower tapes without completely destroying the shell. The top tapes can be repositioned as often as you want thanks to the landing zone though, but be warned they peel off very loudly.

Overall I'd say these are good diapers worth being called premium. Just don't wear one for more than 12 hours or overnight as a side sleeper, or they become ticking time bombs for leaks. I'd like to see some more revisions be put into the landing zone, definitely extending it down further and maybe making it quieter. The addition of more sap, or concentrating the sap to the front and middle only could be another possible improvement.

Lastly, price. I tested only one pack of 10 larges for $40. That puts them at $4.00 per diaper, or $8.00 per day, which makes them horribly expensive. However, when ordered by the double case of 80 for $180 that would make them $2.25 each- or $4.50 per day. This is a reasonable price, and certainly worth it the long run.

Slomo said:
Lastly, price. I tested only one pack of 10 larges for $40. That puts them at $4.00 per diaper, or $8.00 per day, which makes them horribly expensive. However, when ordered by the double case of 80 for $180 that would make them $2.25 each- or $4.50 per day. This is a reasonable price, and certainly worth it the long run.

Try Northshore's Mega

Love the simple. Half way through a 30pk. They are not something I would wear out of the house due to them being a bit bulky and the way they swell up, I primarily used them of over night use. Nice wide tapes that hold very well and plenty of room to (for lack of better words) "point yourself down".

bambinod said:
Try Northshore's Mega

Already ordered. I'll add a review for them elsewhere once I've thuroughly tested them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back