Are there ever gonna be any really good Anime Based Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
From what I have seen so far every games based off of an anime series in recent gaming history has been a half assed attempt at gaming, probably just enough effort was put into the games to make them look good so anime crazy fans that do Video Gaming may be tempted to buy the games.

I'm looking directly at you SAO games, Seven Deadly Sins Games; etc.

I've played Video Games based on Anime before, and my far most games based on Anime just aren't that great, and usually dont last that long.

I once found an Avatar (TLA, not the tribal blue people) DS game, in a rain puddle outside of a KFC, and it worked perfectly, I think even after a few hours of repeats I was still done with the game in maybe 2 or 3 days (and I wasnt just playing the game all day long either)

Seriously doubt it :(

I can’t understand how SAO the concept is peeps in a 1st person mode living there and the stupid games are 3rd person WTF.

I do think the reverse is probably more likely that an amazing game will eventually get a great anime adaption.

Argent said:
Seriously doubt it :(

I can’t understand how SAO the concept is peeps in a 1st person mode living there and the stupid games are 3rd person WTF.

I do think the reverse is probably more likely that an amazing game will eventually get a great anime adaption.

Not only that, but also from what I heard there is very little to the games and the few bosses involved in the SAO games are both too easy to kill, and they require a specific pattern of attack you cant break free of if you hope to beat the game.

Nobody wants a game where you get to the final boss and the attack pattern is something like X, O, back off, Triangle, Square; repeat.

And I mean its basically perfect source material to make into a game, if they make it right; it's not fun if the game dictates how you have to play.

Now they are close to releasing a My Hero Academia video game, it would be great if it were actually good, hut of course I'm not gonna get my hopes up and will have to just wait and see.

AFAIK the only good anime based video games in recent years have been the last 2 or 3 DBZ/DBS games, and perhaps the Naruto games (though I have only played Xenoverse 1 and I have not played any of the Naruto games yet)

On this topic (and especially mentioning My Hero) City Of Titans looks AMAZING and the catch phrase “Make Anyone” has me excited we might be able to play if not the game we all individually want maybe adapt the game to what we want? Don’t mean to hijack the thread but something open might be the key?

Argent said:
On this topic (and especially mentioning My Hero) City Of Titans looks AMAZING and the catch phrase “Make Anyone” has me excited we might be able to play if not the game we all individually want maybe adapt the game to what we want? Don’t mean to hijack the thread but something open might be the key?

Yeah, being able to "customize" your character or decide your characters choices do make games seem a little better than if there is no customization in a terrible game.

I really liked all the Naruto games I played. I played the first 3 (or maybe just the first 2). There wasn't much customization but I thought they did a great job with the game play. The early one(s) didn't have as much of an open world, but traveling along the path and the fighting was fun. I liked learning the different Jutsus, learning how to wip em out in milliseconds was really awesome and rewarding. The graphics and free roam was improved with the newer ones and the fighting was still great (not sure if I preferred the more "standard" combos vs the joystick Jutsus). The new one piece game looks fun but I haven't played it and I played an Inuyasha game at a hotel once that was fun (I think maybe it was for snes or Sega maybe? I'm not sure, I just rented it through the TV). But there are definitely more non-anime compared to anime games and a lot of anime games are pretty meh. So seeing more good ones would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabyTyrant said:
I once found an Avatar (TLA, not the tribal blue people) DS game, in a rain puddle outside of a KFC, and it worked perfectly, I think even after a few hours of repeats I was still done with the game in maybe 2 or 3 days (and I wasnt just playing the game all day long either)

There is a Legend Of Korra Game on steam, worth playing if you can get it at a good price (can't remember how much I payed for it)

Yeah I think there should be more anime based games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back