Testing the limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnites24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So I’m testing the limits of a crinklz diaper and it’s already super squishy but the top in the back is still bone dry. I was wondering if any of you had tricks to get my pee to get there? I don’t care what position I have to take I just want to get my full usage out of this diaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: the insides of this crinklz feels like actual liquid. It’s definitely time for a change but I have to wait at least two hours for a change. This has ought to be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have to lie on your back. Have fun!

If this up the back rear distribution is your quest, you could add a trifolded cloth prefold inside at first, the wicking action of the cloth would make it happen.
Otherwise as noted, theres always gravity.

Yeah crinklz is one of those diapers that has both a lot of swell and fairly good wicking capabilities. The padding does tend to get pretty squishy when wet, and there's a sort of built-in booster in the crotch area that can start to separate from the main padding too. For as much sap as is apparently in them, they still tend to feel damp when wet though.

bambinod said:
Yeah crinklz is one of those diapers that has both a lot of swell and fairly good wicking capabilities. The padding does tend to get pretty squishy when wet, and there's a sort of built-in booster in the crotch area that can start to separate from the main padding too. For as much sap as is apparently in them, they still tend to feel damp when wet though.

I've not had much luck with the wicking in the Crinkles diapers. I've only used a few but in every case they leaked long before the wetness reached beyond the crotch, let alone up toward the back. There are a few diapers with that capability, including the NorthShore Supreme and the Tena Super, but most others don't. And I HATE throwing away a half-used diaper.

-RMS

I commented on this in the ISO ratings thread, but I too always get the same swelling up front first. They have to be pretty soaked before wicking to the back too. Though once soaked they do wick to the back for me pretty good. I even use this as a guide for how badly I need a change too.

It's likely the cut of this diaper just doesn't conform to your body shape quite as well. Without that good and snug seal around the legs you'll prematurely leak as you've found. Honestly I wouldn't be too worried about that though. Like those ISO reports recommend, I myself seldom take a Crinklz past 50% total capacity. That's because the closer to full you get, the more likely you are to leak. And the whole underlying function of a diaper is to not leak, right.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. I have previously taken a Crinklz to it's limits. That took me about 24 hours. Though after that much time I smelled bad and had a rash. It's worth noting the total sap content in Crinklz has been recently reduced by about 25-33%. I'd estimate I could take one to maybe 16 hours at most now, though I still change after 8 or 12 hours due to the same leak concerns.

Slomo said:
I commented on this in the ISO ratings thread, but I too always get the same swelling up front first. They have to be pretty soaked before wicking to the back too

When standing, I'd agree. But my diapers usually get their wettest overnight on my back, and there they usually distribute to the back just fine.

bambinod said:
When standing, I'd agree. But my diapers usually get their wettest overnight on my back, and there they usually distribute to the back just fine.

Yeah, I was coming from a standing/sitting position (lol, literally and figuratively). I've notice when lying on my back, then the back of the diaper does end up absorbing the most, first. So I also agree on that. Lying in my side is another story still. Only the top front will get wet before leaking. That's why I love (loved) how much they would abdorb and swell in the front.

You know what would probably help the most. An anti-gravity device for diapers. I understand astronauts say their mags only work ok during launch, but great in space's microgravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back