Not open for further replies.

Edgelyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Hi. Not been back here to post for months. I'm not much interested in most of the threads, i.e. disposables, but I want to share a link to a reusable product I found only through intensive search a while ago:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...y-surplus-cotton-briefs-10-pack-new?a=1923640

Please see my review (as Edgelyn) near the top of the review thread--you'll need to scroll down and click on "reviews"--it provides a detailed product description and other pertinent information. This is pretty much the item I've wanted from the age of five--actually, it's even better--and I have enough experience with it to recommend it without reservation. Not only are these the best and cheapest reusable product for various levels of incontinence I've seen anywhere--they also provide the reassurance and nurturing experience that motivates most elective interest in diapers and training pants. Parents discovering their older kid's interest in diapers might well offer them these.

Their design gives them universal appeal--excellent simply as sensible underwear, versatile according to need by layering, cut to a pattern that makes them work perfectly with wet-proof pants, and suitable for males and females. I can wear four together covered by a size small Salk pull-on pant with absolute confidence and comfort, and unlike some vaguely similar and ridiculously over-priced items, they provide considerable protection even without any wet-proof pant--I learned this when I thought I was wearing one but wasn't. I often wear three or four alone at home, and if I'm going out or feel the need can easily put on the snap-on style Salk pant without having to undress.

Multiple layers of heavyweight interlock knit cotton have excellent "distributive" functionality (rather than liquid passing straight through) and retention that rivals the gel of disposables. Because these are double-layer in the center panel only to the seam at the bottom of the wide crotch and not "up the rear" (the pouch design more than makes-up for this) there is none of the discomfort rear center-panel doubling would create wearing several together when sitting (or riding a bike as I do) and none of the rear bunching that makes wearing obvious.

All this at a very affordable price--I bought 40 even cheaper on sale. They machine or hand wash and dry easily because there are only two layers sewn together. The low waist allows them to fit inside a wet-proof pant without impinging on its waist or leg elastics, avoiding leaks or seepage. The Salk pants are often available on sale for around $12 or less. They are very durable and the waist and leg elastics are completely covered for comfort (especially going on and off!) They are made of plasticized polyester and need to be hand-washed and hung to dry, which is quick and easy--if they are machine washed or dried with cottons the polyester will be covered with frizz pills.

These items have answered my need and I no longer have to search for something that might work better. I've cut the backs and fronts out of a lot of old tee-shirts and layer and fold these to make absorbent pads fitting front-waist to back-waist that I can add for night use (these are hardly necessary and would be uncomfortable and obvious during the day) and I'm saving my cotton flannel diapers (cut from sheets I bought at yard sales) for special occasions--I learned to fasten these with pins from the inside with a flap at the rear folded over the inside, so the pins are completely and comfortably covered with nothing on the outside to wear holes in plastic pants--I wonder if anyone else has figured this out--oh, and it looks really cool, I guess.

I just wanted to share all this in case it would help anyone.

Last edited:
You’ve been waiting for 65 years to find these and it turns out .. the Spanish military has been sitting on them all along��
If its what you're after these seem like a good deal.
Nice find for you and perhaps other reusable cloth wearers who want to add versatility.

Sorry do I understand what you have always wanted are “Spanish Military Surplus Cotton Briefs”?

I didn’t see anything about absorbency or incon there.... Don’t misunderstand I am happy for you :hug: but unsure how they compare to a diaper?

those certainly DO look like low capacity cloth diapers. Interesting to see that is a military product, usually the military really doesn't like IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back