Diapers for nocturia

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a condition called nocturia, in which I have to wake up several times in middle of the night to urinate. This prevents me from getting a decent night's sleep and I am usually tired all day. I have been to several doctors and tried different treatments, but I am still waking up at night.
Many people with nocturia sleep in diapers. This sounds like a diaper lover's dream, to have to sleep in diapers. But I tried it, and real life it doesn't work that way. It is one thing to wear diapers for fun. However wearing diapers arouses me, and that in itself prevents me for sleeping. I found myself unintentionally masturbating in my diaper, even twice a night, which is something I don't want to do every night, and it kept me up, undermining my whole purpose of sleeping in a diaper in the first place.
Did anyone have this problem and find a solution?
I found Baby-Pants have a hypnotic training session for regressed arousal, but I want to know if anyone tried it and found that it works. In any case I'm not sure if it is for me since I am basically a diaper lover, not an adult baby, so I don't know what they write that 'your mind will fill with baby thoughts' will work for me.

The only answer I can think of for this is to keep wearing diapers to bed. They will initially be arousing, and you'll not sleep much, but this is because your body is getting used to the bulkiness of a night diaper. After a while, it'll get used to the sensations, and you'll not be as aroused in the evening. But you must persevere with wearing.

But diapers is the way to go for night wetting. Note though that you'll probably still wake up to wet - you won't suddenly sleep through the night.

Another option is to go see a Urologist. They may be able to put you on medication to stop the active bladder.

Hi. I have a simple solution that might work for you--it helps me sleep soundly and unlikely to wake for any physical reason like needing to go, cramps, acid re-flux, itches, etc. Just stir a teaspoon of baking soda into 12 ounces of water and drink just before lying down. I use premium baking soda that contains no aluminum. There seem to be no side-effects from doing this regularly. I get a similar effect from taking one or two ibuprofen tablets, but I wouldn't want to take these very often. One more thought--is marijuana legal yet where you live?

arnold, as long as you dont delay your urges I fail to see how this is a problem.
If you actually wear regularly you’ll get over it. If this is what you want - then make it your regular routine and your ‘problem’ will diminish over time, trust me.

About suppressing arousal by listening to recordings... I’d just refer you to my first sentence. If that doesnt diminish your arousal then you may have to look deeper on the internet than here?

The arousal from wearing slows down after you’ve worn for a while. It takes the body some time to adjust to the new sensations from wearing diapers. Give it more time, eventually you will wake up in a wet diaper.

arnold said:
I have a condition called nocturia, in which I have to wake up several times in middle of the night to urinate. This prevents me from getting a decent night's sleep and I am usually tired all day. I have been to several doctors and tried different treatments, but I am still waking up at night.
Many people with nocturia sleep in diapers. This sounds like a diaper lover's dream, to have to sleep in diapers. But I tried it, and real life it doesn't work that way. It is one thing to wear diapers for fun. However wearing diapers arouses me, and that in itself prevents me for sleeping. I found myself unintentionally masturbating in my diaper, even twice a night, which is something I don't want to do every night, and it kept me up, undermining my whole purpose of sleeping in a diaper in the first place.
Did anyone have this problem and find a solution?

While I've always been this way, I really never gave any though to there being a name for it. I'd have to get up five or so times a night on the average, with some being better and some being worse. I've also always had difficulty getting back to sleep, so many bathroom runs overnight were really affecting the amount of rest I was getting overnight.

I used to wake up with just enough in my bladder to prevent me from falling back asleep, and finally give in and get up and pee, (with all the disturbance that causes - cold floor, standing up, lights, noise) and then have to get back to a cold bed and try to get comfortable and get back to sleep. It was very frustrating knowing it was just going to repeat in an hour or two, and also knowing I really didn't have to go THAT badly, but just could not get back to sleep like that.

So yes, for me, diapers really have improved my sleep. Now, I wake, wet my diaper, and fall right back to sleep. I wear thick diapers overnight, and only very rarely have to get up and change. I decide what "class" of diaper I have to wear overnight depending on how much I've had to drink and how long I'm going to be able to sleep. Some nights a teddy will do fine. Other nights, a Safari is required ;) I like getting out of bed and seeing my diaper is close to capacity but not leaking, it's a very satisfying feeling.

It's also kinda fun knowing that even though I'm not incontinent, I have a very "legitimate" reason to wear diapers at night. And with how my skin tends to get friction rashes during the day from normal underwear, as far as I'm concerned I feed I have all the legitimate reason in the world to be diapered 24/7. I'm enjoying every minute of it, and hope I never have to stop.

I sleep so much better since I started wearing nappies. I never wake any more. I pee heavily in my sleep and often I have wet my bed by morning but I don't care. I get a great nights sleep.

I researched this extensively myself but never really got to a stage where I felt I slept better in nappies.
Personally I found heavy cloth nappies were the only way to go as they allow an erection without leaking and allow wetting on your side.
You have to commit to it every night for a long time - months. I never really got there - though it did get much easier.
The alternative is to try to figure out causes - nocturia, polyuria, diabetes, anxiety, bowel issues etc. Also not eating and drinking late.
Good luck whatever you decide.
Also make sure you use a mattress protector.

I second you should just keep wearing at night. Your arousals will decrease with time, though you should resist masturbating so often or you could end up reinforcing those arousals.

You also didn't mention this, but what diapers are you using? For overnight you will want to use a thick, premium diaper otherwise leaks will be an issue. Regardless, I do also recommend you use a good reusable mattress pad and/or a fitted mattress protector.

I can only say the more you wear the less aroused you get. I no longer even get hard in mine and wet semi away awake or during sleep. Keep at it it will happen

I've had nocturia and enuresis (bed wetting) for as long as I can remember. I was in my early 20's when I started wearing diapers to bed again every night. Give it time and you will get used to wearing at night and eventually sleep much better. Arousing yourself and masturbating in your diapers at night is probably not helping you. Over the years I have found that the more you wear, the less sexual attraction there is. It doesn't mean you lose it entirely, it just means you get on with your life and, most of the time, use your diapers like they were intended. What will also help is to wear the thickest, most comfortable, most absorbent diaper you can afford. In my experience that has always been cloth diapers with vinyl pants, but there are some really good premium disposables available today that will work well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back