Embarrassing diaper rash problem/question (Guys only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use lots of sudocreme to keep rashes to a minimum.

gnd567 said:
I've been wearing thick, premium diapers several times a week for over five years and this is the first time this has ever happened to before.
Maybe it was because I was sick at the time and my immune system was down and hasn't kicked all the way back in yet?
I've never had any problems with rashes or infections before.

It's possible, but skin infections are more likely kept at bay by the beneficial bacteria that naturally lives on your skin, not inside your blood. The good bacteria helps crowd out and keep off the bad stuff ofrom taking hold on your skin. (This is why using antibacterial soap is a bad idea). I know fungus and yeast occurs naturally in the air too, so it's also just as possible the good bacteria was too sparse in that area, and other conditions were just right, for that bad fungus/yeast to take hold on your skin.

Really it's just one of those things that happens. Changing often enough helps with regular rashes, but not that well for preventing infections. All you can really do is wash with plain soap, and get you skin really well and dry at least once a day for your best bets on keeping skin healthy. Unless I'm missing something else myself.

It could be fungal. The various athletes foot/crotch itch formulations (available as a sprinkle on powder, cream, or spray powder, Micronazole or something like that, brand name Lotramin) works pretty well for me.

So, a b it of an update:
I no longer think it's a yeast infection.
There's no smell, discharge or puss or anything like that.
It was just basically very red and moist to the touch a couple of days ago.

I'm thinking it might be more like skin deterioration/breakdown.
New skin is coming in over the last couple of days. Itches a bit, but I hope things are getting better.

Does that sound like what it could be?
I'm gonna give it at least another week before wearing again.

I'm not a guy or anything, but I did want to say that I use Desitin as a general ointment. Not JUST for bottom end issues, but also anywhere that has a fold that gets sweaty and itchy.

(For me that means mostly under-boob if it's been really hot for days and days.)

I knew an older lady who used it all the time for purposes not indicated on the package. Because apparently it will work to heal skin irritation anywhere. She was pretty much bed-bound and used it to heal any sort of sore spot/irritation before it got out of hand. XD

So there's a pretty good reason they don't sell it solely in the baby section and also keep a good stock of it in the grown-up health and beauty aides section. :3 If you really need it and you have to have help finding it, they shouldn't automatically think "OMG. Diapers." They'll probably think "Oh, guy sweats a lot."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back