Embarrassing diaper rash problem/question (Guys only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This is mostly a question to the guys here:

A bit of an embarrassing question but I need help.

I think I have a diaper rash. It's not on my bottom though, it's on my.... well, I'm a guy so you can probably figure it out.

It turned bright red, kinda like an open sore and it was itchy and burned to touch. I stopped wearing after that and haven't worn in a week.

The reason I haven't gone to the store for some diaper rash cream or ointments or seen a doctor about this is because of my visual impairment. I have to be driven everywhere and need help in stores finding things ect.

I could ask one of my parents to take me to the store or to a doctors appointment if I made one but I'm really too embarrassed to admit to anyone that I think I have a diaper rash.

It's been a week and things are looking better but it hasn't healed completely yet. It's kind scaly and dry and a little itchy still but I think it's mostly better. I just wonder how long I should wait before I can wear again and if there's anything I can do at home that would help it heal and maybe prevent it form happening again in the future. I have a rare couple of days off this week and I wanted to enjoy some diaper time but I'm not sure if I should or not.

Any advice? I really don't want to have to tell anybody because it's very embarrassing for me to even post it here but I figured I should ask someone.

I'd use some vaseline or something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I addressed this in another thread recently.

Even though it will burn like ^*((* at first it will clear it up in about three days.

When I had this issue I used Gold bond. IT is the zinc sulfate that does the trick and it will get to the fungus that causes it, even if it is yeast.

egor said:
I addressed this in another thread recently.

Even though it will burn like ^*((* at first it will clear it up in about three days.

When I had this issue I used Gold bond. IT is the zinc sulfate that does the trick and it will get to the fungus that causes it, even if it is yeast.

Ouch! I don't know if we have any. I may have to try it. Hope it won't be that bad.

I would just say you have a fungal issue that needs some creame to help. That can happen from many things besides diapers. Yes it may be embassing, but athletes foot and joke itch are tpes of rashes. Many over the counter items will help. When you do go to a store get a good barrier creame with zinc. Maybe some A and D. Keep the area clean and most importantly, dry. Always tissue try after showering and use some baby powder (again, many adults use this that are not into diapers to feel dry down there). Bacteria and moister are the culprits with these rashes.

Can you order stuff online? Stuff like basic cream, Vaseline etc. should be easily gettable mail-order without the embarrassment.

Sounds like yeast ,get some foot spray and use it on the twins they should feel better really rapidly ,if you have a G/F and has some monistat or gyne lotrimin cream same stuff just creamy rub that on ,it works the same weather its male yeast or female yeast .heres to some relief, if i get it after three days of rash cream it's not gone, I go right to the can of athletes foot spray ,myself or my aide changes me in bed it's easiest ,so all that stuff is easy to reach from creams to catheters to mountains of diapers it's all within reach on hand at all times.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I use Desitin almost every change, which usually keeps a diaper rash at bay. I find the zinc oxide ointments work better than the clear or petroleum type ointments to prevent and heal diaper rash. If it's a bad diaper rash it's probably a fungal infection. A nystatin cream or a powder with miconazole nitrate (like Zeozorb) will clear it up in just a few days. Lastly, it helps to change more often than usual if you have a rash or better yet go undiapered for as long as you can to allow your skin to heal. Best of luck.

Try thrush cream and anti-bacterial cream. Also wash down there at least twice a day. Soap is bad so you could use dermol instead.

Any doubts go see a dermatologist.

Thanks everybody.

From what everyone has said, it appears to be yeast as it was red and slightly damp to the touch.
I'm gonna probably end up ordering some anti fungal powder online when I order more diapers this week.

I wore yesterday and I'm a little itchy down there today so I think I need to take care of this sooner rather than later.

gnd567 said:
Thanks everybody.

From what everyone has said, it appears to be yeast as it was red and slightly damp to the touch.
I'm gonna probably end up ordering some anti fungal powder online when I order more diapers this week.

I wore yesterday and I'm a little itchy down there today so I think I need to take care of this sooner rather than later.

Yeah, sounds like a yeast infection. Lotramin cream, Dr.Schols cream or spray, and Zeasorb powder are all good over the counter remedies. And yes, get it sooner rather than later.

Also stay on top of keeping the area clean and dry. Good old soap and water is all you need to get clean, or even baby wipes work too. Make sure to completely air out the skin after cleaning too though. I find that laying on my bed with my fan on high works really good for this. My skin will dry out in just a few minutes this way, versus 30+ minutes of sitting on the toilet.

Slomo said:
Yeah, sounds like a yeast infection. Lotramin cream, Dr.Schols cream or spray, and Zeasorb powder are all good over the counter remedies. And yes, get it sooner rather than later.

Also stay on top of keeping the area clean and dry. Good old soap and water is all you need to get clean, or even baby wipes work too. Make sure to completely air out the skin after cleaning too though. I find that laying on my bed with my fan on high works really good for this. My skin will dry out in just a few minutes this way, versus 30+ minutes of sitting on the toilet.
Slomo said it in a great bite size or is that "fun size" ,25 years in diapers the balance between air and diapers is super important,in my experience ,also use a fan ,the hair dryer sucks !recirculateing warm moist air not good !

gnd567 said:
Thanks everybody.

Yep get that in check before it gets worse. Walmart carries several different antifungal cremes. Some are marked "AF" or "yeast", but they're all the same purpose. I didn't see any AF powders when I was there last time, you may have to go to a pharmacy for that. I order packs of 6-7 bottles of zeesorb AF (be sure to get AF, the regular zeesorb is NOT antifungal) from Amazon. It's cheaper that way than a bottle at a time from a drugstore. If I were you I'd go to a drugstore and get a bottle of zeesorb AF. If that works, stick with it as a preventative measure if needed, and order a handful from amazon if you think you will need more. It has an unlimited shelf life.

The AF cremes seem to mess with diaper adhesives just like lotion though, releasing the elastic bands out of the leak guars and leak gathers, so they're more practical for overnight than daytime.

bambinod said:
The AF cremes seem to mess with diaper adhesives just like lotion though, releasing the elastic bands out of the leak guars and leak gathers, so they're more practical for overnight than daytime.

So how do avoid messing up the diaper?

If it’s definitely a yeast infection I found essential lavender oil wipes out all of those nasties really quick. Yes it can burn so you gotta be careful exactly where you are putting it and literally use only a drop a couple of times a day.

I am sure I’m not the only one but I break out in a rash from some diapees and nothing will help that apart from bepanthin, time and swapping brands.

Maybe I can get the courage up to ask my mother to pick something up for me when she goes to the store this evening. She knows about the diapers, we just don't talk about it.
Maybe I should also get something other than my normal ABU Little Pawz when I order more diapers.
Maybe something a little less absorbent like the Pre-Schools or something.
That way I'll have to change more often and won't stay in the same diaper for too long.
I hate wasting diapers and like to get the most out of them.
This is the first time I've ever had a problem staying in them for an extended period of time time though.

gnd567 said:
Maybe I can get the courage up to ask my mother to pick something up for me when she goes to the store this evening. She knows about the diapers, we just don't talk about it.
Maybe I should also get something other than my normal ABU Little Pawz when I order more diapers.
Maybe something a little less absorbent like the Pre-Schools or something.
That way I'll have to change more often and won't stay in the same diaper for too long.
I hate wasting diapers and like to get the most out of them.
This is the first time I've ever had a problem staying in them for an extended period of time time though.

I've never found yeast infections to be directly related to wearing a wet diaper for a little longer. That absolutely can/does happen with typical rashes, but the yeast infections just seem to happen to me randomly. Maybe about once every 2-3 years. I've used thick, premimum diapers for decades too.

Slomo said:
I've never found yeast infections to be directly related to wearing a wet diaper for a little longer. That absolutely can/does happen with typical rashes, but the yeast infections just seem to happen to me randomly. Maybe about once every 2-3 years. I've used thick, premimum diapers for decades too.

I've been wearing thick, premium diapers several times a week for over five years and this is the first time this has ever happened to before.
Maybe it was because I was sick at the time and my immune system was down and hasn't kicked all the way back in yet?
I've never had any problems with rashes or infections before.

25 years i wear cloth at home disposables on the road,mine are few and far between i happen to love yogurt and yeast doesnt " in this corner the diapered dynamo and in this one the yeast from the east" let's have a clean fight, no diaper punches in this exhibition" .Yeah they kind of pop up out of the blue ,i wear barrier cream and amino acid products that help healthy skin stay that way but they still happen. Just got to treat them when they pop up, there's no wishing it away anti fungal magic unless applied ,so don't be brave you can't ride them out like minor irritation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back