what do i do while still living with parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleXY

DL with autism
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i have this strange feeling about coming out to my mom. i have told her that i wear diapers for coping with stress. i have recently accepted myself as a diaper lover. but do not know if i want to be an adult baby. i would love some advice on the subject. i know that some would say it is none of her business, however, it is my parents' house i am living in and i have mental issues and don't know what to do or what to say about the situation.

any help would be great

KyleXY
:confused:

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you hope to accomplish by telling your mom. How accepting is she of your mental issues? She may accept your diaper wearing or even being AB/DL if she is understanding and simply lumps it into your other problems. Only you can really know what her reaction might be unless you give us a lot more information.

You're 36 and worried what mom would say? You're an adult and as long as you're paying for them I don't know why she needs to know.

Bro we need to talk !

1st if you want to be a baby be a baby when you can or need or want ,it doesn't have to be your primary or only lifestyle .

2. Your mom has wiped your butt and many other things many times,not a big deal ,if you have told her in the past she knows,if you think she will be casual about you openly wearing DO IT,the worst that happens is she says she's not that cool about put shorts on.

You didn't really mention dad so I will not go there,in my birth family my father was an abusive asshole at all times ,i was very lucky that 1.i got adopted 2.by a single woman ,so I never had to deal with anyone male that was a jerk again intentionally.

Finnally let me say a moms love is endless ,mine was proud as hell of who i was ,every graduation ,every promotion ,every medal ceremony,she was there beaming and proud ,and i got majorly physicaly sick,the Department put out me out to pasture on compassionate disability( that is short for no cure,no treatment it will be fatal enjoy your time left ) i can go anywhere and show my brass pass and be king for the day ,but i avoid it ,i would rather people remember me as i was ,not the broken cripple i am.Moms not around she died in february of 2008 of cancer ,but in diapers in a wheelchair as so much less than I was ,NOTHING CHANGED ,she was still damn proud of me ,it was actually a joke between us ,she adopted me as a potty trained kid ,thought she could escape diaper duty,i guess I showed her ! Before the end of her life she had to help me clean up and changed a few diapers.i could tell you more but i don't want to bore you ,and I was adopted but we made a stronger bond of unconditional love (a psychiatrist told us if any 10 biologic families had what we did the world would be a better place,when I first got sick and they figured out what I had , my doctor innocently called me and said he wanted to admit me for some tests, that night they moved me to little slice of Bellevue, a locked your not leaving place until we are sure your not going to just off yourself and get it over ,i was mad as hell and threatened fire and brimstone for all involved in kidnapping me ,They just politiley told me my doctor needed to talk to me ,i not so politiley told them i dont care if he wants to tell me that dream of aliens probing my retum wasnt a dream ,he could do alot less dramaticly. He did the right thing once he told me ,i truly needed to be there.
My Mom was teaching in Europe when my aunt reached her she literaly commandeered a jumbo jet ,having it held from departure for 15 minutes because the next flight to the US was 18 hours , then in the air, convinced the crew to declare an in-flight emergency so instead of landing in LaGuardia it landed in buffalo just long enough for her to get off with her luggage and go thru customs in buffalo and jump in my aunt's car for the 90 minute ride here.) Her love never wavered it was about as unconditional as it gets ,mine wavered once I didn't call her for 4 years she junked my almost fully restored 69 dodge dart ,i was pissed ,in reality she unknowingly did me a favor ,i would never wrench on it again never drive it again ,it would be a symbol of what I have lost ,she didn't deserve a junkyard I hope somebody said awesome free car and took it home and is doing massive burnouts right now,it's just about time to put them away for the year here in here in the rust belt,if you l9ve it give it a garage or it will be crap in 4 years.Thank God that was before she got cancer and got well screwed by genetics .

So after saying all that ,what is it that you want from your mom ,acceptance? Permission? Approval? It sounds like you already have that on some level,it almost sounds like you want to explore adult baby at home but you want her to tell you its allright 1st?

She probably has not the foggiest idea of adult baby,unless there's something kink related in her past ,if its there it ain't adult baby ,that's a relatively new term in the age of everything has to have a label and description ,your mom won't have a frame of reference,theres probably been diaper lovers since our moms packed us in grass and moss and changed it and rinsed us off in the stream weekly ,we will never know truly unless theres "dead sea pamper scolls" somewhere waiting to be discovered (somewhere between the vaseline ,powder and gerbers baby pants,if someone looks hard enough) kidding! Your young enough to have sported disposables your whole life ,my diapers where well broken in when i got them (in birth family i was the youngest of three ,so those diapers and rubber pants had seen heavy action in the four years before I arrived . But again any kink fetish or lifestyle choice can be a trend,can be a passing fancy abandoned for other pursuits , or can be permanent we don't know till we try ,it's like girl friends or boy friends,you will test drive many and hopefully find the perfect fit and make them your wife,your life someone you share the deepest parts of you with ,they accept us despite our many flaws and rough spots ,if you like diapers those too , everything in this life is trial and error ,try all you like keep the good and pass on the bad .
It noble of you to say Moms roof moms rules ,alot of people dont get that or sneak around get caught embarassed and it fades into history till the next time . I really have this feeling that you dont know the question,so mom probably doesn't have the answer until you figure out the question and even then she may not have a definitive one .
As I said in another post I am sitting on bus or in bus station at the moment ,so this gets my fullest attention and long wordy answers ,i have nothing to do but pass time, answer questions and hopefully reflect back some of what I learned both in life and the school of you have got to be kidding, you want me to do what for how long ? And then what ! There is no easy course thru this life just live and try. Got patience for one more reflection?

My adoptive mom was a psychologist ,having a fit on the phone with an old friend of hers "I laid out the perfect course for him,to avoid every hidden trap and misfortune on the road to life , but he's not following it ,he's doing it the hard way ,i could have steered him away from it ,he never would have had his heart broken or his honor tested ,his intentions questioned ,the whole thing .
She was told your parents did that for you too,what did you do ? That's what kids do, they learn the hard way ,it's not a lesson if somebody else tells you it is ,it's only a lesson once you have taken your lumps and lived thru it .
I thought I was dead meat when I got suspended from high school carried that letter home to my mom ,i threatened to brake a chemistry teachers hand for inappropriately touching a female classmate when the principal asked me if i meant it my answer was "touch a student that way and you'll find out", little did I know ,my mom new she taught me right that day ,I stood up regardless of the consequences and defended them ,from what I thought was wrong and when taken to task on it ,I didn't quibble ,grovel, or say the right thing so there would be no consequences ,i followed what I though was right.

20 years later my mom tells me ,i would have hired you a lawyer ,if you needed one ,you behaved like a man ,i didn't waste my time teaching you ,you learned and did what you were taught the right thing ,you weren't willing to compromise on right and wrong(this happened in the library at the high school , the key to why that was trouble was because the librarian was the town Judge ,oddly his name was Mo,i often wondered where Curly and Shemp were bailiff and chief of police maybe ? Who cares i graduated high school 30 years ago ,i still talk to the girl but never seen the teacher since ,hes probably dead. I am not yet there but avoiding death is becoming more challenging LOL.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

i don't have an emotional connection with my dad because I don't trust him as his son. he grabbed my butt in an loving hug as a joke. he did this when i was a junior or senior in high school. since then, i never want to get close to my dad.

As far as being emotional with my mom, although she has yelled at me a lot when i was in middle and high school for disappointing her. probably because i did so well in sixth grade and she expected too much of me. on the other hand i still am a mama's boy. i love my mom and i feel like being truthful to her is the best priority. i pay for diapers with cash that i get from a joint bank account i have with my mom. I have a learning disability and unemployed and go to college.

I believe the bigger issue at hand is wheter or not you even want to develop being an AB. You say you've already told you mom you wear for stress. Well, that's a big part of being a DL, so you've already come out to her for that part. There's no point to sayi g any more, untill you know for sure there even is any more to be said. Really, what else do you even need to tell her?

As long as you are doing everything you can to keep it as private as possible it shouldn't really be treated as a big deal or anything.

If she already knows and doesn't say/do anything about it I would just act like nothing is up.

That's kind of how it is with me and my mom, only she feels like asking at times " are you wearing a diaper? " or something to that effect; idk why, she is the only one that ever makes it out to be a big deal.

But what else can you do besides be yourself (dont make it super obvious, like I never just wear a diaper or diaper and onesie around her or anything like that) and hope for the best?

The only problem I see here is the money part, if you are sharing a bank account with her, but she is the only one making any money; she should have some kind of say there.

I have never used anyone else's money on my diapers and whatnot.

Damn your rich got the diapers but still no whatnot,whats wrong with me !(dont answer that !)
BabyTyrant said:
As long as you are doing everything you can to keep it as private as possible it shouldn't really be treated as a big deal or anything.

If she already knows and doesn't say/do anything about it I would just act like nothing is up.

That's kind of how it is with me and my mom, only she feels like asking at times " are you wearing a diaper? " or something to that effect; idk why, she is the only one that ever makes it out to be a big deal.

But what else can you do besides be yourself (dont make it super obvious, like I never just wear a diaper or diaper and onesie around her or anything like that) and hope for the best?

The only problem I see here is the money part, if you are sharing a bank account with her, but she is the only one making any money; she should have some kind of say there.

I have never used anyone else's money on my diapers and whatnot.

I'm not "rich", I just have my own income and when you make your own money; nobody should have any say what you use it on (aside from illegal activities), but with a shared account where only one person is making money I can see why that person would question something "unnecessary"/odd.

i do have my own income though. it is just my refund money from college. you see i am only a part-time student and I get financial aid. since i am not a full-time I get a refund from my school.

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot to mention that after telling my mom about wearing diapers for stress, she bought me assurance belted shields. This was like 2 or 3 years ago.

Tetra said:
Bro we need to talk !

1st if you want to be a baby be a baby when you can or need or want ,it doesn't have to be your primary or only lifestyle .

2. Your mom has wiped your butt and many other things many times,not a big deal ,if you have told her in the past she knows,if you think she will be casual about you openly wearing DO IT,the worst that happens is she says she's not that cool about put shorts on.

You didn't really mention dad so I will not go there,in my birth family my father was an abusive asshole at all times ,i was very lucky that 1.i got adopted 2.by a single woman ,so I never had to deal with anyone male that was a jerk again intentionally.

Finnally let me say a moms love is endless ,mine was proud as hell of who i was ,every graduation ,every promotion ,every medal ceremony,she was there beaming and proud ,and i got majorly physicaly sick,the Department put out me out to pasture on compassionate disability( that is short for no cure,no treatment it will be fatal enjoy your time left ) i can go anywhere and show my brass pass and be king for the day ,but i avoid it ,i would rather people remember me as i was ,not the broken cripple i am.Moms not around she died in february of 2008 of cancer ,but in diapers in a wheelchair as so much less than I was ,NOTHING CHANGED ,she was still damn proud of me ,it was actually a joke between us ,she adopted me as a potty trained kid ,thought she could escape diaper duty,i guess I showed her ! Before the end of her life she had to help me clean up and changed a few diapers.i could tell you more but i don't want to bore you ,and I was adopted but we made a stronger bond of unconditional love (a psychiatrist told us if any 10 biologic families had what we did the world would be a better place,when I first got sick and they figured out what I had , my doctor innocently called me and said he wanted to admit me for some tests, that night they moved me to little slice of Bellevue, a locked your not leaving place until we are sure your not going to just off yourself and get it over ,i was mad as hell and threatened fire and brimstone for all involved in kidnapping me ,They just politiley told me my doctor needed to talk to me ,i not so politiley told them i dont care if he wants to tell me that dream of aliens probing my retum wasnt a dream ,he could do alot less dramaticly. He did the right thing once he told me ,i truly needed to be there.
My Mom was teaching in Europe when my aunt reached her she literaly commandeered a jumbo jet ,having it held from departure for 15 minutes because the next flight to the US was 18 hours , then in the air, convinced the crew to declare an in-flight emergency so instead of landing in LaGuardia it landed in buffalo just long enough for her to get off with her luggage and go thru customs in buffalo and jump in my aunt's car for the 90 minute ride here.) Her love never wavered it was about as unconditional as it gets ,mine wavered once I didn't call her for 4 years she junked my almost fully restored 69 dodge dart ,i was pissed ,in reality she unknowingly did me a favor ,i would never wrench on it again never drive it again ,it would be a symbol of what I have lost ,she didn't deserve a junkyard I hope somebody said awesome free car and took it home and is doing massive burnouts right now,it's just about time to put them away for the year here in here in the rust belt,if you l9ve it give it a garage or it will be crap in 4 years.Thank God that was before she got cancer and got well screwed by genetics .

So after saying all that ,what is it that you want from your mom ,acceptance? Permission? Approval? It sounds like you already have that on some level,
it almost sounds like you want to explore adult baby at home but you want her to tell you its allright 1st?
She probably has not the foggiest idea of adult baby,unless there's something kink related in her past ,if its there it ain't adult baby ,that's a relatively new term in the age of everything has to have a label and description ,your mom won't have a frame of reference,theres probably been diaper lovers since our moms packed us in grass and moss and changed it and rinsed us off in the stream weekly ,we will never know truly unless theres "dead sea pamper scolls" somewhere waiting to be discovered (somewhere between the vaseline ,powder and gerbers baby pants,if someone looks hard enough) kidding! Your young enough to have sported disposables your whole life ,my diapers where well broken in when i got them (in birth family i was the youngest of three ,so those diapers and rubber pants had seen heavy action in the four years before I arrived . But again any kink fetish or lifestyle choice can be a trend,can be a passing fancy abandoned for other pursuits , or can be permanent we don't know till we try ,it's like girl friends or boy friends,you will test drive many and hopefully find the perfect fit and make them your wife,your life someone you share the deepest parts of you with ,they accept us despite our many flaws and rough spots ,if you like diapers those too , everything in this life is trial and error ,try all you like keep the good and pass on the bad .
It noble of you to say Moms roof moms rules ,alot of people dont get that or sneak around get caught embarassed and it fades into history till the next time . I really have this feeling that you dont know the question,so mom probably doesn't have the answer until you figure out the question and even then she may not have a definitive one .
As I said in another post I am sitting on bus or in bus station at the moment ,so this gets my fullest attention and long wordy answers ,i have nothing to do but pass time, answer questions and hopefully reflect back some of what I learned both in life and the school of you have got to be kidding, you want me to do what for how long ? And then what ! There is no easy course thru this life just live and try. Got patience for one more reflection?

My adoptive mom was a psychologist ,having a fit on the phone with an old friend of hers "I laid out the perfect course for him,to avoid every hidden trap and misfortune on the road to life , but he's not following it ,he's doing it the hard way ,i could have steered him away from it ,he never would have had his heart broken or his honor tested ,his intentions questioned ,the whole thing .
She was told your parents did that for you too,what did you do ? That's what kids do, they learn the hard way ,it's not a lesson if somebody else tells you it is ,it's only a lesson once you have taken your lumps and lived thru it .
I thought I was dead meat when I got suspended from high school carried that letter home to my mom ,i threatened to brake a chemistry teachers hand for inappropriately touching a female classmate when the principal asked me if i meant it my answer was "touch a student that way and you'll find out", little did I know ,my mom new she taught me right that day ,I stood up regardless of the consequences and defended them ,from what I thought was wrong and when taken to task on it ,I didn't quibble ,grovel, or say the right thing so there would be no consequences ,i followed what I though was right.

20 years later my mom tells me ,i would have hired you a lawyer ,if you needed one ,you behaved like a man ,i didn't waste my time teaching you ,you learned and did what you were taught the right thing ,you weren't willing to compromise on right and wrong(this happened in the library at the high school , the key to why that was trouble was because the librarian was the town Judge ,oddly his name was Mo,i often wondered where Curly and Shemp were bailiff and chief of police maybe ? Who cares i graduated high school 30 years ago ,i still talk to the girl but never seen the teacher since ,hes probably dead. I am not yet there but avoiding death is becoming more challenging LOL.

Hi Tetra, this is KyleXY

you are right. i
want her to tell me it is allright to be an adult baby. perhaps i don't need her permission since i am 36 years old it is my money and i will do what i want with it as I see fit.

KyleXY said:
you are right. i want her to tell me it is allright to be an adult baby. perhaps i don't need her permission since i am 36 years old it is my money and i will do what i want with it as I see fit.

If you're living at home though, depending on the circumstances and amount of support you're receiving, that may reduce the strength of your "it is my money" argument. I'm not disagreeing with you, just suggesting you should be prepared to discuss that if it happens to come up in the conversation you're looking to have. "MY house, MY rules" has come up for several people here when having "the talk".

Reactions: KyleXY
Your mom will accept you unconditionally. If you feel strongly about opening up to her, trust your instincts. I lived at home until I was 26. I didn’t have any health issues but still wet every night and even have accidents during the day while gaming. At times she would make comments or ask if my pull-up was wet. I have never said it but she knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back