Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Permanent hair removal

Default Permanent hair removal

Recently I looked up some websites about permanent body hair removal. It seems like there are some new techniques which are less expensive and less painful than what you could do a few years ago, and so I'm really considering to get this done to my "diaper area". Has anybody of you ever tried something like that? Perhaps you even know somebody who made some good or bad experiences with these new treatments? It's not really cheap to get it done in Germany (possibly even 1000+ Euros...), but considering the hair never(?) coming back I'd say it's not a totally stupid investment.

The hair removal technology used is called "IPL", and they have an article about it on wikipedia ( Intense pulsed light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

If this really works as advertised it's even better than using cremes / razors, as they never really got me a smooth skin "down there".

2low

interesting ... i probably would be up for that :P

I cannot wait until I have the money for laser hair removal.
    I'm looking at about $500 for a whole body (except hair on head & hair on my forearms).
    I'm getting:
    - Armpits
    - legs
    - Complete bikini area
    - eyebrows styled
    - any chin or facial sprigs
    - Happy trail
    (yes, some chicks have a happy trail as a result of shaving it. I'm not the only one)

I think it would be a perfect use of $500 seeing as I won't have to get it redone for another 10+ years and I won't have to buy razors. Silky smooth skin for years to come.

2low

Also Smooths AS A Baby behind or region :P makes it so much better for diapers aswell hehe

yes...shaving is a pain and never seems to work right

I believe the only permanent method of hair removal is electrolysis. Anyhow, that's the only one the US Food and Drug Administration recognizes as permanent, on all hair. Laser and pulsed light work better on darker hair - it's a direct correlation between effectiveness and hair color. I use a beard trimmer so I keep the hair short, yet avoid the discomfort that comes with stubble.

Hmmm. Sounds good. I'd say go for it.
    If it were me, I'd get my face done too... I'm sick of shaving, and I never want a beard!

But make sure you really want it! It is permanent... And you may decide it was all a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
    I cannot wait until I have the money for laser hair removal.

I'm getting:
    - Armpits
    - legs
    - Complete bikini area
    - eyebrows styled
    - any chin or facial sprigs
    - Happy trail
    (yes, some chicks have a happy trail as a result of shaving it. I'm not the only one)

I think it would be a perfect use of $500 seeing as I won't have to get it redone for another 10+ years and I won't have to buy razors. Silky smooth skin for years to come.

What a shame! Oh well, to each his/her own...
    vL

Yeah, the permanent-ness is the reason why I don't want it for my facial area. I might dislike shaving my beard every second day, but the idea of not being able to grow one when I'm old is keeping me from doing it. As I will probably have a diaper fetish for the rest of my life, and because I'm not a person to follow trends (I guess it will be "in" in a few years to have hair down there, even though it's the opposite now) I can't think of a reason to want hair down there again.

I've read about one bad thing, though: You might get more friction when skin rubs on skin, so long walks might be more uncomfortable than before. There surely are ways to beat that, though, and I didn't have hair down there a few years ago, anyway (well, ok, not so few, but you get my point )