Setting up an ebay account for littles

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzylizzy76

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hi there,
I am a mommy to a little and i have realised there are a lot of littles out there who cannot afford to buy diapers in bulk or cannot get large consignments delivered to them so i have decided to set up an ebay account to sell them in small quanties at affordable prices. I am also looking at onesies and other baby stuff. I was wondering what yer thoughts were on this and maybe give me some advice and where i could advertise this so littles know i am a genuine mommy.
Any help would be great :smile:

Mommy Liz

Hello Frizzylizzy76 and welcome to the group.

Egor

Setting up ebay account for littles.. looking for some advice please

Hi there,
I am a mommy to a little and i have realised there are a lot of littles out there who cannot afford to buy diapers in bulk or cannot get large consignments delivered to them so i have decided to set up an ebay account to sell them in small quanties at affordable prices. I am also looking at onesies and other baby stuff. I was wondering what yer thoughts were on this and maybe give me some advice and where i could advertise this so littles know i am a genuine mommy.
Any help would be great

Mommy Liz

Seems like a LOT of the barriers to people ordering stuff is reliable & discreet postage, so make sure you get that right & are accommodating of people's requirements.

As for advertising - Here, reddit/r/abdl, various ABDL blogs/bloggers on tumblr seem to get a lot of traffic. But IMHO if you are doing something people like they will spread the word fairly reliably. The downside is if you f***k up it will spread even faster!

Hi Frizzy
Good luck with your idea.😼

Hi Frizzylizzy,
Welcome to adisc. If you look at the top of the page you will see a link entitled ADISC Intros, Rules and tips. Click on it and have a read there is a lot of information in it that is useful to new members.
then have a look through some of the forums and find some you like. Also apart from being a mummy, what are your other interests outside of the AB community. do you have a partner and are they supportive? Full time job or still in education? The more you tell us about yourself the more attention it will generate.

As for your idea, it's a good one. Personally as someone who has total bladder incontinence, apart from little onesies, i am also looking for plain coloured onesies that can be machine washed and tumble dried (well at least machine washable) and ideally in a light cotton fabric, i have 2 plain ones atm, but they are very heavy materiual and i get too hot in the summer.

#good luck in your endevaours and keep us informed.

be careful. Ebay doesn't outlaw abdl stuff, but don't use the word ABDL - they monitor for it.

Huh? Ebay doesn't have any problem with ABDL either as a word or a term in item sales.

I had a spare pack of the original Tena Slip Maxi (the one everyone loved that was discontinued) that were too large for me, so I decided to list it on eBay. I listed it for the same price I'd paid for it (which was around $45 for 24 - they come in larger packs than the normal 10-12), and got no bids on what was a "hot commodity" at the time.

Maybe selling in smaller amounts is what people are more interested in?

if you post something with ABDL, they don't ban you, but they request that you move your items to an adults only category. I just went through this with my upsized pull-ups.

RubberJin said:
Seems like a LOT of the barriers to people ordering stuff is reliable & discreet postage, so make sure you get that right & are accommodating of people's requirements.

As for advertising - Here, reddit/r/abdl, various ABDL blogs/bloggers on tumblr seem to get a lot of traffic. But IMHO if you are doing something people like they will spread the word fairly reliably. The downside is if you f***k up it will spread even faster!
Thanks for the advice.. I plan to start small.. my little has alot of diapers so I plan to sell them first and see how I go.. I know discretion is important.. but I also want who ever buys them to feel special so I plan to personalize it from a mommy

Best of luck Frizzylizzy hope you do well.

Yeah, that personalization might just be the special touch that a lot of littles need. The only issue with affordability is actually the shipping. Its what makes the sample packs and small quantities so expensive compared to buying a case. If you can figure out how to ship them discreetly, in good water proof packaging for a smaller price than $10-15 for two, you'll be golden as long as you can get the word out.

#Frankenbriefs Correct.

Be it noted that adults only category can only be seen by ebayer on desktop computers and after they have signed in. This is a barrier.

Selling in smaller quantities will and always be more expensive. The cost of shipping alone will negate the savings of buying in small quantities. There's many ways to purchase small quantities of diapers and you'd be another fish in the pond really. There's no way around paying for shipping. It's not free. It's quite expensive. You'd also have to pay for packaging. Unless you sacrifice your own money or profits, you really can't make things cheaper than they already are.

No offense, but this is a niche, small community. If people are having a hard time acquiring diapers because of places to hide concerns, they need to think of better ways, move out, or tell the truth. You won't be making any impact for these people. There's many resources to get these. You cannot make it any cheaper for them. You'll lose money through eBay costs, shipping costs, packaging costs, your time, and your gas.

People whine and complain about this all the time, but they're not taking in to consideration of what doing business actually costs. Shipping a package of diapers costs about the same to ship a whole case of diapers. They take up a lot of room. That's why they cost $35 for a pack of 10. They won't and shouldn't lower their prices to meet demands of people who refuse to pay the price. There's cheaper products out there, if you want cheaper prices, buy cheaper diapers, it's that simple.

Just stay away from the diaper industry unless you decide to make cloth diapers. You'd have better luck with other stuff though. If I were you, I'd check out Etsy to do the customization stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As I said, the Ebay fees will eat you on small items. Shipping a couple of diapers (at least in domestic US) is under $1. You do have to pay for shipping supplies (unless you pay close to $5 for Priority and you can use the USPS ones, it's still cheaper to send first class). For example, Wearing Clouds will ship a couple for $3.95. It's kind of hyperbole to say an entire of pack of 10 costs the same.

The problem most people don't realize is the value of your time. Sure you can break open a case of diapers, pull out two, put it in an envelope, and mail it, but how long does that take. Think about how many of those you can do in an hour and ask what your effective hourly wage is (don't forget going to the post office and staples, etc..)

I would love an eBay store like this! I've seen a couple, but they're shipping costs are attrocious. (I'm an eBay seller myself so I get shipping costs/ have knowledge behind my complaint) As a college student I can't keep alot and prefer to buy in smaller quantities. Also the personal touch could be really successful!

i am a little and this is a problem, i have no way to get them.! With out anyone knowing. I never have ordered from ebay, because even the box sometimes has a slip, and it would say from a medical store...and some time box's are open,

WearingClouds.com has always been my goto place to order one or two diapers for trial purposes. Their prices aren't bad and they have a good selection.

Does anyone know where I can buy plain coloured onesies that are machine washable and ideally can be tumbled dried. Must be UK based due to shopping costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back