It sounds as if AC Odyssey is better than Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
https://kotaku.com/what-assassin-s-creed-odyssey-changes-from-origins-1829463848/amp

I wanted to like Origins, but they "Modernized" it too much and changed it into a game that doesn't even feel like Assassin's Creed, so after a while I completely lost interest and sold it.

It kind of sounds like Odyssey is in a way returning to "the ways of old" by making Stealth Assassinations not only possible again, but more likely.

All in all I think they are trying to make it into a "play it your way" kind of game where there are some nice touches to a kind of open world RPG type system where actions have consequences in quest lines and you can get all kinds of equipment sets to help you play how you want to play.

And they have a feature where you can turn on/off easy navigation, or leave it at default, which gives you a clue as to where to go, but there is no marker on the map telling you exactly where to go (unless you want that, which you can turn on).

It sounds like the one thing that could ruin it is if they took too much from Shadow of War; which seems to get good reviews; but I'm not gonna play a game where I have to kill the same exact character many times and not only that, random no name characters can get promoted if a weaker enemy kills you.

Basically Shadow of War has the Prime example of how NOT to make a nemesis system in a game, if I chop off Bag Of Craps head, I expect Bag Of Crap to die, same thing if I chop him in half or cut his arms or legs off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back