Is usps tracking messed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've got stuff coming from inside the state (NYS), and tracking information hasn't even updated beyond the initial stage; so maybe I will have it delivered before tracking even says it moved anywhere.

I've had that happen with out of country packages before, but never in country, let alone in same state tracking.

The website says shipping may be slow in the Carolinas, but it shouldn't effect New York State shipping.

BabyTyrant said:
I've got stuff coming from inside the state (NYS), and tracking information hasn't even updated beyond the initial stage; so maybe I will have it delivered before tracking even says it moved anywhere.

I've had that happen with out of country packages before, but never in country, let alone in same state tracking.

The website says shipping may be slow in the Carolinas, but it shouldn't effect New York State shipping.

couple of things may be the issue:
1. they wont update for 24 hours so be patient okay.
2. Your Package may have got put on a chaser truck which may stop like the old milk man at every podunk town to pick up excess before it can get to the hub to be connected to the truck to your hometown.
3. UPS forgot to install the EZPASS on that rig so the Thruway wont let the truck on I-90. Driver may not have funds to pay the tolls.
4. Package got routed to Amsterdam Holland or Rome Italy or Buffalo Texas or Rochester Minnesota instead OOPS!

Well, found out it is actually on the move, apparently it went out of state to pass through NJ, to come back in state and I should get my booster boxes in a few days (although there is a slight possibility I will have them tomorrow, which would be great)

xpluswearer said:
couple of things may be the issue:
1. they wont update for 24 hours so be patient okay.
2. Your Package may have got put on a chaser truck which may stop like the old milk man at every podunk town to pick up excess before it can get to the hub to be connected to the truck to your hometown.
3. UPS forgot to install the EZPASS on that rig so the Thruway wont let the truck on I-90. Driver may not have funds to pay the tolls.
4. Package got routed to Amsterdam Holland or Rome Italy or Buffalo Texas or Rochester Minnesota instead OOPS!

Well, it's been "shipped" on the 28th, supposed to be coming to me from a seller that is in the same state, so it's been "shipped" 4 days ago with no tracking information at all.

In all my days of buying and selling things there has never been 4 or 5 days of nothing like this before; so I dont know what is going on, unless the seller hasn't even shipped yet (which may be a possibility because I know people can buy the shipping and get a tracking number before USPS actually picks up the package and sends it on it's way, but I was expecting a smooth transition as the seller has a lot of completely positive feedback)

Last edited:
They do that to me sometimes and the package just arrives really quick because it comes from a shipping center nearby instead of where their company is.

Idunno.

I had a package update today and it was delivered 2 days ago, so there is a problem.

Quite a lot of the things I get online still read as "in route" months after I get them. So apparently not all companies are all that diligent about tracking once the package is out the door.

So, now I just had FedEx show up asking if I had anything for them to pick up, I told them they must be mistaken and maybe they have a drop off for me, so who knows; they could go to the nearest FedEx location (on the road right next to me), and come back with a package to drop off; but oddly enough idk what they would have for me since the 2 things I have tracking numbers for are supposed to be delivered by the USPS and not FedeEx.

Unless it's my Assassins Creed Odyssey Hoodie, from Merchoid (which got shipped like 2 or 3 days ago, supposed to be coming from the UK I think as that is where Merchoid is based)

BabyTyrant said:
So, now I just had FedEx show up asking if I had anything for them to pick up, I told them they must be mistaken and maybe they have a drop off for me, so who knows; they could go to the nearest FedEx location (on the road right next to me), and come back with a package to drop off; but oddly enough idk what they would have for me since the 2 things I have tracking numbers for are supposed to be delivered by the USPS and not FedeEx.

Unless it's my Assassins Creed Odyssey Hoodie, from Merchoid (which got shipped like 2 or 3 days ago, supposed to be coming from the UK I think as that is where Merchoid is based)

Okay sounds like you have FEDEX SMARTPOST. Which is a back room deal between FEDEX & USPS Whereas FEDEX will take it to your local post office and therefore the USPS will deliver it the last miles to your home. Retailers have made a shipping nightmare with this practice. Makes for a customer to get bat crazy angry!
UPS has a deal with USPS too its called UPS SUREPOST.

xpluswearer said:
Okay sounds like you have FEDEX SMARTPOST. Which is a back room deal between FEDEX & USPS Whereas FEDEX will take it to your local post office and therefore the USPS will deliver it the last miles to your home. Retailers have made a shipping nightmare with this practice. Makes for a customer to get bat crazy angry!
UPS has a deal with USPS too its called UPS SUREPOST.

But that doesn't explain why the mixup with FedEx coming to my door, that's backwards from this "deal" they have.

I had a package from Changing Times go from Las Vegas where they were to Hawaii before it turned back towards me. We both had quite a laugh about how well travelled my diapers were.

BabyTyrant said:
But that doesn't explain why the mixup with FedEx coming to my door, that's backwards from this "deal" they have.

Inept computer operator at FEDEX maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back