My Schedule in College is Leaving me Swamped, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
Hello Everyone! I'm back. First off, I just want to say that my Brother has a girlfriend now which is making him act better. Also I have been getting more into the bible and listening to my psychologist and grandmother. all of which is helping me cope with life. Anyway, good news and bad news. The good news is the fact that I am in Missouri State University! The bad news is this schedule that I am in is not ideal for me, and due to the Psychologist dragging his feet I don't have the disability letter I need to succeed in college. Also I am still living at home with my grandmother. Anyway, I need help to continue as this whole thing is too fast for me. Also Good to be back, It's been a while and I feel I have improved since I last was here. Also, Kitty Face:catsmile:.

KittyninjaW said:
Hello Everyone! I'm back. First off, I just want to say that my Brother has a girlfriend now which is making him act better. Also I have been getting more into the bible and listening to my psychologist and grandmother. all of which is helping me cope with life. Anyway, good news and bad news. The good news is the fact that I am in Missouri State University! The bad news is this schedule that I am in is not ideal for me, and due to the Psychologist dragging his feet I don't have the disability letter I need to succeed in college. Also I am still living at home with my grandmother. Anyway, I need help to continue as this whole thing is too fast for me. Also Good to be back, It's been a while and I feel I have improved since I last was here. Also, Kitty Face:catsmile:.

Go to your Student Academic Services department and get a academic advisor and explain everything to them and they should be able to help pare down your schedule you may have to go to summer term to get classes done to remain on time for graduation with your class. College is hectic ride the wave and do not fall off...

Yeah, college is always tough. I did terribly my first year. Eventually I figured it out, that I needed a study schedule. Figure that Monday through Friday (day) is like going to work, 40 hours a week. Use all that time in between classes to read and study. I actually went home for the weekends as I had a job at home, and I spent all of Saturday studying and practicing on my piano. I was a music student. Eventually my grades improved.

Agreed. Preparing for finals now and those filler times in the day are your biggest asset. Also, try & use the "end of day, end of week, end of month" mantra for revision of new content - if you can go over/tidy up your lecture notes that same day, review them all at the end of the week, and review all your content on a ~monthly basis it is very helpful for long-term retention.

I second Xpluswearer, visit the school administration and student services, if the schedule is a bit overwhelming or it conflicts with anything major, the school should be able to accommodate you by providing a note taker for classes missed and maybe even the suggestion of reducing your course load to part time.

Of course, I would also be diligent with your psychologist too. If he can provide paperwork to make your academic life easier, then he really shouldn't be dragging his feet. There's no need to get up in his face, but do remind him so progress can be made.

I can attest, University and College can be difficult and overwhelming. I'm still attending Uni and the work schedule while pretty unbearable is still manageable for me. I do, however, realize that for others University/College workloads can be a hassle. I have had friends who were practically forced to go down to part time student status because they had family trouble or needed extra mental health breaks. As mentioned above, maybe considering part time studies would help you out as well, the course load would be halved and you would still be building up to a degree/certificate, it would just take maybe an extra year or so to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back