• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymnastrower

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Hello there fellow adisc ers

I am new here. I joined because I'm having a mental health crisis.
I am chronically ill with a severe mental health condition and I wondered are there any other mental health sufferers who have trouble with incontinence due to acute anxiety? Plus does anyone else regress because it transports them to a time when they felt safe and secure?

I love to do sports and I have creative pursuits in singing, drawing, making ceramics, playing the piano and performing on stage. I also love coffee!
If I say anything odd or get offended easily it is because I am unwell.

Thank you for reading and I hope to get lots of support and to be of help to others on this site.

Hi Gymnast,
welcome to the group. I've never heard of someone with incontinence due to anxiety, but anxiety and stress can do odd things to your body, so I wouldn't discount it all. A lot of people in the community regress to a time where they feel safe or with someone they feel safe with. I have a lovely mummy, who I see on a regular basis and just being with her makes me feel safer and reduces my anxiety levels.

If you are suffering with anxiety and bladder problems one thing you could try is cutting down on your coffee, it's both a stimulat and a bladder irritant.

If you look at the top of the page you wil see a link entitled ADISC Intros, Rules and tips. Click on it and have a read there is a lot of information in it that is useful to new members. Then have a look through the forums and find one or two you are interested in, join them and join in.

Gymnastrower said:
Hello there fellow adisc ers

I am new here. I joined because I'm having a mental health crisis.
I am chronically ill with a severe mental health condition and I wondered are there any other mental health sufferers who have trouble with incontinence due to acute anxiety? Plus does anyone else regress because it transports them to a time when they felt safe and secure?

I love to do sports and I have creative pursuits in singing, drawing, making ceramics, playing the piano and performing on stage. I also love coffee!
If I say anything odd or get offended easily it is because I am unwell.

Thank you for reading and I hope to get lots of support and to be of help to others on this site.

Hello there!

I can totally relate to you here. I call my problem "nervous bladder," because as soon as my nerves start to get the better of me, there it goes. I'm on a lot of medications that reduce output now, but they don't always do the job--very frequently after I've been spooked by something I'll notice I'm a little wet. I REALLY should be wearing more protection at work but for some reason I'm scared to make that step.

I see you love coffee! Me too! I like cold brewed light roasts, served cold and strong, with sweet cream. How about you?

Hi Gymnastrower

Well done for reaching out and being so honest with your struggles. It takes a lot of faith and trust to confide all of this to a group of complete strangers.

I’ve not heard of anyone making themselves incontinent due to acute anxiety, but it is possible to have episodes of stress wetting. Have you spoken to a doctor about these? I appreciate if you haven’t but I’d recommend building up the courage to ask about it.

My adult life has been difficult due to a misunderstood chronic health condition, which I’ve had since I was a teenager which has left me fatigued, in severe chronic pain from the waist down and with incontinence. Until last year, I didn’t realise that the incontinence was caused by nerve damage from the chronic illness as it was an unknown side effect as it’s that misunderstood.

As you can imagine, being forced to deal with all of this took a toll on my mental health over time, and a number of events last year made me realise that I had to seek out some mental health support. Thankfully this has been successful for the most part, and while I have some bad days still, for the most part I’m able to function. Much like yourself, I find it almost impossible to relax, although in my case it’s because I’m more aware of my nerve pain as I have no distraction from it.

I know from a number of people that regression can be a coping mechanism for dealing with severe trauma, as it helps provide a way to escape from the harsh realities of life. While I don’t regress myself, I do have a supply of thick ABDL nappies to change into if I’m not feeling well. My best friend has noticed that I’m a lot more relaxed when I’m wearing these kind of nappies, and he encouraged me to wear these more often. And seeing that I need to wear them anyway for my incontinence I may as well enjoy it. So I’m an incontinent diaper lover. I’m also a big lover of the Dinotopia books by James Gurney and I often read these when I’m not able to do much - the artwork means I don’t have to read a lot of text. This is as close as I get to regressing, but I don’t do it often.

Like you I’m also very creative and I’m good with kids. They can get very curious about my wheelchair but I don’t mind. I’d rather deal with their questions than adults’ awkward stares.

I’m also a big fan of coffee but I need to watch my caffeine intake. Most of the time I drink decaf coffee or rooibos tea which is caffeine free. Have you tried drinking some of these?

I’ve added you as a friend, please feel free to message me.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Hello Gymnastrower 😺
Welcome to the group 🐈
Good introduction.

OmiOMy said:
I see you love coffee! Me too! I like cold brewed light roasts, served cold and strong, with sweet cream. How about you?

I love my coffee in a load of different ways. Flat whites are my new fave because they are strong and creamy and have a silky top. Cappuccinos are my staple and I also like the way you enjoy your coffee. I have made it cold brewed before. I added cold water to coffee grounds and let it steep in my cafetiere overnight in the fridge. Then I added cold milk in the morning! I like buying those starbucks cans from the fridge and I think they are similar.

- - - Updated - - -

ESPF said:
Hello Gymnastrower ��
Welcome to the group ��
Good introduction.

Thanks. I'm glad it was an appropriate introduction. I hadn't read the guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back