Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Before you say anything, the most recent thread on bed wetting was 2014 and was expired (as far as I can find). So I decided to start a new one :smile:

So last night I went over to a mate’s house (let’s call him Mark, which is not his real name) to watch a soccor/football game which because of time zones started at 1 in the morning. I came over for dinner and then he put his so to bed, who is 12 and shall be named Jeremy (not his real name). This was around about 8pm. We went back to talking and watching other rubbish on tv until the game started. At halftime Jeremy came out of his room and whispereded something in his dad’s ear. They left and went into Jeremy’s room and Mark came out a few minutes later. I asked what happened and whether Jeremy was ok and Mark said he had wet the bed. I said that I didn’t see a wet patch on his pajamas. Mark then said that he wears pull ups to bed as it happens quite a lot. I asked if they had seen a medical professional yet and he said that they had and it would go away over time and was just weak bladder muscles.

So this got me thinking and was the reason I started this thread. I googled it and 2% of kids in their teens wet the bed. 2%! That was bigger than I thought it would be. How many of us were bedwetters and at what age did it stop? For me I was a bed wetter and it stopped at 7.

You might find more threads and posts on the subject if you look for "bedwetting" or "bed-wetting".

I was a bed wetter for a long time. I remember washing my own sheets, so i was at least old enough to reach the knobs on the machine. I can't say for sure how old i was when it stopped, but i don't recall pullups existing at the time or maybe they were just starting to make them... Anyway, my mom bought me this ridiculously thick underwear that was supposed to do the trick. It was essentially a cloth diaper that looked like underwear... but it never worked as well as the plastic backed diapers did and i remember waking up in tears because i was so frustrated and embarrassed and sopping wet. My younger brother stopped wetting the bed a long time before i did. I had occasional accidents up until middle school at least. (Plus a horror story of peeing myself in high school as a freshman during a standardized test after asking repeatedly to be allowed to go to the restroom)

I am a bed wetter. I have never been completely dry at night, though I have times where I have some dry nights. I grew up before disposable diapers or pull-ups/goodnites and so had to tough it out in a wet bed almost every night. I now wear protection (cloth and plastic pants) at night, so at least my bed does not get wet. Bed wetting is just part of my life.

Pika123 said:
I came over for dinner and then he put his so to bed, who is 12 and shall be named Jeremy (not his real name).

I'm going to assume you just forgot to put the n in ''son,'' because I saw ''so,'' thought ''significant other,'' and was momentarily very concerned that your friend was dating a 12-year-old.

I started wetting the bed when I was about 10 and this lasted until about 13. After the first few nights (actually I have absolutely no idea how long it was), my parents got me diapers and I used them until I stopped wetting the bed.

I wet the bed from the time I was taken out of diapers to age 9-10
It felt like a long time at that point, but it was only like 6-7 years I would have to endure waking up each morning to a soaking wet bed, and they had put a plastic tarp on there so it would be a lake. I would have to take those wet cloths off and put on some new ones then go to school right away. Needless to say I couldn't linger around the other kids too much because sometimes it would smell.
When I was younger 4-5 they had me wear just plastic pants to bed, which I feel helped, but beyond age 5, 0 help. For whatever reason I don't think I had the thought to force them to get my pull-ups to wear at night. That or they just didn't care as they threatened to "cut it off" several times. By age 12 my DL stuff started, at this point is which it occurred to me that I should have been wearing some diaper of some sort, but it was too late as I had since stopped wetting the bed. Oh and I wet myself in kindergarten one day because teacher wouldn't let me go to the bathroom. So instead of taking the time to say yes dear so I could go, she had to stop class to get me cleaned up and stuff. I hope she learned her lesson.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I'm going to assume you just forgot to put the n in ''son,'' because I saw ''so,'' thought ''significant other,'' and was momentarily very concerned that your friend was dating a 12-year-old.

Strangely I find it even more concerning and sad that someone would have a thought like yours, and not just read it as a typo and move on. I never would have considered what your thought was if you hadn't shared it.

I wet the bed until my early 20's and then it came back in my late 40's I am a nightly bedwetter again now.

Reactions: vaslav
I love to wake up wet. Lately I been putting on my diaper without plastic pants. I wet the bed until I was in my 20's and and once in a while between times and now I wet just about every night.

I wet the bed until i was old enough to remember , then I started just being lazy and wet the bed quite often because I like it. Started wetting the bed again at night while asleep when I was in my late fifty's and wet every night now.

There are a few bedwetting groups on this site.

I used to wet the bed very occasionally until I was about eight. Strange as it may sound, I forgot about it until recently. And the couple of times I pooped myself at night, which was even more embarrassing. This past couple of years I have sometimes had that strange toilet dream (the one where you desperately need to pee but can't for some reason or other) and wake up with seconds to spare, convinced I've already wet myself but I haven't.

Llayden said:
Strangely I find it even more concerning and sad that someone would have a thought like yours, and not just read it as a typo and move on. I never would have considered what your thought was if you hadn't shared it.

Well, seeing that ''so'' seems to be a very common abbreviation on the Web for ''significant other,'' (and the fact that I'm a cynic who knows stories like these exist - https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/05/24/21-year-old-threatens-school-because-girlfriend-14-bullied-police-say/639895002/), I don't see how I can be blamed for initially taking it at face value.

Remember folks, proper spelling and grammar is important! no-more-rape-we-need-more_o_5320889.jpg

I was starting to wet the bet again in the age between 6 and 8. With 48 I become IC due to a bladder infection and a shrieked bladder. Meanwhile I recovered and make to stay mostly dry over the daytime. In the nighttime I still wet wet myself maybe 10 times a month. That's even better as when it starts, where I had nearly no dry nights but it's still worse enough.

I wet the bed off and on until 14. My parents started using diapers on me, then switched to a bed alarm. That kicked me out of it for a while, but it kept coming back until it finally stuck at 14. By that time I was AB and did not want to stop.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Well, seeing that ''so'' seems to be a very common abbreviation on the Web for ''significant other,'' (and the fact that I'm a cynic who knows stories like these exist - https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2018/05/24/21-year-old-threatens-school-because-girlfriend-14-bullied-police-say/639895002/), I don't see how I can be blamed for initially taking it at face value.

Remember folks, proper spelling and grammar is important! View attachment 31786

I think you might be misinterpreting what I'm saying. I know the common abbreviation for significant other is "SO". "so" is a word. You know "SO" as a common abbreviation online, but it wasn't always around. You say you "can't be blamed for taking it at face value". I'm not "blaming" anyone for anything. What I am simply saying is that what you refer to as "face value" is what is becoming the norm.

That's sad! Things didn't always used to be that way. I understand that horrible things like that happen, and it has become more prevalent over the years (or maybe just more well known?), but for people (especially younger people) that knowledge and constant exposure to information like that has created a world where a simple typo can be misconstrued as something horrible because that has become a societal norm or expectation.

I first read that as significant other, and thought wtf. The op's so is 12? After putting 2 and 2 together I realized it was a typo and moved on.

Back on topic. I was not a bedwetter when I was growing up. Darn I wish I knew to at least try to use that as an excuse though.

my cousin, bobby, and i wet the bed from 2 1/2 (when we were taken out of diapers) until we were in highschool. bedwetting runs in our family. at least two nephews (not bobby's kids) wet at night. they are in late grade school, now. at least they get to wear diapers, bobby and i just woke up in a puddle each morning.

I was potty trained quite early. Don't remember ever having an accident at night when I was a child. I always wonder how would it feel to have a legit bedwetting accident.

Back