TSA laughs while travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually flew out of state to visit family yesterday. I wear my diaper through security and have one or two extra packed in my carry-on just in case. I’ve never had my backpack flagged, despite carrying wipes and powder, but on my last trip, my small suitcase was checked, and the thing that raised their suspicions was my bottle of miralax, which isn’t as bad as flashing my diapers to everyone in the security line, but it’s still a little cringe-worthy.

Wuggle said:
I actually flew out of state to visit family yesterday. I wear my diaper through security and have one or two extra packed in my carry-on just in case. I’ve never had my backpack flagged, despite carrying wipes and powder, but on my last trip, my small suitcase was checked, and the thing that raised their suspicions was my bottle of miralax, which isn’t as bad as flashing my diapers to everyone in the security line, but it’s still a little cringe-worthy.

Well, look at it this way. Since your other post has you switching to Imodium you'll never have to worry about them pulling out the miralax like that ever again.

I’ve been patted down a couple of times while diapered. It is nerve wracking and not fun. But the overwhelming vast majority of the time, I’ve not been stopped or bothered while wearing through security.

End of August I flew up to Canada, I went through the scanner and my right pocket front and back was flagged. I was in a northshore supreme however it was dry as I had just changed prior to going through security. I did get a secondary screening with the back of the hand and my hands wiped for explosives. Thank god I now have precheck so I should have no future troubles.

Not TSA or diaper related, but definitely embarrassing. Back in the olden days, before 9-11, I was headed to the UK on a 747 and a woman had a slight malfunction with the carry on she had in the overhead. The passenger sitting ahead of me received a shower of vinegar partway through our flight. The woman's douche she had in her luggage had sprung a leak and dumped into the overhead, leaking on the passenger. The flight attendant was trying to figure out what was going on and it became known to the cabin, what had leaked, and who owned it.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I got stopped at customs once about a year ago. I was coming back from a country in which drug trafficking is prevalent and I fit the profile (young, last minute ticket, no real reason for going there), so I got grilled for about an hour by these two CBP people (woman and a man) and eventually, I thought I was in the clear, but then they started asking me if I swallowed a bunch of drugs and I was flying back with a stomach full of drugs. I told them that, look at me, at around 120 lbs, there was no way I could fit a gut full of cocaine inside of me. They didn't buy it, and I got brought to a back room because they wanted to do a cavity search. Great.
This whole time, I should say, I was diapered. I had fallen asleep on the flight in and I was pretty wet, and I really wanted to change. So I get back to this room, and there's 2 dudes at this point, and one shuts the door, and the other one starts heavily frisking me. The guy gets to my diaper area and feels it (I think I was wearing a Tena of some kind, I forget; I bought it at a pharmacy in Bogota on the way out) and goes "What's that?" and I go "A diaper. I wear diapers".
Guy kind of recoils, and then tells me to drop my pants. I do, revealing a soaked diaper. They made me take it off, and they took this urine soaked thing and swabbed it looking for drugs. I laughed about that to myself. At this point, they realize that no, this guy definitely doesn't have drugs on him, they apologize, one even saying "My nephew wears those to." They watched me put a new one on, and then told me I was free to go.

That was the most bizarre airport situation I've had in some time.

As I travel over 200,000 miles a year, I have had many interesting diaper related security experiences, although (knock on wood) never with my bag. My most recent was in Denver. I have TSA Pre-Check, so this usually alleviates most of the issues. However, this particular day a few weeks back, I was randomly selected for additional screening after going through the metal detector. Usually, the additional screening is a swab of either the hands or bags. Today, however, it was a groin pat-down. I was wearing a Rearz Lil' Monsters diaper, and the TSA guy noticed it. The line was held up for about 5 minutes while a supervisor was called over, which was the most embarrassing part of the whole thing. The supervisor brought me into the private screening room, where I told him that I was wearing a diaper. He and another agent made me remove and lower the front of my pants, where they saw and rubbed and patted the front of (though surprisingly not the back of) my diaper. I didn't really care as I didn't know these guys. The supervisor apparently wasn't satisfied, so he called somebody higher up than him, who did a more thorough pat-down. They swabbed my hands, the diaper (haha) and checked for explosives. Eventually, after about 10-15 minutes, I was cleared to go to my gate. The TSA employees (I refuse to call them officers) were all professional throughout the encounter. Overall, it was an adrenaline rush, and I was thankful that I was not traveling with anybody else.

I've travelled nearly exclusively in diapers. It's never been a problem either with the regular screening with the nude-o-visions or now the PreChek I have. I've managed to get pulled out for "random screening" and got the crotch squeeze, but they didn't even appear to notice.

I've only had two "adverse" security screens. One they wanted to be sure the thing in my bag was powder not liquid. The other was way before the TSA, i had a carry on bag just packed with diapers. The screener looked at it and just smiled and pushed it back to me.

bambinobaby said:
As I travel over 200,000 miles a year, I have had many interesting diaper related security experiences, although (knock on wood) never with my bag. My most recent was in Denver. I have TSA Pre-Check, so this usually alleviates most of the issues. However, this particular day a few weeks back, I was randomly selected for additional screening after going through the metal detector. Usually, the additional screening is a swab of either the hands or bags. Today, however, it was a groin pat-down. I was wearing a Rearz Lil' Monsters diaper, and the TSA guy noticed it. The line was held up for about 5 minutes while a supervisor was called over, which was the most embarrassing part of the whole thing. The supervisor brought me into the private screening room, where I told him that I was wearing a diaper. He and another agent made me remove and lower the front of my pants, where they saw and rubbed and patted the front of (though surprisingly not the back of) my diaper. I didn't really care as I didn't know these guys. The supervisor apparently wasn't satisfied, so he called somebody higher up than him, who did a more thorough pat-down. They swabbed my hands, the diaper (haha) and checked for explosives. Eventually, after about 10-15 minutes, I was cleared to go to my gate. The TSA employees (I refuse to call them officers) were all professional throughout the encounter. Overall, it was an adrenaline rush, and I was thankful that I was not traveling with anybody else.

I've only got 105,000 miles this year but my most recent experience (that I described earlier) was similar to yours.

-Ieyasu

Slomo said:
There is a pretty big difference between an underwear bomb and a swollen diaper.

I dunno, it would be a pretty good way of disguising one wouldn't it - especially if it was wet or messy to put the TSA agents / sniffer dogs off. Drug smugglers and terrorists will go to far greater lengths than that to get through customs.

RubberJin said:
I dunno, it would be a pretty good way of disguising one wouldn't it - especially if it was wet or messy to put the TSA agents / sniffer dogs off. Drug smugglers and terrorists will go to far greater lengths than that to get through customs.

I guess that could be true. I just don't think like a smuggler or terrorist though, so I wouldn't really know.

Slomo said:
I guess that could be true. I just don't think like a smuggler or terrorist though, so I wouldn't really know.

What are you accusing me of? :detective:

RubberJin said:
What are you accusing me of? :detective:

My appologies. I did not mean it that way. I meant it as I see diapers as exactly what they were made for, regardless of how some in the TSA may see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back