TSA laughs while travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlotTwist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I recently took an international trip, so I packed up enough diapers to ensure I wouldn't be left searching the streets for suitable padding in a foreign land. This involved a full 15-pack of NS Supremes, 15 large booster pads, a couple XL booster pads, and a brand new unopened pack of Heaven Scent disposal bags (plus a few more diapers stuffed in the front zip pack, and one in my backpack too).

I walked through the scanner wearing a double-boosted diaper (for the whole flight) that was only slightly damp with a reassuring green "OK" result from the machine, and when I got to the end of the conveyor line most of my stuff came out, but I noticed my carry-on with all of my diapers had been diverted for closer inspection. I stood there and waited for the TSA agent to open it, when she did, she made this slightly "ugh" face. I was totally fine, I've long since gotten over having to wear diapers and was was ready to say "Yeah, I pee my pants, and yeah it sucks. Any further questions?", but she didn't say anything. According to the x-ray result, it looked like a knife was in the package of diaper disposal bags (I guess the plastic had clumped up to form a slightly sharp-ish looking shape?), so she pulled out the box to inspect it. Around this time, my wife walks up, sees what's happening and turns bright red, saying "OMG they flagged your diapers as a threat??". The TSA agent obviously heard this and looked the most uncomfortable out of all 3 of us, so after seeing it was still sealed and not wanting to deal with it anymore, she hastily shoved it back in my carry-on and told me I was free to go.

I'm just glad I didn't have any printed diapers in there!

Not me, but I remember one poster from years ago. Some teen had brough a diaper with him on a school trip, and used it of course. He was so embarrased and afraid someone in the hotel would find out, so he refused to put it on the trash. He kept updating us on his close calls too. Ultimately his brilliant idea was to put it in the freezer instead. No joke, and in spite of everyone saying to just toss it in the trash in his room.

When it came time to fly back he said he tried to keep the used diaper hidden from the tsa agents. They picked up on his nervousness and flagged his bag. When they went to open the bag he panicked and tried to stop them. Security stopped him, and they pulled the cold diaper out of his bag and questioned him about it in front of everyone there. He didn't laught, but rest of us sure did.

Ahahaha, wow. I don't think that could've gone worse for him (or better for forum laughs).

I recently had a trip that was supposed to leave from a Central Illinois airport. I always travel diapered, but I avoid going through security wet. Unfortunately, I wet after getting to the gate and my flight was canceled. I had to take a one-way rental to O'Hare in Chicago for my connecting flight. I was running late and I got stopped going through security. This was my first time I had a pat down, and I had to admit to being padded.
Not my plan, but I think it was more awkward for the TSA than me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was in America over the summer and went on a trip to Miami, on the way back from Miami to DC they stopped me because of a box of baby wipes, did a drug swab test and then let me go.

I bring Abena M4s and other overnight diapers in my carry-on bag for short trips, and have never had any issues getting through security. I do have the TSA Precheck, but the screeners usually don't know exactly whose bag belongs to who unless there are few people in line.

I was once on a week-long work trip and had to bring checked luggage. When I retrieved my luggage in Salt Lake City, there was a TSA note inside the suitcase with my diapers and other clothing stating the bag had been opened for inspection in Indianapolis.

I travel all the time and rarely have any sort of issue. They've checked my bags and have run a manual scanner but they were really minor. That is until last month!

Last month, on a return from a three week trip to Asia, I had a twelve hour layover in Hawaii. I left the airport but the TSA decided that I needed a secondary search upon re-entry and they were going to do a pat down. This was a bigger deal than normal but still wasn't too bad until ...

"Sir, you appear to have a bulge. What is -"

"It's a diaper."

"Oh? Oh! Oh!"

He then invited me over to have a private screening. Once a colleague was available, three of us went to a small screened room.

I dropped my shorts and they proceeded to do another inspection. They still weren't satisfied and one of them opened the door to go get the hand held wand. Mind you, I'm only wearing a diaper from my waist down when the door was opened!

"Shut the door and I'll take the diaper off!"

He did. I did. They swabbed it for explosives. I put it back on, pulled up my shorts and waited for the all clear.

I'm just grateful that I was traveling by myself because that would have been even more embarrassing if a colleague had been traveling with me.

-Ieyasu

I and my wife travelled to Hawaii recently, I was going to wear a diaper for the flight, we live in Australia so it was going to be 9.5 hours. I got scared so I decided not to wear or even take any diapers with me.

We arrived in Hawaii and where having a great time but as I normally wear alot of the time, after three days without I was going crazy. I was having tantrums and little space moments almost uncontrollably. Baby Brain out of control. The stress was out of this world. Finally I had a wetting accident I didn't even realise in bed asleep one night.
The next day my wife said we are going diaper hunting to make her little guy happy. I could not believe how hard it was to find diapers. Lucky we managed to find some in Longs Drug Store after my wife talked to a very nice lady there. I purchased them but the lady didn't put them in a carry bag. I was embarrassed to ask for one so I walked out with my diapers under my arm. I was even more embarrassed when I left the store with my diapers on full display under my arm. It was one of those moments where your just thinking I got my diapers not what else your doing. Until you realise I am walking around in full view, then you just want to hide. As said I was having an diaper withdrawal and not thinking straight.

My wife said carrying my diapers back to the hotel was my punishment for not taking diapers with me on holidays.
Thankfully the Drug Store was only over the road from the Hotel. But I did get some funny looks.

Lesson learnt, take diapers with you. Don't hope to get them where you are going, sometimes there not easy to find.

The rest of the holiday was padded and happy, Hawaii was awesome.

I wore on the flight back and had no issues.

So I'm looking at taking a trip late next year, diapers included, and man these TSA horror stories that always pop up on here make me question going through security in a diaper. I'm a private person and being forced to strip in front of strangers would ruin the whole trip for me. Not to mention that my mother is likely going to be an [unwelcomed] guest on this trip, and while she knows about my diaper-wearing her presence would only make things a million times worse.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
So I'm looking at taking a trip late next year, diapers included, and man these TSA horror stories that always pop up on here make me question going through security in a diaper. I'm a private person and being forced to strip in front of strangers would ruin the whole trip for me. Not to mention that my mother is likely going to be an [unwelcomed] guest on this trip, and while she knows about my diaper-wearing her presence would only make things a million times worse.
I travel a lot. Over the past several years of traveling two or more times every month this was the only time I got inspected, but it was also the only time I was very wet. Normally, I go through security without an issue.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

ieyasu said:
I travel all the time and rarely have any sort of issue. They've checked my bags and have run a manual scanner but they were really minor. That is until last month!

Last month, on a return from a three week trip to Asia, I had a twelve hour layover in Hawaii. I left the airport but the TSA decided that I needed a secondary search upon re-entry and they were going to do a pat down. This was a bigger deal than normal but still wasn't too bad until ...

"Sir, you appear to have a bulge. What is -"

"It's a diaper."

"Oh? Oh! Oh!"

He then invited me over to have a private screening. Once a colleague was available, three of us went to a small screened room.

I dropped my shorts and they proceeded to do another inspection. They still weren't satisfied and one of them opened the door to go get the hand held wand. Mind you, I'm only wearing a diaper from my waist down when the door was opened!

"Shut the door and I'll take the diaper off!"

He did. I did. They swabbed it for explosives. I put it back on, pulled up my shorts and waited for the all clear.

I'm just grateful that I was traveling by myself because that would have been even more embarrassing if a colleague had been traveling with me.

-Ieyasu

I would have sued the pants off of these people.... Them forcing you to take it off with nothing else on you is sexual harassment. Not to mention undue emotional distress.

This sort of thing also happens quite a lot in the trans community. More that one of my transgender friends has been pulled out of line for having the wrong gender marker on their ID. In fact it wasn't until about 6 or 7 years ago that the TSA even had a real written down policy to dealing with the transgender. It's also only been quite recently that MOST (but not all even today) police departments have come up with an actual policy. Even today most state prisons/local jails simply put transwomen into mail prisons.
One thing you might consider is a "carry letter"/card from a psychiatrist/your MD explaining the citation.
Over the years I've made a couple dozen carry cards for my tg friends in the Detroit area, and on a couple ocashens had someone tell me that the card has gotten them out of a "situation" with a cop. So I KNOW that the letters/cards do work.

MickeyM said:
I would have sued the pants off of these people.... Them forcing you to take it off with nothing else on you is sexual harassment. Not to mention undue emotional distress.

Didn't you know that sexual harassment is OK when it's government-mandated?

This has been happening for a while too: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2011/06/27/137449700/tsa-defends-decision-to-make-95-year-old-remove-adult-diaper-for-screening

Because you know, America - land of the free, until you try to step on a plane. Then they can do whatever they want to you and say it's in the name of ''national security.''

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Because you know, America - land of the free, until you try to step on a plane. Then they can do whatever they want to you and say it's in the name of ''national security.''

On a plane, OR within 100 miles of the border also.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:

Kimba,

I travel very frequently. I've been to Japan 8 times this year already. This experience was surreal but with the exception the agent foolishly opening the door without thinking, it really was handled quite professionally.

When the advanced scanner detected something they said that they needed to do a pat down. When asked if I wanted it done in private, I declined. The pat down was slight sweeping all horizontal followed by all vertical (or vice versa)

Once I had told him about the diaper he was embarrassed.

In the private screening room the two of them were professional except one didn't think as he opened the door to get some additional scanner so I wouldn't have to remove the diaper.

I was the one who suggested removing the diaper. I took it off. They quickly examined/swabbed it and I put it back on.

The tone of my p prior message screams sexual harassment but I do not feel that I was harassed. It was a nuisance and would have required a lot of explanation if I had been traveling with someone else.

I can laugh about it now. The look on the agents face when I whispered to him that it was a diaper was worth it!

I've got to head into work so I'll post again later with how not to be screened by TSA because hindsight being 20-20 I know why I was flagged. I think that I'll do it as a separate thread.

-Ieyasu

Just this past May I went to BLFC and I hosted a room party and I had a huge 96 gallon tote with diapers and pooltoys in it and both times it was inspected but thankfully not through the scanner and now I know not to bring so much stuff!

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:

The only time a person's diaper becomes a problem for the TSA is when they pick up on some sort of nervousness (though it may still not be there, they just think you are).

I've been unlucky enough to be late for a last minute flight, AND in an absolutely soaked diaper. When I got to the tsa they wanted to use that wand around my mid section. I immediately knew why, and said sorry I usually try to come through mostly dry but was running behind. The guy waved me through without a word.

To be fair, that would-be terrorist guy did singe his cock off with an underpants-bomb so you can't blame the TSA for paying attention on that one.

i go through security wearing briefs, and then change while on my way to the gate. i have had my bag searched, but it wasnt the diapers that did it. it was the combination of a small potted plant and binoculars in the next section of the back pack. once they found that, no problem. they didnt even look at the diapers.

speaking of travelling padded, two weeks ago i was stuck in a long line for tsa. in front of me was a woman and two kids. considering the wait i thought the kids were doing really well until the boy started to get antsy. he wispered something to mom, and she said "you will have to wait". he said he couldnt. that was when his sister said, " that is why mom put a goodnite on you, so you wouldnt pee your pants". that started a fight, which mom quickly stopped. after a few minutes of quiet tears and sniffles the mom turned to the boy and said "i'll change you after we get through security". even though he was wet he did make it through the screening, with no problem. go figure.

RubberJin said:
To be fair, that would-be terrorist guy did singe his cock off with an underpants-bomb so you can't blame the TSA for paying attention on that one.

There is a pretty big difference between an underwear bomb and a swollen diaper. Why even make him take the diaper off AND test the diaper too? What the heck is the point of that??? You'd think the TSA has never seen a wet diaper before. It smells like pee for a reason, because it isn't nitro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back