Not open for further replies.

quietcutie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
honestly any printed diaper that is sold online is 10x better than any store brand or store sold diapers its laughable. Now i do understand why no one would want to sell abdl diapers in a place like rite aid or heaven forbid wal-mart. But honestly The performance/comfort of abdl brands is far above any other competitor in the diaper business. Why don't they just sell normal plain white diapers but at the same powerhouse as say abu. I know they sell all plain white diapers and they could be played off as incontinence. So why do we only ever see trash diapers that are better off as oil rags in stores.

It's because more people prefer the oil rags to something that actually works, I guess. Medical practitioners are naive, and really don't want to spend any amount of time actually researching the products that may be best suited for their client's situations. So they will recommend what ever is the very cheapest, and call it effective. Products from ABUniverse are purchased by many times more folks with actual incontinence issues than most on this site would believe. They just know about the quality of the product, as compared to other brands. This is why ABUniverese sells out on such a consistent basis, and never has sales. What they have, works; and works better than any other brand on the market that I'm aware of.

Yes, the art and design on their Space product is ugly, all the way down to the shade of blue. And their Little Pawz don't offer much more in asthetics, and finally the Simples look so generic, reminding me of the unlabeled grocery products many years ago. But again, all of those work. Their single-tape SDK diapers (the best on the market in my opinion, bar none!) are nearly impossible to obtain because of their high quality and huge demand. I have to conserve on mine, because I can never be sure when they will be restocked. I would certainly like to see something that is competitive with the SDK, with better availability. But I don't think that will happen any time soon, because the public ignorance and stupidity.

People go with what they're familiar with.

Basically growing up they hear about grandmas' bladder issues and see that she used Depends or such. So when they get older they reach for what Grandma was using. Never knowing that there are better options out there that will work much much better for their problems. Because IC is seen as something to be absolutely ashamed of, but really, you can't help it. If you want to break the stigma of people wearing diapers, that's where work needs to start, breaking down the "Shhhh...hush hush" 'secrecy' about IC.

There are some people, like me, that don't care if people know, but there are others who would 'just die' if anyone else knew. :p

Also, I always hear everyone going "Well, I had to go pick up grandma/grandpa a pack of Depends at the store." And I'm always like "Wow, you must really dislike them if you make them wear those."

(BTW: Depend has black pull-ons. LOL I'm seriously laughing at this because Rearz did away with their black diapers and now I see that Depend has black pull-ons. :lol: )

black pull ons? what nobody wants those why do they think it will sell

Their is actually a sneaky argument the corporate shrinkflation peddlers have with their garbage products that actually works well “you shouldn’t leave someone in a soiled diaper, they should be changed often for skin health” which means they can get away with producing rubbish and blaming the caregiver. Unsurprisingly their are medical retailers that rub their hands in glee with this.

When I worked in a hospital supply department high end Abena products were only for the cancer ward that was part privately funded, everyone else got rubbish.

Not endorsing Abena BTW this was a longtime ago in a galaxy far far away when Abena made quality products.

Argent said:
Their is actually a sneaky argument the corporate shrinkflation peddlers have with their garbage products that actually works well “you shouldn’t leave someone in a soiled diaper, they should be changed often for skin health” which means they can get away with producing rubbish and blaming the caregiver. Unsurprisingly their are medical retailers that rub their hands in glee with this.

When I worked in a hospital supply department high end Abena products were only for the cancer ward that was part privately funded, everyone else got rubbish.

Not endorsing Abena BTW this was a longtime ago in a galaxy far far away when Abena made quality products.

Thats dirty, capitalism in action though.

You should change fairly often for skin health if you have a tendency to get rashes. But you can go a full eight hours in a wet diaper and not have many issues. (I have, and by the time I got home I was so disgusted with the diaper. Blegh! It HELD, but it was gross an' yucky and BLEGH.)

I think the way things are in almost any market is that a lot of the market will buy cheap stuff (like the crap adult diapers you see at Walmart and pharmacies), a lot will buy stuff at the middle level, but then few people buy stuff at the highest level.

I think Diapers are kinda the same, only when it comes to a need you cant get away with using cheap products and must buy what works, so even if we complain about cost of things we gotta buy what we gotta buy.

I buy ABDL grade diapers because I like to use diapers of that quality level for the occasions that I do want to use diapers, if I can afford diapers that are that good I feel like I enjoy using diapers more, you know? So although it costs a lot it's worth it.

I think (in the case of store diapers - not institutional diapers) that most people, when faced with needing diapers, will go to the store they are familiar with (whether that is Target, CVS, Wal-Mart or whatever) and see what they have. They will then chose one style/brand at that store and never realize or think that there might be better diapers available on-line.

Now this may change in the future as more people grow up in a culture that will turn to the internet first before going to a local store.

BabyDenise said:
I think (in the case of store diapers - not institutional diapers) that most people, when faced with needing diapers, will go to the store they are familiar with (whether that is Target, CVS, Wal-Mart or whatever) and see what they have. They will then chose one style/brand at that store and never realize or think that there might be better diapers available on-line.

Now this may change in the future as more people grow up in a culture that will turn to the internet first before going to a local store.

True, they wont be looking online for products that they don't know exist, and old fashioned people may not use the internet or trust in buying on the internet (although buying stuff is usually pretty safe if you stick with known companies, and furthermore if you use PayPal just in case)

Last edited:
quietcutie said:
Thats dirty, capitalism in action though.

Turns out yes that’s correct :(

But then, capitalism is what makes products from the likes of ABUnivers and Confidry available. It has to do with supply, and demand. One can see how ABUniverse can put a price on their products without having to mark them down during sales, and they always tend to fly off the shelves. It's all about the quality. And when more of the public is aware of how well the AB diapers work, the demand will continue to increase. I would certainly hope that the good companies don't engage in shrink-flation, but I do feel that ABUniverse is very close to the edge with their Peek-Abu and Simple Ultra products. Any thinner, and I'll go some place else.

The capitalism reasoning doesn't actually work when you think about it, but unfortunately most people don't. They look at the cost of each diaper and do want to go with what's the cheapest. IF you put Northshore or Betterdry on the shelf next to depends and store brands then they will never sell because of the up front sticker shock. Except those "cheap" ones need to be changed much too often which drives up their total price, often well above the "expensive" ones.

It's also a marketing thing, and the general population has no idea there's something better out there. They are told depends works great, so they believe it. The big manufacturers also pay for their total shelf space, which keeps other brands off the shelf all together. The problem isn't just capatilism in general, it's greedy capitalists who want the status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back