UPDATE: Some recent thoughts and discoveries about booster pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotexasDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I've tried a variety of booster pads, but have had a large bag of the Tena Serenity Overnights for quite awhile. I used to use them in some of the early trials in different diapers. Remembered that they did a surprisingly good job and seemed to absorb quite a bit. I've finally settled on a couple different premium diapers, Rearz Inspires, and Better Drys. They work so well I didn't see the need for a pad.

Recently I decided to put on one of my pull ups for daytime. They are the Always Discreet brand, and do a great job, for what they are. I ended up adding one of my Tena pads. I wet in it several times all without a leak. I even poke holes thru the plastic backing to make sure they wick into the diaper. Later in the day I took them off and noticed that the pad was hugely swollen and almost round. I pulled the pad out and the diaper was still mostly dry, so just added a new pad to it. I've done that several times now and love how well they work. Not gonna replace my night time diaper but for daily wear works great.

Cool you just might have sold me on those. I'll have to give them a try

There's all sorts of boosters, but I find that the pads with holes poked in the back work surprisingly well. The best ones IMO are the equate options pads, ultimate absorbency and long length. The northshore boosters are great, but they open and spill the polymer out on the ends. That's why I like the equate pads.

Buy a wartenberg wheel on Amazon, they make perforating the back a breeze.
42bce1ce0904735e49e9f0c998df0318.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maxi pads actually don't work that great, and adult diaper booser pads cost way too much. If you insist on using a booster then it's hard to do better than with a size 1 or 2 baby diaper. This is good for occasional use, but if you're always adding a booster then it's better, easier, and often cheaper to just go with a slightly better diaper.

Antientmariner said:
Cool you just might have sold me on those. I'll have to give them a try

I think you'll like them.

Further update: They are rated at 16oz capacity, which is awesome for a pad. According to the reviews here bladder capacity is considered to be 200-700ml, with average around 400ml. So pretty good wetting of 400ml still is only about 13.5oz so plenty more to go. I know I've wet 3 times without leaks. Like I said sometimes when soaked I'll remove a pad and the diaper/pullup is still OK so just replace it with another pad. So at about 30 cents a piece I'm now in it for 60 cents. Still way cheaper than a full fledged premium diaper and so easy to use during the day when it usually requires removing for number 2 business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back