Hook and Loop Recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intergalactic

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been wanting to try a hook and loop disposable because I'm getting a bit fed up with constantly popping tapes. I'm never really satisfied with a change and want to try and readjust things constantly. I planned to get some Tykables but they are currently all sold out for the time being. Does anyone have a recommendation for another quality hook and loop diaper?

Well, there are the Bambino Diapers with the Velcro Landing zone.

Bambino Magnifico! Works great, especially if you don't like messing in your diaper. You can undo one side and let the diaper slide down you leg. Use the bathroom, pull back up and refasten. They are much better than tape.

What diapers are you using that keep popping?

I've tried the ABU space and confidry 24/7's. I was able to learn how to get the ABU's tapped up perfectly on the first try but I always have issues with the 24/7's.

Besides Tykables and Bambino Magnifico,I believe that new bear hugs one is hook and loop

I like the hook and loop on the new Bear Hugz diapers. Have worked well for me

As mentioned, bambino has the magnifico with velcro tabs. Tykables though has several velcro options. They've got little builders for lower capacity, and overnights/galactic for higher capacity.

The velcro have their own "pop" problem. While they're strong against straight pulls, can easily be moved, and will "drift back" when pulled instead of popping, they will shift or pop really easily if pulled at an angle. So make sure you attach the tapes so they're facing directly away from where they're getting pulled toward.

I wear little builders daily to work, and I always have to angle my lower tapes down around 45 degrees because my fit requires the tapes to pull the lower part of the front of my diaper both out and up. (most of my diapers fit that way, and even plastic tapes will have problems with getting pulled sideways, by stretching one side of the tab or even tearing it)

intergalactic said:
I've been wanting to try a hook and loop disposable because I'm getting a bit fed up with constantly popping tapes. I'm never really satisfied with a change and want to try and readjust things constantly. I planned to get some Tykables but they are currently all sold out for the time being. Does anyone have a recommendation for another quality hook and loop diaper?

First though, what diapers are you using that keep popping off? I personally recommend Confidry24/7, Northshore Supreme, Betterdry/Crinklz, or PeekABU. None of these diapers currently have issues with the tapes popping off.

Secondly. Cloth like disposables do not work as good as plastic backed diapers. They typically hold less, and will leak like a shiv on the sides when lying down. They are much worse at containing smells too.

Third. You really just need to figure out how to tape a diaper on without needing to readjust the tapes. The next time you do get a good snug fit, try to memorize where the tapes ended up at. Use landmarks on the diaper for this, like the padding or elastics below, distance from edge, and any prints you may have. Now, the next time you go to diaper up, just put the tapes in that same place. You will instantly get a good fit every time without worrying where to place the tapes, and you won't need to readjust it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back