Preparing a cloth diaper for sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykedanappies

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm just making the switch from disposable to cloth diapers. How do you prepare a cloth diaper for a good night sleep without leaking?

Lykedanappies said:
I'm just making the switch from disposable to cloth diapers. How do you prepare a cloth diaper for a good night sleep without leaking?

What kind of cloth diaper are we talking about?

Lykedanappies said:

I use a good quality “pre-fold night diaper”, they have several more layers than a daytime, a soaker which is a much smaller diaper in the “wet zone” and a good quality properly fitting pair of plastic pants. The plastic pants should be big enough to cover both the top front and top rear of your diapers.

I wear either a prefold or contour diaper, with a booster, and a PUL diaper cover. I make sure that I change into my night diaper with an empty bladder. I do not drink a lot of fluids after6 pm I do take pm medication with a small glass of water.

I change just before bedtime in a CTDC twill prefold with booster and PUL panties. I don't drink
water before I go to bed. If I wet after I get in bed I like it. I still can use it 2-3 times during the
night and don't have a wet bed.

I fold a square or rectangular flat diaper into a trapezoid, giving extra thickness in front, while still covering sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back