I think I’m losing bladder control :(

Ihatecrohns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I’ve been having to wear diapers for many months now due to Crohn’s and generally once my flare goes down I’m less likely to have accidents and can normally move to just a pad.

I’m worried from wearing the diapers I’ve untrained my bladder because now I’m dribbling all the time, I had to go home today because I was walking around and noticed my pants were getting a wet patch when I got home I found I’d soaked right through the pad :(

When I was wearing the full diapers I was wetting them as well for convenience but I thought coming out of them would be fine now I’m dribbling all the time without even realising :(

its time to revisit your urologist to see what’s causing the issue and if your pads are no longer absorbant enough its time to switch back to taped diapers untill you see your urologist to get a proper medical evaluation it could just be a slight infection thats causing the dribbling if thats the case you will be back out of diapers in a couple of weeks once the infection is cleared up hopefully thats all it is.

As Rob110 said, you need to get this checked out. Until you know otherwise, I’d treat this as separate from your Crohns issues.

I do feel for you though, my control has become worse and over the summer I had to go into thicker diapers 24/7. It wasn’t easy but having that thicker protection has helped me feel more active and confident again.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Dinotopian2002 said:
As Rob110 said, you need to get this checked out. Until you know otherwise, I’d treat this as separate from your Crohns issues.

I do feel for you though, my control has become worse and over the summer I had to go into thicker diapers 24/7. It wasn’t easy but having that thicker protection has helped me feel more active and confident again.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

I do feel better when I know a leak is about impossible.

As you wear diapers longer and longer, and using them when the urge hits, you will pee more frequently, peeing more frequently over time will cause your bladder to shrink. As your bladder shrinks and frequency increases voiding becomes easier to a point where holding it, or the ability to hold it will also decrease as you have trained your sphincter to relax and allow voiding with decreasing ability to hold it can lead to urge incontinence.

before going to a full on diaper you may want to try a good pull up if you dont like the idea of full time diapers

dwayne said:
before going to a full on diaper you may want to try a good pull up if you dont like the idea of full time diapers

they already tried that, and there partner took a more direct approach to saying they needed to stick with diapers by taking away all the pullups after they found those weren't working.

Back