How AB/DL come about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgdlboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I was wondering being a DL how we all come about , all of us are from different parts of the world , different countries , different cultures , different beliefs , different upbringing , different lives , everything about us is all different yet AB/DL is something we have in common.

Most of us did not have any form of contact with other AB/DL before meaning we were AB/DL before we go on the internet to find out that hey there are others like us.

What is it that makes this a common thing , we had AB/DL in common before we even had any contact with other AB/DLs , its so weird. Anyone have any theories how we might come about?

It is possible that diapers acted as a transitional comfort object like a security blanket in our early development. So, for example, at some point as an infant, you came to the realization that mother was not there, or could not be there, you became anxious or frustrated, and diapers temporarily took her place in your mind because the diapers reminded you of your mother. Diapers then acted as a comforting and ever present reminder of previous experiences with your mother (or attachment parent). For some people, a song, a certain blanket, or possibly a stuffed animal may have served this purpose. For me, at least, and I imagine most ABDL folks, diapers and the smell of diapers and baby powder had this effect. Who knows why... just random chance, I suppose. As we got older, we naturally had a tendency to seek out this comforting experience, but it was eventually met with a sense of taboo mixed with shame because babies are both cute and well loved and not something you are supposed to want to be because you are growing up. What happens when someone tells you not to want something? You want it more. Throw in the fact that they also prevent you from waking up in the middle of the night soaking wet, and now there's an additional layer of comfort and relief from anxiety, mixed with an additional layer of taboo and guilt and shame if, like me, you wet the bed for years longer than your siblings. If, many years later, you throw in the fact that diapers also rub up against certain parts of the body extremely sensitive to touch, you can get a layer of sexual excitation and a sexual attachment/fetish can develop. Particularly if your first sexual experiences were in a context that involved diapers (like having a wet dream while wearing one). Now, here you are 20 years later, left wondering what the hell is wrong with you, when in reality, it was just a sort of coincidence that led you down this path... and tons of other people have had the same experience... and there's nothing wrong with you at all. In fact, its relatively common just not generally accepted. This scenario could play out in almost any culture, presupposing that you were diapered as an infant, and had diapers around as a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the long response. It's a good question. One I've been asking myself for a long time... That's just my current theory. I'd love to hear other folks thoughts on this subject as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best theory I've heard is called imprinting, which is a process animals go through in the early stages of life. It's not completely understood but is known to be a factor in social relationships and mate selection by causing emotional bonds to certain aspects of other individuals or objects. It is responsible for what we would consider "normal" bonding, and would no doubt have gone completely unnoticed by the scientific community except for the fact that it occasionally produces strange results; such as baby ducks bonding with a stick instead of their mothers, or a man finding unusual comfort, or even sexual arousal, with diapers.

I'm sure we all have our own story to tell about how we got into diapers. I've noticed that quite a few got started at a very young age. Quite the opposite for me. I'm a senior and have only been into diapers for a few years. I have however been into CDing and wearing cute girly things. I ran across a few pics of a guy wearing some baby diapers with a cute feminine print on them, and loved them and had to try some. They were Goodnites for Girls and were a very tight fit, but looked so cute and really felt good. Then the magic happened. I decided to pee so just let it flow. What an amazing feeling and knew I was hooked. Now am into wearing every night and off and on some days. LOVE IT.

Drifter said:
The best theory I've heard is called imprinting, which is a process animals go through in the early stages of life. It's not completely understood but is known to be a factor in social relationships and mate selection by causing emotional bonds to certain aspects of other individuals or objects. It is responsible for what we would consider "normal" bonding, and would no doubt have gone completely unnoticed by the scientific community except for the fact that it occasionally produces strange results; such as baby ducks bonding with a stick instead of their mothers, or a man finding unusual comfort, or even sexual arousal, with diapers.

I'd expect it can have any of several common triggers, the big three being comfort/safety, regression, and sexual. We've seen polls and threads asking people's opinions about why they think they have these feelings, and it's almost always some mix (or single pick) of those three. For me it's exclusively the latter, though I'm certain I had some attraction to the concept before I was even a teenager. For at least my group, I think it has a lot to do with instinctive behavior. Every species on earth needs to have a sex drive and enough instinctive behaviors to continue the species with very little or no training/learning involved. So there's got to be some "hard-wired" behaviors and basic identifications that every person has from birth, that will drive them to somehow want sex and assist them in doing it, even with no instruction or understanding of what they are doing or even WHY they are doing it.

Sights, sounds, smells, and physical sensations are all tied into this. But nobody is born with an image of a naked man/woman in their head, knowing what to do, knowing how it feels to have sex, or why it should be a priority in their life. So it has to be something more abstract. I can't see a simple universal explanation for every aspect of why I'm attracted to diapers, but I think I can see a lot of it. I believe a big part of it is feeling the soft smooth plastic, seeing the round curves of how it fits me, the place on my body it shows up, and most importantly the soft touch, warmth, and rubbing it provides down there. I think this simply "presses a lot of the buttons" that have been hard-coded into my brain from birth, that say "this is something you need to do, this is important". It's not quite what my body intended, (a naked woman and having sex) but it satisfies most of the stimulus I've been hard-wired to yearn for and enjoy.

The "process of imprinting" is just taking abstract concepts and finding a real-world stimulus that satisfies the requirements, and then "locking in" that more specific example that's being experienced. Then the desires and urges that were previously frustrated by looking for a very abstract experience suddenly become tied to a real, available, repeatable action. So now we know how to immediately satisfy those instinctive demands, and every time we repeat it, the connection is made stronger.

Although a big part of those urges manifest at puberty, there are still some that are active from an early age, and I think that helps explain why I feel I have always been attracted to diapers. It probably started with something I saw or felt from an early age that began connecting with needs I had but didn't understand. And I'm well-beyond the point of being able to just drop those connections that have been made in my head. Like classical imprinting, I'd expect it's something that's very difficult or impossible for me to undo since it's had so much time to solidify.

Maybe you think that's a little too deep, but that's my opinion on why there are a lot of Diaper Lovers in the world today.

its a fetish/lifestyle that doesnt sit to well with vanilla folks as its likened to children, vanilla people will see anything that is a fetish as sexual so when you are sexualizing diapers and other baby things what do you think is running through their mind. Its unfortunate but we have to stay reclusive on this because lets face reality, they are not going to think any different and any media attempt we make to show our innocence will probably be takin as a joke. The internet is a powerful tool that allows like minded individuals to get into contact wheres previously it was all chance and most of them ended in being caught instead of telling and before this mid 2000s alot of peoples ignorance was strong thanks to lack of knowledge because the internet wasnt really mainstream powerful tool anyone and their dog could use. I am a firm believer that mankind was not ready for the internet, and i dont think humans will ever be able to adjust to such power. Vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips anytime you want it.

I am not sure where my love of wetting came from but I know from being young I liked wetting myself. I often wet my pants unintentionally as a kid but soon realised I loved the feeling of wetting my self and being wet afterwards. I started doing it deliberately whenever I felt like it as I could get away with it as I wet my self by accident most days in any case.
I was a chronic nightly bedwetter and my bedwetting never bothered me either. I just slept in it until morning.
I have no idea why I grew up enjoying wetting my self but I just did.

bambinod said:
The "process of imprinting" is just taking abstract concepts and finding a real-world stimulus that satisfies the requirements, and then "locking in" that more specific example that's being experienced. Then the desires and urges that were previously frustrated by looking for a very abstract experience suddenly become tied to a real, available, repeatable action. So now we know how to immediately satisfy those instinctive demands, and every time we repeat it, the connection is made stronger.

Although a big part of those urges manifest at puberty, there are still some that are active from an early age, and I think that helps explain why I feel I have always been attracted to diapers. It probably started with something I saw or felt from an early age that began connecting with needs I had but didn't understand. And I'm well-beyond the point of being able to just drop those connections that have been made in my head. Like classical imprinting, I'd expect it's something that's very difficult or impossible for me to undo since it's had so much time to solidify.
Imprinting, as I understand it, doesn't work quite this way. What you are describing is learning through classical psychological methods like repetition, or reward and punishment. Sometimes the word "imprinting" is used to mean the result of this kind of learning, but this is a little confusing because the actual, observable, phenomenon we call "imprinting" is different, as shown by research. Imprinted characteristics do not require "so much time to solidify". They happen relatively suddenly at a very young age, and from the moment they happen they tend to be, as you put it, "locked in".

The way I look at it, there are three known, interactive, forces that shape human behavior: genetics, imprinting, and psychology. Most people never heard of imprinting so they are left struggling to explain unusual behavior in genetic or psychological terms.

quietcutie said:
its a fetish/lifestyle that doesnt sit to well with vanilla folks as its likened to children, vanilla people will see anything that is a fetish as sexual so when you are sexualizing diapers and other baby things what do you think is running through their mind. Its unfortunate but we have to stay reclusive on this because lets face reality, they are not going to think any different and any media attempt we make to show our innocence will probably be takin as a joke. The internet is a powerful tool that allows like minded individuals to get into contact wheres previously it was all chance and most of them ended in being caught instead of telling and before this mid 2000s alot of peoples ignorance was strong thanks to lack of knowledge because the internet wasnt really mainstream powerful tool anyone and their dog could use. I am a firm believer that mankind was not ready for the internet, and i dont think humans will ever be able to adjust to such power. Vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips anytime you want it.

Except as the OP pointed out, a vast majority of us are or became DL prior to accessing the internet. It's is a common part of who we are, and that doesn't even address it from the aspect of a lifestyle fetish like you're suggesting. What the OP is asking is how can so many of us be this way even though we were so isolated and so young we couldn't even access the internet.

It's a good question too. I suppose imprinting could be one possible answer, though I highly doubt that would apply to everyone. Imprinting doesn't really work for explaining why someone is gay or straight either, nor do we fully understand the why behind it. It's the same for being abdl, we really just don't know why.

Slomo said:
I suppose imprinting could be one possible answer, though I highly doubt that would apply to everyone. Imprinting doesn't really work for explaining why someone is gay or straight either, nor do we fully understand the why behind it. It's the same for being abdl, we really just don't know why.
Actually, sexual orientation is almost certainly an imprinted characteristic. The tenacity of the unusual sexual "orientations" we see in animals and humans is one of the main things that made scientists aware there is something else going on that defied our understanding of genetics and psychology. Once we got past the knee-jerk responses that "unnatural" sexual desires were sins or mental illnesses, we could better study this phenomenon, which we labeled "imprinting". You're right, we don't fully understand the why behind it, but we know it is happening just like we know gravity is happening despite not fully understanding the why behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back