Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right hand vehicles

I'm in NZ, we drive on the left too (RHD). I've never driven on the wrong side of the road but have driven in the UK. Those narrow lanes are pretty sketchy! Especially with stone walls both sides... Worst part about driving in the UK is that your indicators are on the wrong side of the steering column so I was forever washing the windscreen.

Was quite fun, got upgraded to a manual diesel Peugot hatch with sports trim & 17" rims!

My current car is a JDM turbo Nissan, beat that

I reckon driving RHD makes more sense for right-handed people, as I can steer with my dominant hand & shift with my non-dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBoi View Post
    I'm in NZ, we drive on the left too (RHD). I've never driven on the wrong side of the road but have driven in the UK. Those narrow lanes are pretty sketchy! Especially with stone walls both sides... Worst part about driving in the UK is that your indicators are on the wrong side of the steering column so I was forever washing the windscreen.

Was quite fun, got upgraded to a manual diesel Peugot hatch with sports trim & 17" rims!

My current car is a JDM turbo Nissan, beat that

I reckon driving RHD makes more sense for right-handed people, as I can steer with my dominant hand & shift with my non-dominant.
    You think UK roads are hard in a car when they have stone walls both sides , try doing it in a 44t 60ft long Artic truck
    As for the indicators , that's dictated by Europe

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    As for the indicators , that's dictated by Europe
    I didn't know that - must be a recent thing as my collection have the indicators in different places. I thought it depended on the car company as they all have their own conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberJin View Post
    I didn't know that - must be a recent thing as my collection have the indicators in different places. I thought it depended on the car company as they all have their own conventions.
    Most models for sale in UK have stalk on L/H side
    Ford, Honda,Iveco,Fiat ,Vauxhall MAN
    Yes I've had cars and driven trucks with R/H side stalk but not in a long while as I'm a Ford man and drive the same make of truck at work MAN but our Merc's and Iveco's are the same as well