Warming nappies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osthagen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
With the colder months approaching, I’ve been thinking that it would be nice to have a warm nappy to sleep in.

Is there any way I can make my nighttime nappies just a little bit warmer before I put them on?

Not in the microwave or oven, trust me, its not a good idea, unless you want the visit from your local firefighter dept to your place and have to explain what did you try to cook there, a diaper... Not exactly something easy to explain...

Could you warm them with a hair dryer? Just don't hold the dryer to close for a long period of time.

Here’s a simple one, when it gets cold out and you have to turn the heater on, place them next to the vent and warm them like you would warm socks or shoes.

stick them on bed with the electric blanket on.

I've used a heating pad to warm nappies. it works really well

I throw mine in the dryer for a few minutes. Warm and fluffy....

justanotherDL said:
I throw mine in the dryer for a few minutes. Warm and fluffy....

I assume you're referring to cloth? You can toss a disposable in a dryer for only about 10 seconds safely. Anything out around 30 seconds and the diaper explodes in the dryer and makes quite a mess.

Just pee in them!

My stash is quite close to a radiator, so the nappies never really get cold. Drink lots of fluid, and warm up the nappy naturally :)

If you have a towel warmer maybe you could use that. My sister left one here and now I’m going to see how it works.

Do you have any air vents in your house you could put them on top of? That'd work well and wouldn't get hot enough to start a fire.

I won't put them on or too near a steam or hot-water radiator but near a forced-air vent should be fine.

As someone else mentioned, I would stay away from a dryer. The no-heat option probably would not do any good and any temperature setting would be too likely to damage the diaper.

Do you have pets? Many your cat or dog would like to sleep on the diaper for a while? (Ok, maybe not the best idea especially for acts who like to use their claws to stretch.)

A hot-water bottle, wrapped in a towel?

I dunno I just wear nappiie to sleep every night. Perhaps a cute cover?

Osthagen said:
With the colder months approaching, I’ve been thinking that it would be nice to have a warm nappy to sleep in.

Is there any way I can make my nighttime nappies just a little bit warmer before I put them on?

Ok, this one will not be possible for everyone, although I wish that it was. Before my wife diapers me or after she changes me she will lie on top of the fresh clean diaper if I am out of the room for a moment. This does 2 things, it gets the diaper nice and warm and her hands as well. It really works!

the two safe ways are placing one over the heat vent for about 1/2hour before bed time, or lay it out on top of a heating pad for the same amount of time. fyi, i use a heating pad to warm dinner plates during the winter too. no cold food here, either.

I wonder if it's possible to design a nappy with material that reacts to body heat or motion. I'm thinking of similar material to hand-warmers.

Microwave ..... No really dont ask why i done this before to warm up a cold diaper that was wet .... Desperate times ages ago lol

Pour warm water in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back